“Good stay, with a few quirks...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Tampa Downtown

You added Hilton Tampa Downtown to your Saves list
Hilton Tampa Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   211 North Tampa Street, Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Hotel Tampa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Military Family Rate
Ranked #26 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hattiesburg,
“Good stay, with a few quirks...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for business purposes. First impressions of the hotel were good. However, a few improvements might be needed. While the clerk at checkin was friendly and informed me about the free Wi-Fi package I received and my special request for pillows that should be taken care of, it would've been nice to get a little more information about the location of hotel amenities and anything interesting going on in the area. Also, despite the clerk's assurances about my pillow request, I still had to call down to housekeeping to get the right kind of pillows in the room. It took two calls and 30 minutes before I finally got them! Housekeeping could use some service improvements. The room was nice, but view wasn't so great. Bathrooms and closets were very small too. The bed felt comfortable, but I didn't sleep so well. Seems as though one side of the bed was sinking down a bit. Overall, I'd stay again, just would ask where amenities are, better views and ensure the correct pillows were there.

• Stayed August 2014
Randy K, Rooms Executive at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I am glad the first impression about the hotel was very good. I apologize for the pillows not being correct when you checked into the hotel. I will share your comments with the appropriate Managers to ensure this does not happen again. Please come back and try out the hotel again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

High class hotel. Nice pool and hot tub. Great for convention weekends. Took care of my parking for free the day I needed to check out but still wanted to be in Tampa for the day. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Randy K, Rooms Executive at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about the hotel and your experience at the Hilton Tampa Downtown. The staff takes great pride at making sure every guest receives great service. Hope to see you again! Thank you for your business.
Williamstown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Great amenities, internet speed was like no ever I ever experienced at a hotel. Rooms and property extremely clean. Used the pool, the bar and the food is very very good! Was there last year for a convention and the place was even better this time. Love this place!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. The staff and I are so happy that you enjoyed your stay while attending your convention. Hope to see you again soon! Thank you for your business.
F. Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Attended a conference at this hotel. The lobby is beautiful with Ipads and Macs and comfortable couches and modern furniture. Good, strong WiFi signal. The staff looked crisp and professional. I was always greeted with a smile. The breakfast buffet was delicous and offered good value. The convention space was nice and the location downtown was convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for writing a review about the hotel. We are so glad you had a great experience at the Hilton Tampa Downtown. We hope to see you back soon. Thank you for your business.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Spending a few days in Tampa and once again chose the Hilton Tampa Downtown. Recent renovations in the lobby and guest rooms have made this a very beautiful property. Bedding is clean and very comfortable. Suites are spacious with refrigerators and some have microwaves. The Presidential Suite is very nice, roomy, comfortable seating.
The staff at this hotel are some of the best I have encountered. From the first steps in, the valet/bellmen are friendly, helpful, and very polite. Great bar service always, food and drinks delicious, tasty, and beautifully served. We have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed by the great staff.

Room Tip: The recent renovations by Hilton have made this a very nice hotel- beautiful lobby/rooms and a great...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Randy K, Rooms Executive at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you so much for writing a review about your experience at the Hilton Tampa Downtown. We are so happy that you experienced what our goals are for customer service. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your business!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was there for a convention, one that has been held in the hotel previously. The staff was OUTSTANDING. From check in, to room service, to valet parking attendents - everyone was above and beyond. The room, well - the carpet was stained and that was a little nasty. The carpet in the halls looked the same way - a little worn. My major gripe was the escalator wasn't working. Going up was OK, but not coming down. That would normally be no big deal, but I never did find the stairs, nor did most folks. The wait for the elevator took forever with most people going down from floor 2 to the lobby level. The escaltor was down before thursday and still down oon Sunday. Not a good thing with a convention taking place. Drinks were weak also - just saying. Overall I had a good time and the staff more than made up for the dated carpet and weak adult beverages.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing a review about your recent experience at the Hilton Tampa Downtown. We are glad you enjoyed the wonderful customer service that our associates provide to all of our guests. We apologize for the down escalator not functioning. The hotel had to complete a major repair in order for it to work in the future. Hope to see you next year.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

After being hassled by security several times I felt the need to write this review. While trying to locate my lost cell phone ab security guard took the liberty to start asking me for my credentials rather than attempting to aide me in my search and recovery of my missing $700 phone which I wanted to avoid needing to misplace. After that I felt like everywhere I went security wanted to hassle me. Even while leaving on the am the security confused me with another guest that had been removed from property but no matter where I went I guess being black gets you profiled unreasonably in Tampa. Maybe I should have worn my uniform to receive better service. On top of already high prices and broken doors in my room and several general area services in need of repair this was definitely one of the worst stays I've ever had at a Hilton. The only positive about the whole stay was the waiting staff. Christie was saving grace of the whole establishment. Maybe you should hire someone with her customer service experience to train your security staff.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for writing a review about your experience. I would be more than happy to discuss your comments over the phone. You may call me in my office @ 813-222-4960. There was a large convention in the hotel that required you to have credentials in certain areas. Glad you enjoyed the service from Christie in 211 Lounge.

Been to Hilton Tampa Downtown? Share your experiences!