“Comfortable bed but don't take room 606” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Tampa Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hilton Tampa Downtown to your Saves list
Hilton Tampa Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   211 North Tampa Street, Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Hotel Tampa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast & WiFi Package
Ranked #30 of 159 hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Comfortable bed but don't take room 606”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed at this Hilton primarily because of it's proximity to a business meeting I had in Tampa. The check-in was extremely smooth and pleasant. The front desk was professional and moved me to a different room as I had inadvertently signed up for a handicapped room. I was given room 606. The bed was phenomenally comfortable. However this room is directly above the hot tub with it's flashing lights and music. I thought it was ridiculous that I had to call security to ask for the salsa music to be turned down after 11 PM on a Sunday so that I could get to sleep. Bottom line, I really like this hotel, I like the breakfast area and service, the beds are among the best I experience, I just would stay away from room 606.
The workout room is sufficient for aerobic exercises but does not have very much for weight training. It does have dumbbells from 5 to 50 pounds, but not a lot of room for exercise

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonTampaDowntown, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Greetings Maltafaz,

Thank you for staying with us. We apologize for the situation with room 606. Our Rooms Executive will look into this.

We are happy you really enjoyed our beds. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, please come back and visit us.

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hilton in downtown for 2 nights. They are renovating from a Hyatt to a Hilton and you can not sleep here, they are actually still booking rooms during renovation so it is loud! Extremely loud!!! and you can't sleep, I hate these guys because I could not sleep the whole time and the first night I complained they said they would move to a area that was away from the renovation but the idiot actually moved me closer and it was louder. Maybe he was trying to help but he failed, Dummy probably did it in purpose. Plus I did find two beetle bugs in the room which is strange.

This hilton sucks! The need to complete the renovation in a timely manner. They need to fire atleast two or front desk managers. And I don't know why they renovated anyway, it looked better as a Hyatt , now everything is white in the hotel and it looks like a stupid apple store. This place has a ton of little charges that add up too but I won't get into that because money doesn't matter to me, I don't mind paying for quality good nights sleep but when you can't provide that and then offer me nothing in return to make me happy when you know you screwed up, well that's when you get a crappy review like this, you can also see this review on tripadvisor and 6 other sites I post reviews on , hilton get your act together cause your starting to suck. Sorry guys.

• Stayed November 2013
Greetings TerryS,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your visit to our hotel. We are very disappointed to see that your stay was not enjoyable. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Please contact our Rooms Executive, Randy Kuiken, at 813-204-3000 so we can get more information about your stay and we can make it better.

Our goal is to regain your confidence in our services and staff, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Las Cruces
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel is right by downtown. It was really nice accommodation, the staff was extremely knowledgeable. The room was clean and nice. Excellent experience. Starbucks is right by the lobby, so if you like good coffee you don't have to go far. Internet service was good, and there are computer and mac available for everyone in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Greetings Matteo S,

Thank you for staying with us. It was nice to know you enjoyed the hotel as well as our staff. Thank you so much for your comments.

We enjoyed having you as a guest and we look forward to having you back at our hotel soon.

Charlestown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Nice looking hotel throughout the building. Lots of walkable options for dinner, etc; however this made parking nearly unnecessary - if you really don't need a car, don't rent one. There was lots of parking available or you could use the hotel valet, but seemed a little pricey and everything was so close anyway. My room was really comfortable and spacious, and the gym and pool were really close - I was on the 4th floor and they were on the 5th floor, but there was a special door & stair access almost right next to my room. The staff was young, eager and attentive. Location was not as "cool" as the Marriott and some of the others right on the water. However, overall I had a nice experience here and will chose it again in the future.

Room Tip: rooms from 407-412 will give you ready access to the gym and pool
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Greetings Geoffrey D,

Thank you for staying with us. It was nice to see you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate your comments about our hotel and staff. We are looking forward to have you as a guest again.

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Hilton Tampa Downtown exceeded my expectations in every way. The staff was friendly and accomodating, the room was clean and comfortable, and the hotel design was fresh and impressive. I will be sure to recommend it to my clients and colleagues!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Greetings Lenny23,

Thank you for staying with us. We are really happy you had a great time. Thank you for your kind comments.

It was a pleasure having you as a guest and we look forward to serving you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice area in down town tampa hotel exelent location and starbucks next to the lobby y can ask for more close to the arena convention center and ybor city restaurants are firt class y love the hotel and the staff very frendly for me its a 5 star hotel thans

• Stayed November 2013
HiltonTampaDowntown, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Greetings Abraham1964,

Thank you for staying with us. Your gracious comments are very much appreciated. We are happy to see you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

GREAT location in the heart of Tampa able to walk all around the city. Real pleasant experience. The college is directly across the waterway which you can walk to from the hotel. The staff real friendly the only difficult thing was parking the valet was full so we had to self park and I was charged twice on my credit card. Otherwise great place to stay in Tampa!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Greetings Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. It was nice to see that overall your stay was enjoyable. We apologize for being charged twice for parking, hopefully it was all taken care of. If not, please contact us.

Thank you for your comments, and we hope to see you back again soon.

Hilton Tampa Downtown - Management

Been to Hilton Tampa Downtown? Share your experiences!