“Run for your healths sake” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens

You added Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   720 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #136 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Savannah, Georgia
“Run for your healths sake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A party of 5 to stay for 2 nights in 2 rooms prior to a cruise. We had another hotel reservations but they fell through and found this hotel after midnight after numerous calls to find a vacancy. So, we were desperate. And I paid the price. The whole place was dirty, rundown with peeling paint, loose carpet that was thread bare, hardly any water pressure for a shower, shampoo for one but 3 were in the room. Only the bed was comfortable, but the price I paid was over 50 bug bites to my ears, neck, back...and I could go on. I developed blisters on my ears where I had at least 5 bites on each. I had to take antibiotics to clear it up. I had to park in an alley the second night due to no room in their lot. The manager said if one came open he would let me know. This was at 11PM!!! Looking at some of the other reviews, this is NOT worth any Rewards, closeness to Busch, or anything. The microwave worked only half the time. Lamps were broke. And for all this, the price was way too high. And they did not give maid service on the second day, just changed out the towels. Run, Run, Run.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lake City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was in a bad neighborhood. The room wasnt clean, there was hair in the tub.
the phone didnt't work. It wasnt a pleasant experience. the continental breakfast was a joke. There wasn't even any cereal. I expected more from Howard Johnson.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Kokomo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

We arrived to find the clerk had everything ready for our free night. He was very pleasant. The room was nice, but the bath was terrible. There was a 5 1/2 inch slit in the bottom of the tub which caused us not to use the shower in fear of causing damage to the floor under the tub. The WIFI (Internet) service was non existent and apparently could not be fixed. This did cause me great anxiety, for I had planned to set up the next month bill payments that evening. We were incommunicado for the next week due to going on a cruise. We did not participate in the breakfast due to the scarcity of it. The best thing I can say is my wife left a fleece jacket in the room and did not realize it until we were on our way to the dock. She called the hotel and told whomever answered her problem. The clerk said to check back when we returned and sure enough, a week later we stopped and the jacket was returned to us. We thank Local HoJo Management for that!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2015

You never know what kind of neighborhood you are staying in until you arrive. The area was very noisey, The hotel was located close to the street. cars driving by were reving their engines loudly late at night. the manager refused to change rooms when requested. the other guests across the hall were loud as well. We changed hotels the next day to the travellodge

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!