Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   720 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #127 of 159 hotels in Tampa

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
PLANT CITY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels and in Howard Johnson's thru the years with my family and have never had any problems with any of your hotels, however this one is definitely an exception. Our mini family vacation was not a pleasant one. We stayed in room 217. First the bathroom floor was slippery. My son almost fell, My mom has osteoporosis and has to be extremely careful on slippery floors, so she had to take her cane with her just to go to the bathroom, which she has never had to do. We are not complainers, so " No", we did not disturb the front desk. When we took our shoes off to go to the pool we found out the carpet was damp and sticky (gross), as I said we do not like complaining, so we went to the pool. We never got in the pool, as the pool had dirt in it and floating on it. I also have a 1 yr. old and didn't want him in a dirty pool. We just went back to the room & got dressed, and went to McDonald'sI After we ate my kids were going to take a bath but there was no drain plug. My 1 yr. old & 9 yr. old had to sponge bath. They only take baths. While it was still daylight, we get a call from front desk saying the man downstairs said we were too noisy & he can't sleep. It was daytime and the kids were only walking across the floor to the fridge & to get snacks. Kids do not sleep in the daytime (my opinion they should put families on the ground floor anyway). I had to put my kids to bed early just so we wouldn't take the chance of being put out, instead of them just moving the man downstairs, or offering us another room downstairs. I & my family are extremely dissatisfied with this hotel. We won't ever stay in a Howard Johnson hotel again, unless you make this good. If you want to give us two (2) free nights in a different Howard Johnson Hotel preferably by Sea World, as we chose this last one as we have annual passes for Busch Gardens/Sea World/Adventure Island. If you do this & make this good for a 2 night free stay , we will continue to stay at HoJo's when it is convenient to our area of stay. We would still need two (2) beds, fridge & micro, or if you have kids suites in a room that would be even better. May "GOD" Bless You, Dorothy Moore

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

LAKE WORTH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Good experience. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Wish they had a shuttle bus to Busch Gardens. Not sure that the great rate compensated for the cost of cabs and parking in the park. Next time I would pay more and stay at a hotel that had a shuttle bus

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I am very sorry for you if Hotwire booked this hotel for you through this Hot Rate whatever system. You just lost your money, don't even bother checking in, go find a good hotel.

I checked in at 10 pm, after spending the entire day at Busch Gardens, it was a very good experience to lose the money i paid for the hotel and find a hotel in a hurry.

And don't waste your time calling Hotwire for a refund.

I will never use Hotwire again and will tell as many people as i can to not use Hotwire.

Lesson learned, don't learn yours the hard way like i did.

Room Tip: Go find a good hotel, this one is already filled with roaches.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Lake Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

As soon as we walked into the hallway we were hit by heat and a moldy odor. No a/c in the hallway. The rooms were not alot better. When we turned on the light in the bathroom there were a few roaches that had not checked out yet. The room had someone's underwear left behind. There were roaches in the lobby breakfast area and no working ice machines on the premises. The only nice thing about it was the front desk staff. Don't know how they deal with all the complaints. A couple were made while we were standing there.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Upon entering at the check in spot, the front desk area was dank and smelly. I looked over to see where the so called breakfast spot was and it was a couple of rinky dink wooden tables that would not have fit even our family of 5 comfortably let alone if other travelers came in. With all that being said, I still tried to give it a chance figuring the rooms would be more up to par. The hotel hallways smelled of smoke and mildew. There was running water spots at different areas of the rug. Upon entering our room, I realized that we could not stay at this hotel. There were roaches running around on the desks, it was very disgusting. I requested a smoke free room but the whole hotel smells of smoke and mildew. This is not a hotel to bring your family to stay for even one night. After checking out the room I immediately called another hotel to make a reservation to stay and let the front desk manager know that we could not spend one night here, he did not ask me any questions about why I wanted leave or anything, he just proceeded to refund me my money as if he already knew what my issues were. This reminded me of one of those seedy hotels you see on tv that people go to for one night stands. I was very disappointed in this hotel because I've stayed at Howard Johnson hotels before and this hotel is not on its level in any way. I do not recommend this particular Howard Johnson Hotel at all!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!