“Hotel Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens

You added Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens
Ranked #131 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
LAKE WORTH
“Hotel Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Good experience. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Wish they had a shuttle bus to Busch Gardens. Not sure that the great rate compensated for the cost of cabs and parking in the park. Next time I would pay more and stay at a hotel that had a shuttle bus

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I am very sorry for you if Hotwire booked this hotel for you through this Hot Rate whatever system. You just lost your money, don't even bother checking in, go find a good hotel.

I checked in at 10 pm, after spending the entire day at Busch Gardens, it was a very good experience to lose the money i paid for the hotel and find a hotel in a hurry.

And don't waste your time calling Hotwire for a refund.

I will never use Hotwire again and will tell as many people as i can to not use Hotwire.

Lesson learned, don't learn yours the hard way like i did.

Room Tip: Go find a good hotel, this one is already filled with roaches.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Lake Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

As soon as we walked into the hallway we were hit by heat and a moldy odor. No a/c in the hallway. The rooms were not alot better. When we turned on the light in the bathroom there were a few roaches that had not checked out yet. The room had someone's underwear left behind. There were roaches in the lobby breakfast area and no working ice machines on the premises. The only nice thing about it was the front desk staff. Don't know how they deal with all the complaints. A couple were made while we were standing there.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Upon entering at the check in spot, the front desk area was dank and smelly. I looked over to see where the so called breakfast spot was and it was a couple of rinky dink wooden tables that would not have fit even our family of 5 comfortably let alone if other travelers came in. With all that being said, I still tried to give it a chance figuring the rooms would be more up to par. The hotel hallways smelled of smoke and mildew. There was running water spots at different areas of the rug. Upon entering our room, I realized that we could not stay at this hotel. There were roaches running around on the desks, it was very disgusting. I requested a smoke free room but the whole hotel smells of smoke and mildew. This is not a hotel to bring your family to stay for even one night. After checking out the room I immediately called another hotel to make a reservation to stay and let the front desk manager know that we could not spend one night here, he did not ask me any questions about why I wanted leave or anything, he just proceeded to refund me my money as if he already knew what my issues were. This reminded me of one of those seedy hotels you see on tv that people go to for one night stands. I was very disappointed in this hotel because I've stayed at Howard Johnson hotels before and this hotel is not on its level in any way. I do not recommend this particular Howard Johnson Hotel at all!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Great Neck, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

This is one of the nicer places I have stayed for such a low Priceline rate as I got. The room was large and comfortable with a huge bed, TV and microwave, and excellent bathroom amenities (nice soap, and conditioner!). The carpet was very old and needed replacing though. Pool area looked excellent--you could really do laps in that pool. The hallways seem kind of grungy and ugly though. Breakfast selection was horrible--no fruit or anything healthy. Check in staff (at 1:00 a.m.) was incredibly sweet and pleasant, really made me feel at home (Raven B. was the woman's name who checked me in) and they let me have a late checkout since I got in so late. Location of motel is good, convenient with 7-11 right across the street.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stayed there with my family because it was really close to Busch Gardens. The rooms were very dirty, the carpet could not have more stains and dirt. Same for the bed covers. The toilet in my room was falling off the wall. The bathtub was NOT white, more like brown. Honestly I find hard to believe someone EVER enjoyed themselves there. I was glad to leave and NEVER come back. It's worth driving to a further hotel. I'll never stay there again. I was the one that booked it and I apologized to everyone for making them go thru one night there. Really disgusting.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Spartanburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012 via mobile

Decent. Overall ok. Near Busch Gardens if your going thru.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!