“Not worth the money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport
Ranked #58 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Waskom
“Not worth the money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This place is just OK. The rooms would be good if you wouldn't have to move 3 or 4 rooms to find one that has everything that works in it. The first room they put me got all of my stuff in it went to eat and the door wouldn't open. So in about 15 min later we got the door open got my stuff and went to the next room the a/c didn't work and no remote for the tv. So we go to the third room it had everything but the room smell real bad so the clerk went got some spray and handed it to me and said here you go have a nice night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
hojosouthtampaairpor, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Howard Johnson during your last visit to our area.

We also appreciate your review and observations. We do apologize for all the inconveniences you had howsoever.

We have taken priority steps with all concerned departments to fix up all the points of observations mentioned in the review.

We have also taken all steps to ensure that our guests get the best services and hospitality during their stay.

We invite you once again to choose our hotel again and feel the new experience of hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Palm Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were in town for a big family birthday party just a couple of miles away, so the location was fantastic. But it was Gasparilla weekend and it was party in the hotel parking lot until way late, plus the room walls were thin so we couldn't fall asleep until after 2am. Breafast was adequate (my kids and husband had some), but I worked out in the gym first--3 machines that were new; one of each--elliptical, bike, and treadmill, so after working out and showering I wanted breakfast but had missed it because it closed at 9:00am. I think that is too early, especially on a weekend. Overall, I would stay for location to my family, but would keep my fingers crossed it wasn't always so noisy and that breakfast stayed open until maybe 10am

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I should have heeded the warnings that this hotel was not clean. It was close to downtown and I came for the Gasparilla Children's Parade & Busch Gardens. At first the decor made the room appear outdated. The oxblood accent wall, the maroon swirled yellowish bath fitter. However, I was not going to nit pick. The second night as I angled the tube tv towards the sofa, there was dust all underneath it. Yuk. I decided to allow housekeeping to come in and enjoyed a very long day at the park. Came back to a room that was untouched. It was 11:30 at night.
I expressed how disappointed I was to the manager during the 11am check out and she made excuses. The "do not disturb" might have fallen on the floor. "NO" I replied it was hanging on the inside of the door knob. Not very apologetic at all.
I gave this place 2 points for the very nice front desk personnel; Darryl when we checked in and Josette who was extremely apologetic our room not being cleaned.
My sister stayed at the Holiday Inn Express next to Busch Gardens for $10. more dollars and it was another world completely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hojosouthtampaairpor, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport for your recent stay in our area.

• Management received additional training in the courteous manner in which we treat our valued guests

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.
FLIPPIN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The coverlet was filthy and should havebeen laundered months ago. The shower/tub drain was clogged so that you had water up to your ankles during shower (pet peeve with me). And the fiberglas liner used to update the bath was beige with vauge red "brushstrokes" throughout - who picked THAT!? Looked like somebody dismembered a body in there and couldn't totally rid the bath of the evidence. Bagels andmuffinsbeyond stale. But the staff was great and worked with what they had. Very convient to FB stadium. About what I expected for the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport? Share your experiences!