Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3314 S Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33629   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #57 of 159 hotels in Tampa

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have been staying at this HoJo's a few days every year for the past 7 years. Each & every visit has been exceptional, with this most recent visit by far even better than the re rest. First I credit the manager, Daniel. As my departure date kept changing to "one more night" it was never a problem. Anytime I had a question or request, it was handled in moments, not hours.
This may seem insignificant to you, but not to me & my son. I asked if it were possible I could have a ground floor....no problem. Because I get up early & prefer to eat in my room, is it possible to get a room. lose to the breakfast room. I believe I was 2 rooms away...(just a small note...don't ever do away with the waffles ...they're my favorite)
Also, I believe Daniel deserves the credit for his staff (particularly. Jackie) from the front desk to housekeeping to maintenance...all exceptional.
I will continue to stay & recommend this HoJo's to anyone needing accommodations in Tampa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

HappyHojo_STampa, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Valued guest,

I am pleased to hear that your stay, current and past have been wonderful! Our goal is to make sure your stay is just as if you were at the comfort of your own home. We create a family enviroment and love to involve all our guest to be a part of it.

Seems like we have done just that with you!

Thank you so very much for your wonderful compliments, I will make sure to mention it to our staff, and I look forward to seeing you very soon!

Go Happy Go Hojo!

Jackie Cruz
Manager
Danville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and i came to tampa for our anniversary vacation and stayed at this hotel, We're from kentucky and stayed at this hotel 3 years ago.The staff was great,very helpful. Rooms very comfortable for exterior room entrance. The property was very well maintenced.
We would definitely come back to this hotel....

• Stayed October 2012
HappyHojo_STampa, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Valued guest,

Thank you for chosing our hotel once again! I'm happy to hear that after your last visit with us 3 years ago, you found our services pleasant enough to stay with us this year. Thank you for your kind comments, I will be sure to mention it to our staff.

Give us a call directly and we will be happy to book your stay! Jacuzzi Suite maybe? =)

Go Happy Go Hojo!

Respectfully,

Jackie Cruz
Manager
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Came to tampa for a wedding. Check in was a breeze. The manger on duty Jackie was very nice and answered all of our questions. The room was nice and clean, fresh lines, good water temp, Only recommendation is that steam clean the curtains and sofa chair.. Smelled kind of musty. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was the normal fare. Not bad at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport

Address: 3314 S Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33629
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#2 Best Value Hotel in Tampa
#45 Business Hotel in Tampa
#49 Family Hotel in Tampa
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport 2*
We are the newly renovated Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites Tampa. We are the closest hotel to Macdill Air Force Base and also within 5 miles of Tampa International Airport, Downtown, Cruise Terminal, St. Pete Times, Forum, and Raymond James Stadium. We fully renovated our hotel including a brand new bedding package in 2009. We welcome all guests to come see the new Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport Hotel Tampa
Howard Johnson Express Inn And Suites - South Tampa / Airport
Howard Johnson Tampa
Tampa Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.