“Can't complain, great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport

You added Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3314 S Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33629   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #66 of 159 Hotels in Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have been staying at this HoJo's a few days every year for the past 7 years. Each & every visit has been exceptional, with this most recent visit by far even better than the re rest. First I credit the manager, Daniel. As my departure date kept changing to "one more night" it was never a problem. Anytime I had a question or request, it was handled in moments, not hours.
This may seem insignificant to you, but not to me & my son. I asked if it were possible I could have a ground floor....no problem. Because I get up early & prefer to eat in my room, is it possible to get a room. lose to the breakfast room. I believe I was 2 rooms away...(just a small note...don't ever do away with the waffles ...they're my favorite)
Also, I believe Daniel deserves the credit for his staff (particularly. Jackie) from the front desk to housekeeping to maintenance...all exceptional.
I will continue to stay & recommend this HoJo's to anyone needing accommodations in Tampa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

HappyHojo_STampa, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Valued guest,

I am pleased to hear that your stay, current and past have been wonderful! Our goal is to make sure your stay is just as if you were at the comfort of your own home. We create a family enviroment and love to involve all our guest to be a part of it.

Seems like we have done just that with you!

Thank you so very much for your wonderful compliments, I will make sure to mention it to our staff, and I look forward to seeing you very soon!

Go Happy Go Hojo!

Jackie Cruz
Manager
Danville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and i came to tampa for our anniversary vacation and stayed at this hotel, We're from kentucky and stayed at this hotel 3 years ago.The staff was great,very helpful. Rooms very comfortable for exterior room entrance. The property was very well maintenced.
We would definitely come back to this hotel....

• Stayed October 2012
HappyHojo_STampa, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Valued guest,

Thank you for chosing our hotel once again! I'm happy to hear that after your last visit with us 3 years ago, you found our services pleasant enough to stay with us this year. Thank you for your kind comments, I will be sure to mention it to our staff.

Give us a call directly and we will be happy to book your stay! Jacuzzi Suite maybe? =)

Go Happy Go Hojo!

Respectfully,

Jackie Cruz
Manager
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Came to tampa for a wedding. Check in was a breeze. The manger on duty Jackie was very nice and answered all of our questions. The room was nice and clean, fresh lines, good water temp, Only recommendation is that steam clean the curtains and sofa chair.. Smelled kind of musty. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was the normal fare. Not bad at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stanley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Mom is 88 and has limited mobility. We were assigned a first floor room with queen sized beds- she had plenty of pillows to prop up with and support legs etc. Our room was Right beside the continental breakfast room. I could go over and bring Mama breakfast back. The fridge and microwave were SO useful. Plenty of drawer and hanger space. We didn't try the clothes iron. The hair dryer worked ok. The room was clean and tidy. We didn't use the laundry room but appreciated its availability if needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport? Share your experiences!