“Great Staff, Good stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport

You added Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3314 S Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33629   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #64 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
LIVE OAK
“Great Staff, Good stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We go to Tampa a couple of times a year. My wife likes the shopping. W e have tried numerous hotels in the area. Being on Social Security, we have to watch our pennies, while still staying in a nice hotel. This hotel is the best of the median hotels that we have stayed at over the years. The staff was polite and made us feel like they wanted us to enjoy our stay with them. The hotel was clean and neat, comfortable beds, nice pool and patio,convenient parking, well lit and well maintained grounds. I had only one problem that I didn't think about until after we had checked out and were on our way home. The exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work. Other than that, no problem, I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Tampa. We will be booking at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
MIAMI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed linen was very modern looking, it reminded me of an upscale hotel. The outer area was nice and clean as well. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The price was very reasonable and affordable. I've decided to stay here on all of my upcoming visits.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

MELBOURNE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

over the stay was pretty good, but me and my friend could not get any sleep at all because the beds are way too firm/hard...other places have much softer beds...other than that it was a good experiance

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

hojosouthtampaairpor, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the Bed in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the necessary repairs or change.

• We are glad that accept bed your overall Stay experience was good.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Odense, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very nice, clean and very BIG room (2x queenbed room), clean and nice area around the rooms and parkingspace, nice (but little) pool, good pricing incl. breakfast, fast internet and very freindly staff... Can only recommend it.. :)
/Jesper Holst, Denmark

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The front desk clerks and the manager were beyond accommodating. When we arrived they were excited to welcome us because we were the first family from NH to visit their particular location. They ensured that were aware of all the complimentary features that were offered which included free Wifi, heated outdoor pool, free continental breakfast, and cable channels.

For the amazing rate that we got for 2 Queen size beds, refrigerator, and microwave we were shocked at how comfortable and clean the rooms were. The beds had plush mattresses that were very comfortable and the sheets were extremely clean. The overall appearance of the room was one of a 5 star hotel.

The location of the hotel was perfect where we could easily access Busch Gardens, the beach, stores, and restaurants.

I would recommend this hotel to any family that is traveling with kids. The hotel is clean in a great part of town and overall just a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

After reading the reviews on this site, I decided to stay at this hotel while I took the FL Bar Exam. The night before the first exam day, my friends & I had to be moved to another room because we found a bed bug on one of the beds. Eric, from the office staff was nice & apologetic; he quickly moved us to another room. A few hours later, however, my friend, her young son & I woke up with bites all over our bodies. I went back to the main office at 5:30am to explain what was happening & Nicolette, the person who replaced Eric, was completely disinterested in our plight. Even though I was visibly shaken by the bites on my skin & by the fact that I had a major exam in a few hours, she was rude, unprofessional & unapologetic. She dryly told me that there was nothing she could do til her manager arrived at 7am (when I was scheduled to leave for the exam). I don't in anyway blame the office staff for the infestation however I was absolutely mortified by the experience & by the way I was treated. We were eventually moved to another Howard Johnson where we thankfully spent the rest of our trip bedbug-free.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hojosouthtampaairpor, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

• Eric was informed of the kind remark you made about his friendliness and received our commendation on the courteous, friendly manner in which he treated you, our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bedbugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and if it has not already been dealt with to see to their extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Prattville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was comfortable for the price. Very pleased with the service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites - South Tampa / Airport? Share your experiences!