“Cheap but shortcomings” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #111 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
A TripAdvisor Member
“Cheap but shortcomings”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Was able to score 2 nights for under $100 which is a steal, but overall there was a reason why. Initially shen I checked in the feont desk tried to move me feom queen to 2 doubles. Declined becauss I had my partner with me but wish I didnt. Walking in, the room was decently cleaned, non smoking. But almost everywhere I walked there was crraking like the floor was going to collapse and the bed was even worse. I never heard a squeakier bed in my life! Coming back after a day out my key didnt work...and I was only given one so I had to go to the front. Theywere accomodating.... That second night I moved the automon and found a cigarette butt - did I mention this room was non smoking? Overall, I think this room is not often used for the shortcomings listed but is a last result if no other queen size rooms are available.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Euclid
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Great location for single people on a budget. Their best available rate is to high for a Motel. Book through Expedia for a discounted rate.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Wesley Chapel, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Yogi is great and the property is well taken care of seeing it has been there for over 40 years.I would recommended to everyone I know who need a great place to stay pool a plus.rooms are decent sized and clean no bugs thank god can't say that for a lot of hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2014
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were going on a Cruise and needed a hotel for the day before and the day after the Cruise. We chose this hotel because of its low cost and just hoped it wouldn't be gross and run down. The rooms were great! Very clean and no foul smells that some low cost hotels can have. The staff was wonderful in accommodating my needs because I accidentally booked the wrong day (before my Cruise) and had booked through Orbitz. We came back well before check in time (after the Cruise) but they were able to get us two rooms early with a minimal wait. It isn't 4 stars like a typical 4 star hotel, but for the low cost they charge, the staff and rooms are excellent! The area isn't the greatest but it didn't bother us at all ( and no one bothered us either).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kissimmee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Oh my where to start our room was horrible,coffee maker filled with gunk,tv didnt work they took forever to replace,microwave dirty didnt work,plumbing leaked,and bugs there are alot of staff leave here and have been annoying,and not so savory characters bother and the manager here is rude.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium

Address: 2055 North Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, FL 33607
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #111 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium 2*
The Howard Johnson Hotel Tampa Airport/Stadium consistently provides the kind of comfort, service and hospitality you expect in a hotel for both vacation and business travelers. Free Scheduled shuttle to/from Tampa Int. Airport 5:15am-11pm, which runs every hour. Transportation also available to Port of Tampa, 10 Dollars Per Person each way. Free Continental Breakfast in Lobby 5:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Hotel Tampa
Howard Johnson Tampa
Tampa Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.