“Low Cost Excellent Staff/Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #111 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Bend, Oregon
“Low Cost Excellent Staff/Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were going on a Cruise and needed a hotel for the day before and the day after the Cruise. We chose this hotel because of its low cost and just hoped it wouldn't be gross and run down. The rooms were great! Very clean and no foul smells that some low cost hotels can have. The staff was wonderful in accommodating my needs because I accidentally booked the wrong day (before my Cruise) and had booked through Orbitz. We came back well before check in time (after the Cruise) but they were able to get us two rooms early with a minimal wait. It isn't 4 stars like a typical 4 star hotel, but for the low cost they charge, the staff and rooms are excellent! The area isn't the greatest but it didn't bother us at all ( and no one bothered us either).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kissimmee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Oh my where to start our room was horrible,coffee maker filled with gunk,tv didnt work they took forever to replace,microwave dirty didnt work,plumbing leaked,and bugs there are alot of staff leave here and have been annoying,and not so savory characters bother and the manager here is rude.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am never staying at the Howard Johnson in Tampa off dale maybary ever again. Get this.

My friends and I stayed here from 5/24-25/14 while attending a weekend festival

They loose my original two room reservation I made a month prior after going through 3 separate phone operators no one can see my reservation anywhere. So I make a new one. Today I see I have two separate charges for $101.25. guess what their for? The two I originally reserved that they magically lost, and couldn't find that I had made. Not only that upon arrival I'm charged an extra $50 for early check and an additional $30 for late check out all. This hotels customer service is terrible and for what I paid for the room (which I also would say is over priced) I would expect a little better customer service

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium

Address: 2055 North Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, FL 33607
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #111 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium 2*
The Howard Johnson Hotel Tampa Airport/Stadium consistently provides the kind of comfort, service and hospitality you expect in a hotel for both vacation and business travelers. Free Scheduled shuttle to/from Tampa Int. Airport 5:15am-11pm, which runs every hour. Transportation also available to Port of Tampa, 10 Dollars Per Person each way. Free Continental Breakfast in Lobby 5:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Hotel Tampa
Howard Johnson Tampa
Tampa Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.