“I left early” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #117 of 159 hotels in Tampa

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am never staying at the Howard Johnson in Tampa off dale maybary ever again. Get this.

My friends and I stayed here from 5/24-25/14 while attending a weekend festival

They loose my original two room reservation I made a month prior after going through 3 separate phone operators no one can see my reservation anywhere. So I make a new one. Today I see I have two separate charges for $101.25. guess what their for? The two I originally reserved that they magically lost, and couldn't find that I had made. Not only that upon arrival I'm charged an extra $50 for early check and an additional $30 for late check out all. This hotels customer service is terrible and for what I paid for the room (which I also would say is over priced) I would expect a little better customer service

• Stayed May 2014
north of Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed here overnight for an early morning flight from Tampa Airport. This hotel was conveniently located near the airport, maybe 10 minutes and an easy drive. Hotel itself is set up a little oddly and it's a little difficult to know exactly where to park to be close to your room. The room itself was fine. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet. Raymond James Stadium is really close, which I didn't know until we took a drive down the road. Also, Steinbrenner Stadium is very close to the hotel. Not much in the way of restaurants, but we did find an Appleby's not too awful far. All in all this is a fine place to stay for an overnighter. I would stay here again, and I probably will.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa

Address: 2055 North Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, FL 33607
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #117 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa 2*
The Howard Johnson Hotel Tampa Airport/Stadium consistently provides the kind of comfort, service and hospitality you expect in a hotel for both vacation and business travelers. Free Scheduled shuttle to/from Tampa Int. Airport 5:15am-11pm, which runs every hour. Transportation also available to Port of Tampa, 10 Dollars Per Person each way. Free Continental Breakfast in Lobby 5:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Hotel Tampa
Howard Johnson Tampa
Tampa Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.