“Short stay near airport” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #111 of 159 Hotels in Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tombstone, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We choose this because we missed our flight and the other top names were booked. Upon arrival we found this to be in an area of strip clubs, however it was quiet and Walmart and Best Buy were very close to the property so it felt safe.
The room a/c only worked for about 10 minutes, would have to turn it off then to fan for 10 minutes, then back to cold.
It was miserable trying to catch naps in between resetting the a/c all night.
The beds were to be queens, surprise they were doubles, so it was a challenge for 4 people to sleep 2 to a bed.
Next time, I would rather sleep in the airport terminal.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The room was nice. The front desk was straight forward. Please check out this Hotel in Tampa,fl. It is close to the Hard Rock Casino. Shopping Malls. Food Stores,etc,etc. I can not wait to go back. Family and friends should go there. They have a 5 STAR Rating from me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've stayed at this property so many times now they should give me a free night somewhere along the way which I mentioned to the front end staff on my last stay Well, now that I actually live in Florida(although not in Tampa) the property always meets my needs. The staff from top to bottom is always friendly and gracious. Of course, they may recognize you after awhile as a frequent visitor or you can always turn on the charm and talk up the front end staff and see where that gets you.
Pool is nice for just lounging and it's going to be getting real, real hot real real soon so the a/c has to be in tip-top shape and I've never had a problem with that either. Free Wi-Fi too. There is an excellent Thai restaurant that I always mention that is right next door and plenty of other dining options along Dale Mabry. Bummer that the Longhorn Steak restaurant moved from its location here over to Westshore across from the Penthouse Club. FYI. There is also a Ruth's Cris steak place and Olive Garden right there on Westshore as well.
And HoJo's is only a few miles from the airport and the International Plaza shopping mall. Take a right out of the hotel and your first left on Columbus and you'll be there in minutes. And if you want to get to Westshore, it's the third left on Columbus. It took dumb ol' me several times to figure out the easiest way to Westshore from the hotel. My sense of direction ain't real keen if ya know what I mean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My friends and I stayed at this hotel, as when I was searching hotels in the area the location seemed ideal and the cost was not bad. All in all, we had a good stay as we were out quite a bit as this was a fun getaway. The continental breakfast was not bad at all. I thought the selection was very good and the area was kept clean. The rooms are dated and do need some work. However; the only issue I had, was upon check-in. Anita was on duty and I asked a question to which I was basically shrugged off, as I should wait until she is done checking me in. All in all we had a good stay over the 7 nights period and may return for a quick budgeted getaway again....Location is ideal...close to many restaurants etc.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel was one of the worst I have stayed in. As soon as I got to my room it was dirty and the sheets on the bed had not been changed. there was dust all over the furniture. They moved me to another room were there was water leaking from the ceiling in the bathroom and the tub had hair and gunk under the bath mat. I explained it to the manager at check out and her reply was your (leaving any ways). I will never recommend this motel. My husband travels a lot in the military and I showed him pictures so he will not recommend or stay there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium? Share your experiences!