“Hotel stay before cruise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk

You added The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk to your Saves list
The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 W Fortune Street, 275N Ex-44 I-4/275S Ex-45A, Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown)   |
Affiliate website
Ranked #83 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pickerington, OH
“Hotel stay before cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Had a nice stay before departing on our cruise. Room was comfy & clean. Room was located on an upper floor & we had a very nice view of city. Breakfast was good, just wish it was included in booking. Best perk was the shuttle from hotel to our cruise ship. Made for a nice, quick departure when heading out. We also used the hotel shuttle for getting around town & the drivers were so nice & accommodating. Tampa was a lovely city & we had a lot of fun exploring the city via the trolley. The hotel pool was clean & refreshing. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Choosing an upper floor makes for a nice city view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Deltona, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I only stayed one night (thank God) because we found 6 roaches in our room! We told them about the roaches at check out and they told us we would be refunded but three months later, no refund. Will not ever stay here again, paid too much money for a nasty room.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
BHgeneralmanager, General Manager at The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for your response. I'm very sorry you had a poor experience and were not provided with the expected refund. Please contact me personally, and I will make good on this. Please call me at 813-223-1351 ext 3102, or email me at gm@barrymorehotel.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is pretty basic but worth it. Rooms are very comfortable and spacious. For the most part it's a super nice and comfy hotel. Not to mention that you're in the middle of the city so transportation with the shuttle or walking is easy. I enjoyed my stay very much with my boyfriend and I'd definitely return.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
BHgeneralmanager, General Manager at The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you very much for your time to review your stay at our hotel. The entire team appreciates your positive feedback and recommendation. We hope you'll come back and stay with us again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is big and has a nice little restaurant lounge that I enjoyed watching games with a beer. The food was great! The WiFi was AMAZING! Nice people, great service and the rate was good! The hotel was in a good location. It was easy to get around!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your positive review. The entire team appreciates the feedback as we rebuild here at The Barrymore. We are pleased you had a great stay and hope you'll come back when travel brings you to Tampa.
Donalds, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My daughter and i came down to Tampa for a cruise. This is our second time staying at the Barrymore. Love it will never stay anywhere else in Tampa. The room was so clean had no complain about this Hotel. The ladies at the front desk was so helpful they answer every question we had. I love their beds they are so soft. Love being at the riverwalk and being downtown. We walked and saw a lot of beautiful things. The next morning the shutter (I can remember the lady name) took us to the port and pull up to the front of the port. When we return back my daughter called the hotel and they was there in about 10 mintues and picked us up at the front again. The lady her name was Vol she was so nice and give us a history lesson of the city really like that. I can talk about this hotel all day. I have got my niece to book there before i got checked in. It is really a very nice place to stay with a good price.

Room Tip: if you want a quick room and feel safe this is the place. The site is prefect you can see almost the...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your time and kind comments regarding your recent stay. All of us here at the Barrymore a!re grateful for your input, and we hope you will come back the next time you visit Tampa. Thanks for being our guest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a lovely plan conjured to bring my grandmother from England, my mother, my mother in law and my aunt and cousin to the Beauty and the Beast show today at the straz at 2:00pm. We arrived in the Barrymore parking lot at 12:19 chatted in the lobby and shortly secured a table in the dinning area by12:30. It took ten minutes before I got up and asked if we could get drinks and if she wouldn't mind bringing the menus. She came over without menus but took our drink order. Then brings our drinks and my sprite was off and she said she would get me a new one. Still no menus still no sprite it is almost 1:00 now and when the menus came we quickly chose what we thought would be the quickest orders 4 cups of soup, one salad and two wraps. We originally were going to order full meals but for the sake of time thought it best not to. which was rather upsetting being that this was our Mother's Day lunch. Well at 1:37 when our order had still not been delivered and the servers were no where to be found we left money on the table for our drinks which we pathetically over estimated the cost and walked to our two and a half hour show with empty bellies. What was even more sad today was that there was another family of 5 sat beside us with similar orders that also had to abandon their order. I have never been more embarrassed in my life to have planned a lunch where all of my guests all of which traveled from out of town didn't have a single item of food unless you count the jelly beans we bought at the theater because by the time we got there it was the only food concession left. I am even more disappointed that this used to be where I would meet friends for a drink or two before shows at the straz and I will NEVER offer this as a meeting location.

Stayed May 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our restaurant. I'm personally very sorry you had such a poor experience. And I"m embarrassed as well. All I can and will do, is regroup with our new leadership team in our food and beverage outlets, share your feedback from last week, and come to an understanding as to how we can improve going forward. Thanks again for your candor.
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a pleasant stay dont normally do reviews but would like to say thank you eva for being one of the most pleasant persons ive met definatelty a people person ill look for you next year when i return for tennis thanks barrymore for having such great employees will come again

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your time and positive comments. The entire team appreciates your feedback. I'd also like to thank you for personally recognizing Eva. She is a very valuable team member who really helps raise our service level. Please come back and stay with us again.

Been to The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk? Share your experiences!