“Stay review” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk

You added The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk to your Saves list
The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 W Fortune Street, 275N Ex-44 I-4/275S Ex-45A, Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown)   |
Ranked #83 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Hi my name is Jessica Morales i was coming to Florida for vacation and to visit my grandmother who is very ill. I heard great stories about the Howard Johnson in downtown Tampa so I booked my reservation. When arriving at the hotel I was greeted by the manager her name was
Eneida Rosado any questions or concerns I had she was there to help me out I was very impressed with how clean and neat the room was and the amenities etc. All the staff was very friendly and easy to talk to unlike a lot of the hotels I've been in the past. Me and my son LOVED the pool. I would like to say a special thank you to the manager Eneida Rosado for helping me out on good idea on things to do with my son and for being such a nice person hotels need more managers like you in their hotel. I look forward to staying with your hotel again When visiting in Tampa. Thank you Howard Johnson Downtown Tampa for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
FoleyT, Manager at The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for the kind words shared regarding Eneida our Guest Service Manager at the Howard Johnson Plaza Downtown-Tampa. We all strive to provide the best service, amenities and accommodations to all our guests and cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We look forward to your return to the Tampa area.

Tracy Foley
Assistant General Manager
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed here for a 10 week mission trip type deal over the summer and they were excellent with their service to us. Anytime we needed something like another set of room keys they provided it to us with quick ease. All the staff is friendly and easy to talk to unlike a lot of the hotels I've been in the past. You have excellent scenery all around the hotel especially by the swimming pool. Not to mention we are right off the highway downtown which is awesome.

• Stayed June 2014
FoleyT, Manager at The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing on trip advisor your extended stay with the Howard Johnson Plaza Downtown-Tampa. We have all enjoyed having your group stay with us for the ten weeks. We look forward to having all of you back again in the near future as I am sure you all will be missed.

Tracy Foley
Assistant General Manager

Been to The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk

Address: 111 W Fortune Street, 275N Ex-44 I-4/275S Ex-45A, Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#14 Green Hotel in Tampa
Hotel Class:3 star — The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk 3*
The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk is located adjacent to the David A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts and the beautiful Hillsborough River. The hotel is approximately 1 mile from the Tampa Convention Center, Tampa Bay Historic Center, Tampa Bay Times Forum, Channelside Dining and Entertainment Complex, and the Port of Tampa Cruise Terminals. The Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown offers a complimentary on-demand shuttle service from 7am until 10pm, 7 days a week. Popular Attractions include Channelside Dining and Entertainment Complex, The Florida Aquarium, and Historic Ybor City. Hotel Amenities Include:- All Non-Smoking Rooms- Onsite Restaurant, WaterWorks Bar & Grill, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.- Free Wireless High Speed Internet Access- Free Local Calls- Business Center- Outdoor Swimming Pool- Onsite Fitness Center- Complimentary Shuttle Service within 2 miles - Tampa International Airport is only six miles from the Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown Hotel Tampa
Tampa Howard Johnson
Howard Johnson Tampa

If you own or manage The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.