“Great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown

Expedia.com Hotels.com
Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 W Fortune Street, 275N Ex-44 I-4/275S Ex-45A, Tampa, FL 33602   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #88 of 158 hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa, Florida
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The restaurant/ bar and food quality was excellent. The customer service by Jackie was very friendly and professional. Will definitely come back and will recommend to my friends and relatives. The food prices are excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had problems with my TV and Ron (one of the tech staff) was sent immediately up to my room and, even though it was troublesome, fixed it right away! The staff is really good and I hope they keep up the good work!

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Lecanto, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My son was having Surgery at Tampa general hospital and I didn't want to drive all the way home then come back so I checked with Tampa general about any Hotel rates around them and was told the rate for Howard Johnson's was $52.00 a night and they had a Shuttle to get me back and forth from the hotel to the Hospital so I called and made the reservation and was told the amount would be $58.00 with tax so I said ok no problem . So I get to Tampa general at 4:00am Friday October 25th for my son's Surgery . And by 4:00pm I was exhausted so I called Howard Johnson's Shuttle to come pick me up so I sat and waited and waited and waited finally an hour and 45 minutes later the Shuttle showed up and took me to the less then nice hotel but I was sooo tired at this time I just wanted to lay down . But holy crap the bed was hard as a rock the pillows where extra firm so no need to say I didn't sleep very well . So at 6:00am Saturday October 26th I checked out and to my surprise the price they charged me was $72.80 what the hell so I called the main office and spoke to them and they had their manager of the Hotel call me . So Tina the hotel manager called me last evening and said you were charged the correct price I told her what I was told about the Hospital Rate and she said sorry but that's your bill that's what you'll pay. . I have stayed at several Howard Johnson and never been lied to and if there was a miss informed price they made it right . Worse Place ever

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here in May earlier this year. Great location downtown Tampa that offers multiple amenities including shuttle services to downtown hot spots. Furnishings were outdated, but clean. We did not have to wait extended times for elevators like some other reviewers mentioned during their renovation period. We also did not have any problems with the college student population. All in all a pleasant stay at a good rate and would stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown? Share your experiences!