Myself and 2 of my girlfriends stayed here for a weekend, as we had 2 concerts to see and a hockey game to attend. We wanted to be fairly close to the venue, so we decided to stay here. We booked through Hotwire and got great rates (around 65/night if I remember correctly?). When we arrived, they placed us in a run-down room and the telephone did not work. However, they immediately fixed our problem when we revisited the front desk. They promptly gave us another room that was fabulous. The view is not great because it is a downtown area, and mainly just buildings - but we had a mini fridge, a microwave, 2 beds - it was everything we needed! The main thing that I loved about this hotel was the staff. They were so kind to us - were very informative. Another huge plus is the shuttle service every 15 or 20 minutes. It brought us to each concert and the hockey game and also picked us up if it was not too late. We also ate in the restaurant and it was pretty good if you don't have time to go out anywhere.
Also not far from shopping, etc. Parking is $8/day if I remember, however. But never any problems ... Nice big parking lot.
People complain that it is also a place for college students, but we did not notice anything out of the ordinary except for a few students using the elevator every now and then. Actually made me feel safer due to the amount of pedestrian traffic - even late at night. Also nice is that the security guards are very friendly.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown Hotel
- Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa Downtown
- Tampa Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown is located adjacent to the David A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts and the beautiful Hillsborough River. The hotel is approximately 1 mile from the Tampa Convention Center, Tampa Bay Historic Center, Tampa Bay Times Forum, Channelside Dining and Entertainment Complex, and the Port of Tampa Cruise Terminals. The Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown offers a complimentary on-demand shuttle service from 7am until 10pm, 7 days a week. Popular Attractions include Channelside Dining and Entertainment Complex, The Florida Aquarium, and Historic Ybor City. Hotel Amenities Include:- All Non-Smoking Rooms- Onsite Restaurant, WaterWorks Bar & Grill, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.- Free Wireless High Speed Internet Access- Free Local Calls- Business Center- Outdoor Swimming Pool- Onsite Fitness Center- Complimentary Gym Access at Lifestyle Family Fitness- Complimentary Shuttle Service within 2 milesTampa International Airport is only six miles from the Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.