3 1/2 Stars - Stayed at this downtown hotel for a couple of days for work. I was in budget so got a good deal from Hotwire ($58 per night) but you have to factor in the $8 per night parking (with in/out privileges). I hear that this is normal if you stay in Downtown Tampa.
Here are the goods:
1) It's next to Straz Center and walking distance to Tampa University.
2) Free shuttle to Ybor strip and other points of interest. (every 15-30 min)
3) Free PC stations in lobby while waiting for shuttle.
4) Cool bar lounge & restaurant in the lobby.
5) Check in was super fast through friendly agents.
6) Free strong Wifi (good for business travelers)
7) My room had a nice river view (stayed on the 11th floor)
8) Room has standard blow dryer, iron, TV, desk plus fridge and microwave.
9) Laundry facilities and gym on 2nd floor (if you plan to use it)
10) Walking distance to Taps Tampa (Tabas Bar & Beer) http://www.tapswineandbeer.com/
Be aware that this hotel is also used as a dorm by Tampa students but they were all friendly and quiet at night. I actually felt safe coming home at night cause of the student traffic.
The Not So Good:
1) The hotel lobby is renovated. Hallway & room are pretty beat up and dated but overall clean.
2) Only 1 elevator was working during my stay cause the other 2 were being renovated. You can take the stairwell down but you cannot take it going up cause the doors were locked?
3) My room had a musty smell. (I think my room has been vacant for a while). But after housekeeping cleaned on the 2nd day, everything smelled fresh!
I heard they will continue sprucing up the hotel so I would like to see it when it's all done. This is family and student friendly hotel. I actually met some pretty cool students and had a great time hanging at the hotel lobby bar. Being next to Straz is a plus if you are planning to see an event!
You have no recent hotel searches.