“Great staff, okay rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4817 West Laurel Street, Tampa, FL 33607   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #53 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Panama City
“Great staff, okay rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

First of all let me say that I concur with the other reviews on here that this hotel has some of the best and most friendly staff members I've ever been around. They're always saying hello and the Australian lady at breakfast in the morning was extremely sweet to my young children and my wife and helpful in getting us squared away.

The location of the hotel is right between the Westshore and International Mall and very close to most anything you need. Breakfast in the morning was pretty good and I even opened up extra seating in the meeting room when it got crowded.

I only really has two complaints and they aren't major: the first is that there was always a funky musty smell in the hallway going to the lobby on the first floor. And the second was that we actually had to wear flip flops around our room because the floor was very sticky for some reason. I put my shoes on and my feet stuck to the bottom of the soles.

However I could not get over the friendliness of the staff and everyone, even the shuttle drivers were very nice and welcoming.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope the next time you are in Tampa, you will choose our Hotel.

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed here for a week. The staff was almost like family when we left.

The breakfast selection was wonderful and we enjoyed eating and chatting with the staff.

My only complaint is that when we left my husband and I were covered in bedbug bites all over our legs.

We really enjoyed our stay except for the bedbugs.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us!

I am a little alarmed to hear about bedbugs. I can assure this will be something I will personally check into, although, we haven't had any complaints of bedbugs.

Otherwise, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope the next time you are in Tampa, you will choose our Hotel.

Atlanta, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Very happy and friendly staff... Never been to a property where everyone says good morning can we help you with anything. I got picked up from the airport in a quick turn around time. Was offered to be taken to get something to eat if I was hungry which I was so worked out great.. I enjoyed my stay and definately will be back again ...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Homewood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed for only one night and the driver and night auditor made me feel so welcome. I got picked up from the airport by the nicest man. He was kind considerate and really made the passengers feel welcome.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My name is Alan Crellin. I'm a regular at this fine newly renovated Hampton Inn. Paul the GM, his AVP Matthew and their very attentive staff are all so extremely friendly and helpful. They have created a first class service hotel that makes business travel a whole lot easier and more pleasurable. Thank you all guys especially Jenn!

• Stayed April 2014

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The hotel has good rooms and is in a quiet neighborhood. Good access to a number of restaurants. Staff is very helpful and is five minutes from the airport. Rooms are a little dated but overall a very good experience

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us!

Port Orange , Fl., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were not there that long to really say ! But the night we did stay was very nice ! The grounds were very nice out side and pool felt good ! Breakfast was very good ! We have stayed there before ! :) Were is my Discount !!! ( Next time ! RrrrrIGHT :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us!

Thank you for the 5 star rating! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope the next time that you are in Tampa, you'll stay with us again!

Paul Perez

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore? Share your experiences!