“My family and I always enjoy staying at a Hampton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4817 West Laurel Street, Tampa, FL 33607   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #52 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Brantford
“My family and I always enjoy staying at a Hampton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Right from the check in this was a great time.The lady at the desk was knowlegeable and very friendly.We even had a good laugh when she mistakenly went to hand me the phone when she thought I was someone else. They let me use there computer and printer to find and print hockey tickets. The only drawback was the oudoor pool.Too cold to use and full of leaves and stuff. Good breaky,clean and comfortable room. Good price and fast shuttle service from airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Tampa Airport Westshore! We know that there are many choices out there when looking for accommodations in our area and we appreciate you staying with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Tampa/Westshore area and at the Hampton Inn Tampa Airport Westshore!

paul.perez4@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

If you need a place to stay when you are in Tampa, you will not be disappointed in this hotel. Everyone makes you feel comfortable and is extra friendly and accommodating. I travel often and my expectations are high. I was just in Tampa for work, at one of their busiest times; all hotels in the are are full. I arrived on a Sunday and was given a room that I was not happy with. Special kudos go to Paul Perez, general manager. He did not give up and searched his computer, did a little magic and found me a wonderful room for my week's stay. I must say Paul is the hardest working manager of any hotel I've been to. The owner of this Hampton is lucky to have him. Thank you Paul for a great experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words as it means a lot to me! I am always here to accommodate or Guest and make them feel at home.
We are looking forward to the next time you are in the Tampa/Westshore area and welcoming you back to our Hotel.

Thank you!

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Unlike some of the other reviewers, we were very impressed with the hotel from the moment we arrived (9.00 am from a cruise) with a welcoming greeting from Jennifer who stored our bags until a room was ready. When we arrived a really excellent free breakfast buffet was available and most welcome as we missed our breakfast earlier. The room was quiet and well laid out, the bathroom clean and well supplied. Of special value was the free shuttle to/from the airport (on the half hour 24 hours a day) / ship terminal / local malls and local Walmart. The staff was very attentive to our needs and we would most certainly return there when we next visit Tampa. We were also able to weigh our bags before leaving for the airport which is very reassuring to avoid surprise "overweight" charges.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Tampa Airport Westshore! We really appreciate the positive feedback on our Hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit to the Tampa/Westshore area and welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Tampa Airport!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is all around horrible.

The room we booked was unavailable, so the stay didn't start off well. The rooms are small, there was some indication that this room had a leak previously and no one bothered to fix the wall. The ceiling in the bathroom was disgusting, it had several brown marks, it clearly needs to be painted..!!!

The pool was very dirty and had a film of something on the top of it. When we came back later that evening you could really see how disgusting the pool area was and the film in the pool. I'm glad none of us used it..!!!

The manager is also uncaring and not very nice at all, he is just looking to make the hotel $$$$$. He doesn't care if you have an issue or not, he is bottom line driven.

Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
First and foremost, I would like to thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback in our Hotel. I do want to apologize for the condition of the room. I will be reviewing this with our Maintainance Staff to find out what was wrong and why the room was in the condition it was. We value our guest and believe they derserve the best when staying with us!

As far as the pool, it is cleaned every morning and evening. I am not quite sure what could have caused the film. I will look into the probable causes, whether it is due to the high pollen count we have had in our area or other causes.

Again, I do want to thank you for staying with us and would be delighted if you would give us another try.

Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I disliked practically everything about this hotel while I was there. The only positive thing I could say is that the breakfast lady was friendly and warm. The breakfast however was terrible compared to other Hampton level hotels in the area.

I ended up checking out 10 days into a 3 week trip and moving over to the Residence Inn.

The rooms were smallish compared to other Hamptons, including the one I stayed out in downtown Chicago.

There are plenty of other options in the area to try before this one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay. We want our breakfast items to be something you set your alarm to. This is definitely something we will be reviewing with our team. We will pass the kind words onto Maria, our breakfast attendant. She is a wonderful asset to our Team.
We'd love to hear about any other suggestions you have that would make us your number one hotel choice. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience so I can discuss your feedback in greater detail.

Buffalo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

my husband and i stayed at this hotel for one night prior to a cruise. because we did not get the park and ride cruise package, we were not allowed to ride the hotel transportation unless we paid an extra $20 pp. instead, we used the city buses and paid $2.00 each. i was disappointed because the hotel pool was unheated and unusable when we stayed in february, 2013. the exercise room was small with little equipment, but did look clean. we walked to the shore from the hotel and ran along the water's edge. the hotel had a very nice breakfast buffet with plenty of fruit, coffee, breads, waffles, eggs, and cereal. this is at the lower end of the hampton hotels as far as rooms and amenities are concerned but was clean and safe.

Room Tip: this hotel is ok and all rooms appear to be adequate. it does not bill itself as a luxury hotel nor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay!
We are always looking for ways to improve our service for our most valued guest. We are currently in the works for updating our fitness center to the new "jump start" fitness by Hampton. We are also looking to install a heater for swimming pool in the next year or so.
We can't wait for you to come back and stay with us after we have made these few modifications. We know you will be impressed.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was lucky enough to have a higher floor (I did ask for highest but not available) and got a sunset view this trip as a bonus (west side, I will ask again for this.) My room was very quiet, it's a good location for less traffic noise than a lot of hotels in the area, especially if sitting outside at the pool. I have been in a lot of hotels/motels where the guests are noisy/messy, this was not the case here at all, so very pleased, aside from a bit of door banging which happens everywhere...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our Hotel! We are all about guest satisfaction.

We are looking forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!

paul.perez4@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore? Share your experiences!