“Great location......large rooms with incredible breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

Tampa Bay City Pass
Ranked #13 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
maine
“Great location......large rooms with incredible breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

Very close to themepark. In a great location...felt safe. Room was great but it was smoking. I called to get non smoking and they were completely booked. I hated it but I suppose it wasn't their fault. Gift shop there with all your travel "forgetful" needs. Breakfast is A+++ Don't miss it! Except for one of the chef's who prepares the omlets was eating sausage with her gloves on but oh well!
Would stay there again for sure! Free parking and plenty of parking. Bummer that internet is NOT free.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

The location of this hotel worked for us because my husband had to be at USF for one day. The size of the room was good. I appreciated having the separate living room area since my husband gets up much earlier than I do. The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean when we arrived. The cleaning staff never did clean our room on our second day there. The hotel had been full the night before and I was in and out of the room a few times. When I go back to a hotel room I put the do not disturb sign on the door while I am in the room. I just figured with me being in the room and them being full the night before they got too busy. On the third day we went out from 10a-4p. When we got back to the room the door was open. At first I freaked out but when we checked - nothing was missing. I called the front desk. They apologized and said they would speak with house keeping. A short time later the manager called to apologize again and say house keeping was going to come back for a final check but somehow forgot which was why the door was open. I didn't really buy that but since nothing was missing from the room I let it go.

The other thing I didn't like about this hotel is that you had to pay to use the internet in your room. Come on!! Why do hotels do this? They can offer free breakfast but make me pay to use the internet.

If you had something to do at USF this place is okay but there are other options in the neighborhood.

I didn't like the breakfast they served I had waffles one day and pancakes another. They were hard and cold. This was a buffet which I never really expect much. I should have tried the made to order eggs.

I

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dubbo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

we enjoyed the included full breakfast & manager evening drinks.. a first for us & the free shuttle to Busch gardens saved us heaps

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

This hotel is on the southwest corner of the USF campus. The grounds are nicely landscaped and the building is very presentable. The atrium lobby presents the usual soaring roof, terraced floors, water features, and friendly staff.

I had an executive suite on the top floor. I wanted the large table to spread out my work materials while my wife attended her conference located in one of the hotel meeting rooms. Very roomy with views about as good as you are going to get in North Tampa on a busy road.

The room was clean and roomy. The bed was very comfortable. One very nice feature is the bedroom window that opens about 6 inches. The weather was nice enough to let in fresh air at night and during the day when I was working at that large table.

The furniture was older but in good shape. The TV was a large analog set but the hotel offers many channels beyond the usual 4 ESPN and 3 FOX channels found in chain hotels.

The free happy hour in the evening and breakfast in the morning was more than adequate. The breakfast options include cooked-to-order dishes should you wish one and is done efficiently.

The cleaning staff, who I saw because I was working in the room, was very efficient and friendly. I saw their work in progress.

The hotel adjoins a busy road suffering from decades of strip development. The downside is that it is a supremely unattractive road and the upside is that there are many chain restaurants nearby along with a mall, all within 5 minutes driving time or so.

If you are inclined Ybor City with lots of wonderful restaurants, clubs and bars (even an Irish pub) is only 15 minutes away and easy to get to.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

When you walk into the Embassy Suites Hotel you see the beautiful scenery of the water falls and the artificial plants. But you couldn’t tell that they were fake. Also off of the lobby there is a business office where you can get internet access. Another attraction off the lobby is a little gift shop, with gum and snacks for the plane, magazines, post cards, stuffed animals, pencils, snow globes, and beverages. When you’re at the front desk the employees working there are very nice. I can see why they call it southern hospitality. When you get your room key you can go up to the floor you’re on in the glass elevators. When you get to your room you walk in to a nice living area with a pull out couch fit for two, a dining table, and a little wet bar. (mini fridge, microwave, sink and counter space). To the left of the wet bar there is a bathroom consisting of a shower, toilet, sink with counter space, clothes hanger and a towel rack. Then you walk into the bedroom with a queen-sized bed, closet, and a television. There is also a big window. Other accommodations in the hotel are a pool with beach chairs, tables, and a whirlpool. There is also a game room and an exercise room with tv’s on the machines. And now everybody's favorite- the food! The breakfast is wonderful-so many choices including everyday omelet bar, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, cinnamon buns, pancakes, and fruit. For lunch or dinner you can go to the hotel’s restaurant for a fee and every night from 4:00-7:00 there is a manager’s reception with free snacks and beverages. I had five shirley temples for dinner and didn’t get kicked out. The only fee that you get charged for is if you choose to eat at the restaurant in the hotel. But it’s not very expensive.

My opinion about the Embassy Suites is that it is a nice place to stay for business and/or vacation. Some low points were the interior design because it was out dated and the second time I stayed there it wasn’t as clean as the first visit. The rooms were clean but some of the common areas were not so clean. For example, there were dirty dishes in the elevator and the garbage was overflowing in the trash cans in the hallways. Some of the high points were the location because it is located right next to Busch Gardens, Adventure Island Water Park, USF Sun Dome and the University Mall. There were also free shuttles to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island so you didn’t have to pay to park. Some other high points were the food, so many choices, the staff, so nice, and the lobby which felt like a rain forest. The rooms were fabulous because looking out of the window you could see the sun dome and one of the rides at Adventure Island. Amenities, such as the pool, whirl pool, game room and exercise room, were also a nice touch because you were never bored. Another high point was the accessibility to the Tampa Airport, because it only took about 30 minutes to get there and it was straight off the highway.

I would give this hotel a 8 out of 10 because of the great service, the location, and the amazing food. I couldn’t give it the full 10 because of the out dated rooms and the lack of cleanliness on the second visit. I would compare this hotel to a Homewood suites because of the room space. They both have mini kitchens and two separate rooms with a pull out couch. If you like the Homewood suites you would love the Embassy. I would recommend this hotel to a family with children 10 and older because if you’re younger there isn’t really anything for you to do. (ex. no playground or nursery). The overall rate for one person staying in a two suite room with a king size bed and a pull out couch is about $150.00 a night.

This is a very good hotel to stay in if you’re on vacation or on a business trip. It is good for any occasion.
Maeve
10/13/10

• Stayed April 2010
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

We like to stay in Embassy Suites for the extra room and nice breakfast. This Embassy Suites is not one of their better ones. The rooms are in need of an update and had a musty smell. We tried the restaurant and the food was poor and service was extremely slow. I tried the business center and one of the two computers wasn't working.
We took the shuttle to Busch Gardens. The driver stayed in his seat while we unloaded 2 strollers and 2 young kids.
There is a nice Wingate By Wyndham across the street that also offers a free shuttle to Busch Gardens. It was updated last year, we recommend staying there for Busch Gardens and USF.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
naples, florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I am a Silver Member (frequent customer), so I was SHOCKED when I attempted to modify my reservations 10 days in advance of my intended stay, and was told that this was IMPOSSIBLE because the hotel was sold out. This policy was not explained when I called the reservation line and booked my stay, but was (supposedly) in fine print in the e-mail confirmation of my booking. In spite of the fact that I was unable to arrive for the first night of my three night stay, I had to pay for that night, because I was not allowed to cancel that night, and book (rebook) the remaining two nights. I have never heard of this policy at any hotel I have ever patronized - especially for a frequent visitor on government business! So - BEWARE of this policy when booking advance reservations!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!