“Surprisingly good convention Venue” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Falcon's Fury Package
Ranked #14 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Davenport, Florida, United States
“Surprisingly good convention Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was recently a guest for a My Little Pony convention this past weekend and I must say that the hotel and its staff were wonderful. Our convention was one based around kindness and charity as 90% of all the proceeds went towards the Children's Miracle Network but there was one staff member who was a prime example of kindness charity and wonderful service. His name was Ryan and while he was new, his guest service was as good as a seasoned professional hospitality specialist. He was kind and greeted me with a smile but far more than that, despite being new he went above and beyond to help me with getting laundry completed even giving me the detergent at no charge. He also was there to help me with setting up some of my things for the convention with convention staff, something he did not have to do and he was a wonderful conversationalist! I highly suggest going to this hotel not only because of wonderful staff like Ryan but also because of the beautiful forest-like view inside, beautiful lobby and elevator and being so close to Busch Gardens!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room close to the elevators or stairs!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear BruceC,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Ryan and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Scott Selvaggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would like to thank the banquet staff for all the help and the grand brony gala, They helped me by getting me what I still needed for the pie eating contest. Their service were outstanding with smiling faces and being vary helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear bdancer13,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them. Thank you for the comments about our banquet staff!

Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I absolutely loved returning to the Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa - USF! We've held our summer meeting at USF there for the last two years and have not been disappointed. Their suites are perfectly suited for our students and their off-campus catering menu is excellent!

Jennifer Cancho, our Sales Manager, always makes everything perfect! She was great to work with again, ensuring that all of our needs were met. I certainly hope to be back again next year!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Charles J,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 4 star review!

We are proud of Jennifer and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Elba was on the ball, great cook in knowing when I walked up, Elba knew what I was having, to go scramble eggs and ham with a big smile. Thank you for a job well done. Keep up the excellent performance. Just feed back on comments I saw on the site when I sign on. In comment to their services they were excellent in regard to my military stay. I saw no sign of anyone having to paid to park in their parking lot. Also in opening your curtains it's what you make of it. If you are a happy person you will find something nice. Debbie J

Room Tip: Just come perpare to enjoy, enjoy enjoy
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Debbie J,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Elba and our entire team and I will share your comments with them to.

Hillsborough, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room was fine and spacious - Personally rooms that have windows that face hallways are not my thing. But as an Embassy Suite property you do have room - nice sitting space - if you don't mind either having to keep the curtains closed or have random strangers walk by and be able to look in - fortunately the bedroom was in the back. One of the great things about the Embassy brand is the breakfasts - well this was inedible. Truly. I had a banana every day. Many families stay here for the proximity to Busch Gardens and the University (I was attending a conference at USF). So for that reason it might be ok. However this location in Tampa has zero restaurants beyond pizza and such - do not expect to be able to dine any where close by. On the plus side - the staff was charming, helpful and super nice - no issues on that front at all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear remembertoenjoy,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a review.

I will share your comments with my team so we may continue to improve.

South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I used my Hilton points no problem , spent a great nite with family good happy hour ,good breakfast ,very clean embassy only problem was parking $5.00,no signs in parking lot around hotel, no gate to control in and out non-hotel cars also back and side lot very dark lites were out..every thing very pool etc.will return

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear diedricka,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them to, the good and the not so good.

I am thrilled you enjoyed our free services!

Titusville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The employees at this hotel are the best I've ever seen. From a simple smile to the most important need, they are just awesome. I can't say enough about the food service employees. If you ever go, be sure you get Pennette. You will have the best dinning experience in your life. She is a truly wonderful person, which I'm sure makes her the best server. I could go on and on about her. It's not often that you find someone like this wonderful lady, and I thank her for everything. She is definitely a heart warmer. The breakfast served in the mornings is also another great experience. The gentleman that oversees the area is the most helpful and kind man. These people sure know how to make the experience of being away from home the best it can be. I have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed, and I will continue to make this my home in Tampa. Steve Amatrading, Banquet Manager, whom I just met today, is another example of the class of wonderful people employed here. He was such a happy, helpful person. Embassy sure knows how to pick the cream of the crop. I sure hope these great people are recognized for the exceptional service they give, they are special to my family. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chris541412,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 4 star review!

We are proud of Pennette, Steve, and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Scott Selvaggi

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!