“Great Meeting Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Great Meeting Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We held an all day meeting at Embassy Suites. Jennifer Cancho, our sales manager, was very accommodating. She made sure that all our needs were met. We had some technical difficulties with our computers, which were from our end but Jennifer was there to try to help.
We also had a delicious lunch at Mangroves Grille. The staff at this hotel is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Jennifer and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

We hope you choose us again when meeting in Tampa Bay.

Scott Selvaggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Ermy in Reservation Desk is always very helpful with everything. Also Steven who drives the shuttle to Moffit is great with being helpful, nice and kind. We really appreciate this feature of the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Ermy and Steven and I will share your comments with them.

Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I contacted Embassy Suites with regards to their banquet room rentals that I needed for the following day. I was amazed at how quickly they got everything together. Sara Meadows was extremely helpful in organizing our last minute scheduled seminar. From the position of the room set up to the breakfast and lunch menus, Sara did a wonderful job. It was so easy and my boss was very pleased. Thank you Sara Meadows and Embassy Suites.

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Sara I will share your comments with her.

naples
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have stayed at this Embassy Suites several times and will continue to frequent it. The staff is very accomodating. As many writers before me indicated, there is a need to upgrade some things at the hotel, but the location to Busch Gardens is a plus.
Herman, the night manager, stopped by during happy hour to make sure we and everyone there was happy. I mentioned that the snack portion was somewhat meager, and the second night they had hot Cheese for the chips and several other options.

We at dinner in the mangrove grill, and I was very happy with the service and food.

My only complain is that I purchased a premium suite and found that the rooms are the same, but you get some free, packaged snacks like skittles and soda+ some specialty coffee in your room. I'm not sure it was worth the extra $20 per night that was charged and in the future I will get the regular room and just stop at the convenience store for a few snacks.

All in all it is certainly a place I will return to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a positive review.

We are proud of Herman and I will share your comments with him.

We also offer WiFi, the Keurig coffeemaker, and the I-Home system in our premium suites. However, I do appreciate the feedback regarding our premium suite floor.

Valrico, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Excellent hotel and restaurant, especially if you are visiting someone at the University of South Florida or are taking a trip to Busch Gardens or the many other things to do in and around Tampa. We were all pleased with the service and the food is great. A special thank you to Joyce Turner, the customer service is A+!

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Joyce I will share your comments with her.

Tampa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

First when I received my bill it had internet charges on it, when they should have been taken off, because of me being a HHoner. I went done to the desk and they took them off. I asked for late checkout, and was told over half the hotel is asking for late check. I asked them what can they do then, and they gave me a half hour extra. My wife was very upset with the service, but I did not what to deal with it. When I got to my room I say they charge for a phone call to Pizza Hut. A phone call I was told to make by their staff, because when I try to us their extension for Pizza Hut it keep coming back to the main desk. So after the third time they suggested to call pizza directly. That is when I got upset because I had to now go back down to the front desk. I talked to the manager, I do not remember her name and she fixed it. And since I was back down there I explain that I want a later check out time. Now I did care, because I had to come back down. Then when I review my credit card they put a hold on it for the amount they were supposed to correct. Also I saw that the restaurant put a hold for around 15 dollars more than what the meal cause. When I call to find out what was happening I was refer to call the billing office, which was closed at that time. I called and left a message with my concerns. As of today I still have not gotten a call back, this being 10 days later. I stay at many Hiltons/Hilton branch hotels with my travel for the state. I also have my workers stay at them as well when I have to have travel plans booked for them. I even had wedding guest for my wedding 5 years ago stay at this hotel. All could think of when I got back Sunday, and called about the holds was, I hope none of my guest or workers have had these kinds of problems.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments regarding our billing and check-out procedures with our management team so we may continue to improve.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so that I can personally attend to your reservation and make it right.

Toledo, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The embassy suites is a great place to go for a vaction and more. i really enjoyed my stay they had so many things to do there and i met so many people! the drinks were on point and the food was great as well but most of all customer service was awesome. one of the employees there by the name of Rhaunda Fox helped me out with so many things and answered so many questions for me i love it the embassy suites BEST HOTEL EVER!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Rhaunda I will share your comments with her.

Scott Selvaggi

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!