“Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Overall this is a nice hotel and the facilities are clean and nice, but what made my experience amazing was the hotel staff. When I checked in I was greeted by a friendly person. Then the next day I went down to breakfast and was entertained by the two gentlemen making omelets. Not only did they have the system down pat, but they talked with the guests while they were waiting for the omelets.

While I was waiting, Jennifer Cancho, the sales manager, came up and asked how my stay was and what I was doing in Tampa. After a brief conversation she gave me her business card and said to let her know if I needed anything. Little did I know I would ask for her assistance shortly. When I checked out of the hotel I forgot to grab my toiletry bag. I discovered this when I reached my destination, so the next day I called Jennifer and left her a message. She promptly got back to me and said she would investigate. Sure enough she was able to find my toiletry bag and arranged for it to be shipped back to me even though this was not her job. Any other time I have left something at a hotel I never see it again and if it weren't for Jennifer and this Embassy Suites amazing staff, I don't think I would have seen my toiletry bag again either.

Overall I would bring my business here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay and what a great story!

Thank you also for taking the time to mention Jennifer. I will share your comments with her.

I look forward to your return visit!

580 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Early last week my company held a cocktail reception in the waterfall area of the hotel for 30 people. The atmosphere and space was perfect for our budget and the amount of time we had to find a place to host the event. Sara Meadows, the executive meeting manager at Embassy Suites USF, did an excellent job organizing the event with the limited time and budget we faced her with. She did follow up calls to make sure that the hotel was providing everything we needed, and was around to make sure everything went smoothly during the event. The food and the staff were great and were constantly making sure we had enough drinks and the food was coming out at a perfect rate. I would highly recommend this hotel for future events!!

I. Levine

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

Thank you also for taking the time to mention Sara. I will share your comments with her.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had a very good experience at this hotel; everyone was very nice and friendly. I have visited this hotel on several occasions and it is always the same. The front desk personnel are always willing to help. The breakfast staff is very accommodating. I saw one of the breakfast staff being very helpful with a handicap and senior visitor.

Room Tip: great hotel

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

Thank you for your business and I look forward to your return visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently held a meeting at the Embassy Suites USF and was very satisfied with the meeting space and the service I received. Sara was my event manager and she was so friendly, professional, and very easy to work with in preparation for my meeting. Steve and the banquet staff were always accessible and quick to fulfill any request onsite. The lunch was excellent as well, even though we chose the most inexpensive option due to our limited budget. Complimentary parking and breakfast was a major plus for our attendees as well!

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

Thank you also for taking the time to mention Steve. I will share your comments with him.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is an awesome hotel with amazing staff, especially Maria and Leslie. The sales folks are excellent led by Joyce Turner. It really is like going home; staff are cordial, friendly, and very accommodating. I make every effort to conduct my business with this hotel

Room Tip: Just ask - they'll do their best to take care of you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

Thank you also for taking the time to mention Maria, Leslie, and Joyce. I will share your comments with them.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My company recently held a cocktail reception in the waterfall area of the hotel. The atmosphere was great and everyone had an awesome time! Sara Meadows, the executive meeting manager at Embassy Suites USF, did an excellent job organizing the event and was around to make sure everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend this hotel for future events!!

E. Morris

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

Please contact me directly so I can personally thank you for your business.

Decaturville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

they treat every guest with respect and go out of their way for guests. I love the shuttle service
buffet breakfast. their crab cakes are to die for stayed here twice this year and will be back in jan 2014.
they are minutes away from the james a haley va hospital, moffit med center, bush gardens
this is a centrally located hotel in tampa .

Room Tip: i don't think there is a bad room in this hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay!

Thank you for your business and I hope you choose us again when you come back to visit.

Scott Selvaggi

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!