“Flexible and accomodating staff” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Falcon's Fury Package
Ranked #18 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Flexible and accomodating staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently hosted a post conference reception and the Embassy Suites made it very easy.Sara Meadows was very responsive and flexible. We asked for some changes to the menu and she worked with me so I remained on budget. The day of the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would absolutely recommend the Embassy Suites for your events.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 8, 2013

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

Thank you also for taking the time to mention Sara. I will share your comments with her.

590 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Hosted a VIP group here for the weekend and all went great. Great hospitality and service. Jennifer Cancho was a pleasure to work with, and very responsive to our every request. Great relationship with USF Athletics.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 7, 2013

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

Thank you also for taking the time to mention Jennifer. I will share your comments with her.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I took my wife and 2 young daughters to Tampa for the weekend to celebrate by daughters 7th birthday. We decided to stay at the Embassy Suites at USF near Busch Gardens since that was the primary attraction we wanted to visit and we have always had great experiences at Embassy Suites where ever we have traveled. While at the hotel the first night, we were purchasing drinks and snacks from the convenience store next to the front desk and happened to mention to the staff working the front desk that it was my daughters birthday this weekend and we were here to celebrate. Well, the next day, after a full day at Busch Gardens, we come back to the hotel to find several plates waiting in our room including cookies and milk, chocolate dipped strawberries and whipped cream, and even a fruit & cheese platter in the in-room fridge. They were put there by Isela and Alexis, the girls at the front desk that helped us out the night before. We were so pleasantly surprised that not only did they remember our daughters birthday but thought to have some treats waiting for us in the room when we got back. It really brought a smile to my daughter. The customer service we received was second to none at Embassy Suites and they certainly have customers for life in us. If we weren't sold on the large rooms, managers receptions at night and huge spread for breakfast that is already included, the thoughtfulness of their staff certainly did.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

All I can say is WOW!!!

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay!

Thank you also for taking the time to mention Isela and Alexis. I will share your comments with them.

I trust you will choose us again when visiting Tampa Bay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The venue was perfect for our school district event. Mary Patterson made sure all the details were in perfect order from conception to completion. We inquired about this venue to host our inaugural Vendor Fair and upon the initial meeting/tour; I was sure it would “fit the bill.” During the process, Mary was very attentive to each our needs and requests. The space and layout was well aligned to accommodate our agenda --- a check in/check-out set-up, a panel discussion set-up, an open-house style vendor fair set-up, and a networking reception set-up. Mary even customized the food menu to fit well within our “fair” theme, such as hot pretzels and dipping sauces, assorted candy bars, warm pastries, coffees, and more. The staff on schedule carried this considerate spirit through to the end our event. The location was perfect and easy to travel to from all points of the county. Accordingly, the event was well attended and was a huge success. Our survey monkey results show that in response to “How would you rate the venue/location?”…One hundred percent of the respondents rated it at least good (4%), very good (36%), or extremely good (60%). We look forward to hosting future events at The Embassy Suites USF/Tampa!

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

Thank you also for taking the time to mention Mary. I will share your comments with her.

Fort Myers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very nicely located, and great for large or small events. Very friendly and accommodating staff, nice rooms and clean.
Working with sales manager Jennifer Cancho as well as catering Manager Mary Patterson was a breeze, made our planning very easy and accommodated our needs and changes with no problems.
Looking forward to having more events at this site.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 4, 2013

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

Thank you also for taking the time to mention Jennifer and Mary. I will share your comments with them.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally thank you for your business.

South East
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great staff - but not much to work with.
I stayed at this property beginning 15 years ago and it was top notch. Then again about ten years ago with no changes. Little has changed since then - literally, except for a lobby remodel.
The musty odor on the room was overpowering & the A/C set to 65 degrees did little to ameliorate it.
The rooms are in poor shape. they really need to be stripped bare, treated for mold & mildew and modernized & brightened up.
The overall Embassy Suites concept would still work.
NOT GOING BACK anytime soon.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product, service and our location. I am glad you shared with me your experience as it relates to the A/C and suite condition. I will share with my team so we can research solutions to both.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally thank you for your business and attend to your next reservation.

Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I've had three visits and will be going back for a 4th next week. This property lives up to what Embassy Suites should be. Clean, well-maintained with friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast and manager's reception are as they should be. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Parking lot is arranged reasonably well, so even parking in the last row is still not far to walk.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay. I enjoyed reading your review.

We pride ourselves on our product and service and our location.

Scott Selvaggi

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!