“Very nice hotel. Very helpful staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Tampa Bay City Pass
Ranked #15 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
“Very nice hotel. Very helpful staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is my second time staying at this property. The hotel is beautiful inside with very nice and quiet rooms. The swimming pool was outdoor and one of the nicer pools I have seen at an Embassy Suites. The towels provided at the pool are not very nice. More like sheets of sandpaper. I imagine they put these out because no one would ever want to steal them. The restaurant was very good with a good variety. The fitness room is well equipped, but could you use more equipment and there is plenty of room for more equipment. The recumbent bike did not work properly all week even though my wife reported this issue every morning. We stayed for six days. I did not eat the breakfast, but my wife said it was not very good. Would we stay here again? Yes. Is there room for improvement? Yes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure I share your comments so we may get even better.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally attend to your reservation.

Scott Selvaggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Waldorf, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at The Embassy Suites Hotel (USF/Busch Gardens) the week of August 19-23, 2013, for a conference. I ended up changing rooms the 2nd day because I woke up and found a tribe full of roaches near the kitchen and bathroom area. TOTALLY GROSS!!!!! I told the front clerk that I wanted another room because there were roaches in the room. Well, the clerk acted like this was no surprise to him when he gave me another room. Also, I didn't even get an apology or any type of compensation. If I ever come back to Tampa, Florida, I will NEVER stay or recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product, service, and cleanliness.

I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure we treat this issue as we do not want another guest to encounter a similar experience.

We have a proactive pest control treatment process. In Florida especially it it is better to be proactive than reactive. We will continue to be proactive with our process.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so that you will have an opportunity for us to show you how your stay should be experienced.

Walt Disney World, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here overnight on last week for my company quarterly meeting.

The staff at this location is great and very accommodating. I decided at the last minute (like 3hours before my evening arrival) that I would stay overnight with my children in order to attend my meeting the next day. I phoned ES directly to reserve a room and explained I would be traveling with my teenage children. Melissa advised there would be no problem with them being in the room while I attend my meeting. My company didn't have a corporate rate, but she gave me another corporate rate without being prompted. She even provided a late checkout to 1p.m. when my meeting was done.

I arrived 3 hours laters, checked-in without issue. Checking in was quick and we were in our room within a few minutes of our arrival. The lady there was super helpful. Any staff you passed in the hallways was sure to greet you. The housekeeping ladies were WONDERFUL! All the ladies were extremely kind and accommodating with our late checkout. I was rushing and failed to get their names.

The room served it's purpose, but it did have a slight stale/musty smell - which warrants my 4 star review. The room could use a total refurbishment. It was dated, but everything was very clean. The refrigerator and microwave were spotless. The bed linens were very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. 3rd most comfortable hotel bed I've slept in. The 1st is Yotel at London Gatwick Airport and 2nd is Yotel in NYC.....if anyone was wondering. :)

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel when in the Tampa USF/Busch Gardens area.

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure I applaud their efforts and address the issue you did write of.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally thank you for your business.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I went for two weekends and in both opportunities we spent an excellent time at the hotel. Personnel were friendly and helpful in many aspects and many areas. During the breakfast always willing to help and provide food. The desk personnel very friendly also

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 29, 2013

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service.

Cape Coral, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Embassy suites USF/Busch Gardens is in a great location for trips to Busch Gardens and the USF campus. The hotel transportation is wonderful and the hotel offers complimentary shuttle service which is very convenient. The hotel itself is very clean, and the staff are very friendly. I stay here ever time I visit Tampa.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 27, 2013

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure I applaud their efforts.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We found ourselves unexpectedly needing a place to stay convenient to Moffitt Cancer Center, as our son was hospitalized for several days last week. Due to their 24 hour cancellation policy, I didn't book until the day we needed to check in and wasn't aware they offered a Moffitt discount. I booked the first night under a AAA rate at $123 but was able to get a $109 Moffitt rate for the next two nights. We had a room change after the first night because we were unsure how long we'd need to be in Tampa. The front desk clerk assured us there were plenty of rooms available for that night, so we checked out before heading to the hospital for the day. We later found out they were nearly sold out when I called back to extend our stay, so apparently we were lucky to get a room the second night.

Both rooms were very clean and comfortable and had all the usual amenities found at Embassy Suites. Breakfast was delicious with a good variety of both hot and cold foods and we were pleased there were also condiments such as salsa and shredded cheese available on the buffet, which are not always available at other Embassy Suites hotels. Unfortunately, we were not able to take advantage of the Manager's Reception which we have always enjoyed at other ES locations.

The area around this hotel is not the best, but we felt safe while in the parking lot and inside the hotel itself. On Saturday morning, there was actually a staff member with a checklist inside the breakfast area asking everyone for their room number. They had all other access blocked off except where she was standing. Apparently they've had a problem with people who are not paying guests of the hotel coming in for breakfast on weekends? There was no one asking for room numbers or names Sunday or Monday mornings.

Negatives:
24 hour cancellation policy - normally this would not be an issue for us, but many Hilton Honors properties have a much more lenient cancellation policy. It would be great if this property would offer a more flexible policy to guests with the Moffitt rate, as medical needs can be very fluid and unpredictable.

When we left the hotel Saturday morning to go to the hospital, we went ahead and checked out when the clerk told us there were plenty of rooms available for that night. Since I found out the hotel was nearly booked up when I called that afternoon to rebook, we did not check out when we left for the hospital Sunday morning. Instead, I called the hotel around 11:00 a.m. to extend our stay for an additional night (check out is noon). That was quick and painless, but unfortunately when we returned around midnight, we discovered our room keys no longer worked. We had to go back to the front desk to have them fixed. Normally this wouldn't be an issue worth mentioning, but after a long day, it just added to our stress.

This location is convenient to Moffitt, USF and Busch Gardens. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in the future if the need should ever arise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure we treat this issue as we do not want another guest to encounter a similar experience regarding the availability process.

Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had another great stay at ES Busch Gardens. All the staff were great and of course breakfast and manager reception. Had a chance to get a sandwich at restaurant - very good. Clean rooms with lots of space.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. Thank you for your great comments.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here again so I can personally introduce myself and thank you for your business.

Scott Selvaggi

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!