“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Key West, United States
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Room's are clean. Bed's are comfortable. Staff is friendly. Complimentary breakfast is great. The ventilation system in the suites is just adequate. I set our ac to 68 because I like it cold when I sleep and it did not get very cold in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product, service, and cleanliness.

I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure we treat the issue you mentioned as we do not want another guest to encounter a similar experience.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so that you will have an opportunity for us to show you an even better experience.

Scott Selvaggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
North Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I spent 2 weeks at this hotel for business and was very happy with the service. The free breakfast and happy hour is a huge plus and the food staff was very nice and helpful. The free shuttle comes in handy as well which is nice. The front desk woman helped me sign up for the Hilton honors program which gave me points toward my stay. It is very close to Busch Gardens/Adventure Island and MOSI which was cool. The only negative thing I would say is the surrounding area of the hotel is not nice and you should be very careful where you go. I would definitely stay at this hotel again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay and the positive comments.

We pride ourselves on our product and service.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so that I can personally thank you for your business.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our family has stayed here quite a few times so when Father's day came, I booked a night here to surprise my husband with a trip to Busch Gardens. To my surprise, I was greeted poorly at the front desk by a gentleman who barely made eye contact with me. Now I am a Hilton Honors Silver member due to many business trips I take for work, and am usually greeted professionally and thanked for being a Hilton Honors member. However at check I was treated like garbage that strolled in off the street. Worse off, I was with my 9yr old who noticed how rude the front desk clerk was. When he asked me for my ID and credit card, he took it from hands roughly and then slapped it on the counter when he was done. At this point, I knew he was either annoyed at working the front desk or he just had a bad attitude. Either way, this is unacceptable. The next morning at breakfast, we tried to find a table but everything was full. The omelet chef said the hotel was booked full , therefore we could sit in the other dining area. Suddenly a woman came out of nowhere yelling that we could not sit there that the area was closed. Then she yelled at the poor girl who was wiping the table for us so that our family of 5 could sit. We did not know where to sit with our children and had our breakfast trays in our hands. The omelet chef said they had a meeting that morning and were advised to open the second dining area, and he apologized for the rude lady. In any case, it was quite awkward and uncomfortable, to say the least, to be in the middle of an employee discussion or should I say argument. Finally we were seated at another table. Overall, I will reconsider staying here again for business or leisure. The price keeps getting higher but the service is declining.

• Stayed June 2013
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 16, 2013

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product, service, and cleanliness.

I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure we treat the issues you mentioned as we do not want another guest to encounter a similar experience.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so that you will have an opportunity for us to show you a how your stay should be experienced.

Fort Smith, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I am a chief engineer in the hotel business, this is a great property. The front desk staff was quick and friendly. The hotel is an older property but very well maintained. Only complaint was breakfast stopped at 930 (M-F), where i was used to it being served until 1030. Easy to get in and out of property and on to freeway for other florida destinations. Good job!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 24, 2013

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I want to thank you for the many positive comments.

It is certainly an opportunity to please everyone with the scheduled time of our complimentary breakfast but feel it is very important you shared your comments.

St. Augustine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I stayed for 2 nights in July 2013. Great location for Busch Gardens with free shuttle. Friendly staff, clean room, OK pool and Jacuzzi. AAA rates were reasonable I felt. Would stay again.

Room Tip: they are all suites with one king or two tiny doubles, with a sleeper-sofa. Mini-fridge, sink.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure I thank them for their efforts.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally attend to your reservation.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites USF and was greatly disappointed. I usually enjoy staying at this hotel brand, but this particular one is in need of an update. Everything from the furniture, to the carpet and even the decor is very outdated, and the staff seems a bit disconnected. There were several large events taking place when I stayed, so that might have had an impact, but for the price of the room I believe there are much better options available for my money.
I was able to dine at the restaurant and it was decent. The complimentary breakfast in the morning I'd suggest you skip. Overall, it was average, but I think the bar could be set higher.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 4, 2013

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team so we may continue to get better and as you say "raise the bar". It is important we use our guests' feedback as a tool to make things right.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so that I can personally attend to your reservation. I would love a second chance to earn your business.

Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Clean, friendly, prompt shuttle service and right around the corner from Busch Gardens. This hotel offers an excellent full breakfast and room service. We had lost of vegetarian options thru room service and the buffet breakfast. They even made me sauteed veggies (since we don't eat omelets) for breakfast. The pool is huge and the fitness center is a good size. The rooms are very spacious and have two flat screen tv's. The hotel staff provided excellent service and were very accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure I applaud their efforts.

Scott Selvaggi

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!