“very good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
St. Augustine
“very good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I stayed for 2 nights in July 2013. Great location for Busch Gardens with free shuttle. Friendly staff, clean room, OK pool and Jacuzzi. AAA rates were reasonable I felt. Would stay again.

Room Tip: they are all suites with one king or two tiny doubles, with a sleeper-sofa. Mini-fridge, sink.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 11, 2013

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure I thank them for their efforts.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally attend to your reservation.

Scott Selvaggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites USF and was greatly disappointed. I usually enjoy staying at this hotel brand, but this particular one is in need of an update. Everything from the furniture, to the carpet and even the decor is very outdated, and the staff seems a bit disconnected. There were several large events taking place when I stayed, so that might have had an impact, but for the price of the room I believe there are much better options available for my money.
I was able to dine at the restaurant and it was decent. The complimentary breakfast in the morning I'd suggest you skip. Overall, it was average, but I think the bar could be set higher.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team so we may continue to get better and as you say "raise the bar". It is important we use our guests' feedback as a tool to make things right.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so that I can personally attend to your reservation. I would love a second chance to earn your business.

Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Clean, friendly, prompt shuttle service and right around the corner from Busch Gardens. This hotel offers an excellent full breakfast and room service. We had lost of vegetarian options thru room service and the buffet breakfast. They even made me sauteed veggies (since we don't eat omelets) for breakfast. The pool is huge and the fitness center is a good size. The rooms are very spacious and have two flat screen tv's. The hotel staff provided excellent service and were very accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 3, 2013

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure I applaud their efforts.

Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews. Sadly it was not as pictured. We booked this hotel for our family for two nights. When we arrived the front desk the clerk was busy balancing her money drawer and ask us to wait...after 15 minutes she decided to stop. She asks our name gave us our room key and told us she had to go back to what she was doing. My husband asked her did she wanted ID, credit card or Hilton honors number? She looked at him said no, that we could do that in the morning. When we arrived to our room, the air was hot. We went to check the filter and it was black! Also, when we turned down the bed the sheets were STAINED!!! We called the front desk and were told that a manager would be up. Turns out he was the night security guard and he laughed and offered us a free movie. The next morning we left.
If you are on vacation and spending good money, the last thing you want is attitude and dirty rooms. This hotel is very busy. They are next to UCF and theme park. To them you are one of many. They have people coming in and out like cattle and do not care if you like the hotel.
Trust me spend your money on the Marriott down the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service.

I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure we use your comments as a training tool.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

As always I expect nothing but the best from this hotel. It did not let me down at all. The beds are like sleeping at home. All the staff were wonderful and the atmosphere here is great. I also made quite a few friends here and heard a lot of stories from all the great Vets that served out country. If you are going in this area I highly recommend you stay here it is worth it!!!! The only thing I did not like was the manager he was snotty, he was a tall guy with a short hair cut. He was one of those I am better than everyone type of people. The only reason I talked to him was to tell him about the maid that I loved because she was awesome and I loved her. Well when I told him he said yeah I know and turned around and walked off from me. I thought that was very rude and that someone like that should NOT be in charge. Especially in charge of such a great hotel with such great staff!!!

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a room in the corner, that way there is no traffic going in front of your door at...

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

I also thank you for comment regarding your conversation with one of our managers.

Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This past week my friend needed to have surgery at Moffitt Cancer Center, and I needed a place to stay while she was in the hospital. Embassy Suites is located less than one mile from the North Tampa medical facility, and they offer a discounted rated to anyone who has friends or family staying at Moffitt.
The hotel offered free breakfast, free shuttle transportation to the hospital, free happy hour in the lobby, and reasonably priced room service.
Staying at Embassy Suites made the trip less stressful. Thank you. And I'm happy to let you know, my friend is doing very well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 29, 2013

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally thank you for your business.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We always stay at the Embassy Suites when we visit Busch Gardens; it is the nicest hotel choice in the Busch Gardens area. We have stayed there about 6 times in the past few years, and every visit was wonderful except for our most recent. (So, 5/6 times they got it 100% right, which is very good.) What we like: transportation to Busch Gardens--other hotels have "scheduled" transportation and they make guests wait...not the Embassy Suites! They always have a shuttle to and from BG. The lobby is beautiful and the employees are always pleasant. They also have Pizza Hut pizza available until late into the night, which was great for 2 hungry kids after a day at BG. Check in and check out is a breeze. I wish they provided free internet--for the high price of the room, it should be included.

Here are the problems we had during our last visit...I hope the hotel will assure that other guests won't have to deal with this and instead enjoy the wonderful ES experience: The last time we stayed at ES, the floor next to the bed smelled strongly of urine. They had sprayed a strong air freshener to cover the smell, but as the night went on, the smell got stronger. It's not ES's fault if some idiot pees on their floor, but obviously someone knew it smelled in there--they should not have rented the room until the floor was cleaned. For $180/night, most guests would prefer a room without the urine odor.

The other issue we had was that the "clean" towels were full of (someone else's) hair. It seems that the cleaning staff is not checking to make sure all linens are clean.

Finally, when we went to order our Pizza Hut pizza, room service couldn't be bothered and told us to call Pizza hut delivery directly. This was disappointing, because we enjoyed the fact that our pizza had always been delivered to our room with real plates and cloth napkins. We also always asked for a bottle of Tabasco sauce, and ES room service would bring it with the pizza. This time, we had to eat right out of the box. Granted, we saved the room service charge, but we liked the touches ES room service added and would have paid them, along with a tip for the server. The room service menu still says that ES will deliver the Pizza Hut pizza, nothing about having to look up the number for the nearest local Pizza Hut etc... This may seem like a small thing, but my kids LOVE pizza look forward to it.

When we checked out, I did mention the urine odor to the front desk. I also brought down a towel with the hair to show them. They kindly reduced the bill by half, which was acceptable. I didn't mention the whole pizza thing, as we may be the only people who care so much about pizza service and we did manage to find a Pizza Hut that delivered.

Despite the problems with our last visit, I would definitely stay at ES again when visiting Busch Gardens.

Room Tip: If the room smells like air freshener, request another room. Also, check the towels immediately upon...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product, service, and cleanliness.

I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure we treat these issues as we do not want another guest to encounter a similar experience.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so that you will have an opportunity for us to show an even better experience.

Scott Selvaggi

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!