“LOVE THIS HOTEL!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Falcon's Fury Package
Ranked #17 of 159 hotels in Tampa
“LOVE THIS HOTEL!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

As always I expect nothing but the best from this hotel. It did not let me down at all. The beds are like sleeping at home. All the staff were wonderful and the atmosphere here is great. I also made quite a few friends here and heard a lot of stories from all the great Vets that served out country. If you are going in this area I highly recommend you stay here it is worth it!!!! The only thing I did not like was the manager he was snotty, he was a tall guy with a short hair cut. He was one of those I am better than everyone type of people. The only reason I talked to him was to tell him about the maid that I loved because she was awesome and I loved her. Well when I told him he said yeah I know and turned around and walked off from me. I thought that was very rude and that someone like that should NOT be in charge. Especially in charge of such a great hotel with such great staff!!!

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a room in the corner, that way there is no traffic going in front of your door at...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 3, 2013

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure I applaud their efforts.

I also thank you for comment regarding your conversation with one of our managers.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally attend to your reservation.

628 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This past week my friend needed to have surgery at Moffitt Cancer Center, and I needed a place to stay while she was in the hospital. Embassy Suites is located less than one mile from the North Tampa medical facility, and they offer a discounted rated to anyone who has friends or family staying at Moffitt.
The hotel offered free breakfast, free shuttle transportation to the hospital, free happy hour in the lobby, and reasonably priced room service.
Staying at Embassy Suites made the trip less stressful. Thank you. And I'm happy to let you know, my friend is doing very well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 29, 2013

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally thank you for your business.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We always stay at the Embassy Suites when we visit Busch Gardens; it is the nicest hotel choice in the Busch Gardens area. We have stayed there about 6 times in the past few years, and every visit was wonderful except for our most recent. (So, 5/6 times they got it 100% right, which is very good.) What we like: transportation to Busch Gardens--other hotels have "scheduled" transportation and they make guests wait...not the Embassy Suites! They always have a shuttle to and from BG. The lobby is beautiful and the employees are always pleasant. They also have Pizza Hut pizza available until late into the night, which was great for 2 hungry kids after a day at BG. Check in and check out is a breeze. I wish they provided free internet--for the high price of the room, it should be included.

Here are the problems we had during our last visit...I hope the hotel will assure that other guests won't have to deal with this and instead enjoy the wonderful ES experience: The last time we stayed at ES, the floor next to the bed smelled strongly of urine. They had sprayed a strong air freshener to cover the smell, but as the night went on, the smell got stronger. It's not ES's fault if some idiot pees on their floor, but obviously someone knew it smelled in there--they should not have rented the room until the floor was cleaned. For $180/night, most guests would prefer a room without the urine odor.

The other issue we had was that the "clean" towels were full of (someone else's) hair. It seems that the cleaning staff is not checking to make sure all linens are clean.

Finally, when we went to order our Pizza Hut pizza, room service couldn't be bothered and told us to call Pizza hut delivery directly. This was disappointing, because we enjoyed the fact that our pizza had always been delivered to our room with real plates and cloth napkins. We also always asked for a bottle of Tabasco sauce, and ES room service would bring it with the pizza. This time, we had to eat right out of the box. Granted, we saved the room service charge, but we liked the touches ES room service added and would have paid them, along with a tip for the server. The room service menu still says that ES will deliver the Pizza Hut pizza, nothing about having to look up the number for the nearest local Pizza Hut etc... This may seem like a small thing, but my kids LOVE pizza look forward to it.

When we checked out, I did mention the urine odor to the front desk. I also brought down a towel with the hair to show them. They kindly reduced the bill by half, which was acceptable. I didn't mention the whole pizza thing, as we may be the only people who care so much about pizza service and we did manage to find a Pizza Hut that delivered.

Despite the problems with our last visit, I would definitely stay at ES again when visiting Busch Gardens.

Room Tip: If the room smells like air freshener, request another room. Also, check the towels immediately upon...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product, service, and cleanliness.

I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure we treat these issues as we do not want another guest to encounter a similar experience.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so that you will have an opportunity for us to show an even better experience.

Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We loved this place! 1st time at an embassy suites and will def try to stay at another in the future. Chose it b/c of closeness to Busch gardens and free breakfast buffet on-site. - so convenient! We have 3 small children, so the pullout sofa bed, 2 tvs, refrig/micro/bar sink area, separate living and bedrooms were great! The breakfast buffet very impressive! Anything you can think of they have!
I found it very clean and well-maintained ... No stains, holes, hair or dirt anywhere. It's not super high-end, but perfect for a family park vacation.
I used the gym. Nice! 3 treadmills, 2 elipticals, etc. there were towels and water in there too.
The staff very friendly and helpful. Nice blond lady at front desk said, " let me give you a room close to the elevator, " upon seeing my sleeping 2 yr old in my arms. :)
We did not use pool, so can't speak to that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 26, 2013

New Smyrna Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of location and availability but the cost was very high. The hotel is beautiful, clean, and friendly. The bar tender was excellent. We didn't USE the pool but the pool deck was a mess. We would stay here again but will look for a better deal elsewhere first.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your overall comments regarding your stay. I especially enjoyed reading about how our hotel is beautiful, clean, and friendly.

Rockledge, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel look very presentable and elegant in every way except for the rooms. The furniture in the living room area seemed to be a bit out dated and worn. Every evening, they sponsor a "cocktail party" where they serve very light snacks and drinks (beer, wine, cocktails, all free). The free drinks were very, very nice, but the snacks are nothing to shake a stick at - but what do you want for free? My kids loved the pool, like every kid does. The service was hands down the best in the business - great staff (especially the check-in clerks at the desk)!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.

I enjoyed reading about how much you liked our staff and the service you received.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

After a long day at Busch Gardens this hotel was a perfect ending to a perfect day. We arrived just in time for the complimentary happy hour. Got to relax and visit with our family. Our sons spent an hour in the large outdoor pool. The rooms were very clean and had 2 televisions. Had refrigerator and a microwave. The pillows were great and nice fluffy bath towels. The complimentary breakfast was amazing. So much selection and all the muffins and donuts were fresh. My husband enjoyed the made to order omlets. The hotel staff was happy and friendly. Also a free shuttle to the parks so we didn't have to pay 15.00 to park our car. An awesome hotel.

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

I enjoyed reading about how our staff was happy and friendly.

Scott Selvaggi

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!