“Excellent service, terrible mattresses” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Falcon's Fury Package
Ranked #17 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Milltown, New Jersey
“Excellent service, terrible mattresses”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel was very nice. Rooms were large and clean. There was a free cocktail party w/finger foods every evening and shuttle service to and from Busch Gardens. We were upset that wifi was not free, but figured $9.95/day isn't the end of the world (considering the free cocktails). However, we realized that fee was per device and we had signed on to at least 4 different devices. I called the front desk and they assured me they would only charge for one device/day. We were very happy with that, but the cherry on the sundae was when we were checking out they waived ALL of the wifi fees!

My only complaint is the bed was VERY uncomfortable, way too squishy. If they would get better mattresses I would have rated them above average.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ScottSelvaggi, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments regarding our mattresses with our management team so we may re-inspect the quality.

I thank you for the many positive comments you wrote.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so that I can personally attend to your reservation.

580 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Waconia, MN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I cannot say enough about how the ALL the staff was helpful, friendly, and polite. From the time we checked in to the time we checked out, my family’s experience was excellent!!! From the pool to the fitness center to the complimentary break to the social hour. The entire staff was excellent!!! We would defiantly stay again at this location when going to Busch Gardens! Marvin from Minnesota

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 9, 2013

We pride ourselves on our product and service.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally attend to your next reservation.

Thank you so much.

Cocoa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Considering the price of the room, I think free internet access would be nice. Even the La Quinta Inn across the street has free internet. BUT, we had a great stay, everyone nice, professional. Breakfast was very nice. I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

From the minute we arrived which we arrived 4 hours before check in to the, to the front desk, shuttle service, room, quality of the breakfast everything was absolutely amazing! The pool and jacuzzi were great! And the happy hour and ambiance was great! I will definitely stay here everytime I visit Tampa!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team and staff to make sure I applaud their efforts.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally attend to your reservation.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Have not been treated so well by hotel personnel since I stayed at the Embassy Suites out in La Jolla, California. Want to give a shout out to the front desk clerk named "Megan"...she went over and beyond the call of duty by assisting our family with our unique situation (moving with special needs child is never easy). Have no complaints about this Embassy Suites whatsoever. Yes, while the rooms are beginning to show their age -- the great customer service we received made up for the lack of modern decor.

Room Tip: Stay on top floors to avoid busy lobby area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for the feedback regarding your stay and your positive comments!

We pride ourselves on our product, service, and cleanliness.

I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure I applaud their efforts as well as acknowledge Megan!

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can thank you for your business.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

2 kids and 2 adults in suite with sleeper. Beautiful lobby and good rooms. VERY clean and comfortable. Even the sofabed was pretty comfortable. The breakfast was a WOW! Well worth the money-- feel we got a good value all the way around. Very happy.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 29, 2013

Naples, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I love staying at embassy suites hotels. They have the best customer service and the rooms are clean. This hotel was so close to Busch Garden we could of walked to it. I always stay at Embassy Suites. Would recommend to everyone.

Scott Selvaggi

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!