“Outstanding! Clean, Comfortable, Accomodating, with a Yummy Breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens

Offers & Announcements
Howl-O-Scream 2014
Ranked #15 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Lapeer, Michigan
“Outstanding! Clean, Comfortable, Accomodating, with a Yummy Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was our first visit to Embassy Suites in Tampa and we were pleasantly surprised by such a friendly welcoming by staff. We found our suite to be clean and decorated very nicely. Everything was perfect except for a little glitch with the air conditioning. I called the front desk and they had an engineer to our room in 5 minutes. He fixed the problem right away. We enjoyed a peaceful night of sleep and a complimentary hot, huge, breakfast. We will be happy to return to this hotel again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Allie_Andy,
Thank you I was pleased to read the you enjoyed your first visit to my hotel. I have shared your comments with the team on how nice the service, breakfast and amenites were during your stay. I hope you return again when visiting the area.

Larry Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Arcadia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to Busch Gardens & Moffitt Cancer Center. Hotel is quiet and rooms face very nice atrium with waterfalls. The complmentary hot breakfast is outstanding. Our room cleanliness left a little to be desired, but the linens were clean and fresh. Bathroom cleanliness needed more attention to details (hair on floor behind door, next to tub, etc.). For the rate we paid, would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Brandy V
Thank You for sharing the comments on your recent stay at my hotel. I was pleased that you enjoyed the location and service. I have shared you housekeepng concerns with the team and hope that you return again when coming to Tampa.

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel is ideally suited for individuals doing business at USF or visiting children, etc. However, it's very expensive compared to the hotels just across the street. It's showing its age, the furniture is worn. The ammenities are fewer than those of most other Embassy Suites. Yes they do have a shuttle that will take you anywhere on USF you need to go, but you also have to tip them for every shuttle which comes out to $10 a day for most people making a round trip. The happy hour is a joke. The drinks are served in dixie cups (just about. very small cups) no food other than chips and dip. Previously they had happy hour with quarters of sub sandwiches. We ended up having to get room service when we realized we had dixie cup drinks with no food- so that was a $40 bill for two sandwiches- both of which made us feel sick. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Traveler12345_13,
Thank You taking the time to inform me of your recent stay. I apologize we didn't exceed your expecations. I have reviewed your comments with the team to improve for the future. We value you as a customer and want you to return to the hotel. I have spoken to them about the Managers reception glassware, the snacks choices. Also you should not feel obligated to tip the van drivers we encourge our guest to use the complimentary shuttle when going around campus or the surrounding area.
Tank You and hope you stay with us again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We booked and stayed at this Hilton Property twice within 3 weeks due to a family emergency.
The first stay in late March was mediocre, but serviceable. The front desk staff was very pleasant.
The "free" breakfast was bad and chaotic, but the second time we visited made the first time look like a trip to Monaco.

I have been a preferred/gold, now silver Hilton Honors member since 1992 and have stayed in Hilton properties as disparate as the Palmer House in Chicago to the Hampton Inn in Gainesville , FL. and have always gotten the same level of excellent service until the second stay at this Embassy Suites-USF.

We had a long day driving in from Atlanta and were dog tired. As we opened the sofa bed for my teen, we found dried snot n the sheets and other various dried detritus on the blanket.

When I called down to "guest" services, and told them what I was holding, I basically got blown off by this guy on the night shift (About 1100 PM). Not once did he apologize for this gross find, but he treated me in a very condescending manner and made me feel as though I was interrupting his night. I once again asked for replacement bedding and was told that "It's late and I'll get to it when I can"..Lovely, after about 20 minutes, my wife called down again and he was even more rude to her. Honestly, he is lucky that I was so beat, otherwise I would have gone downstairs and given him some New Jersey.

When the "fresh" (and I use that word loosely) bedding eventually showed up, the guy didn't even want to take the snot -filled stuff with him...In addition, the room smelled like someone had poured an entire gallon of ammonia in the bathroom, so net-net a 4 day stay turned into a check out the next day..After we fought through the near-riotous crowds in the dining area arm-wrestling over the last stale waffle....All -around worst experience I have ever had at a Hilton property.

We then checked into a nearby Hilton Suites on Fletcher Avenue and the staff and accommodations there saved our stay.
Don't know what turned this Embassy Suites into the Amityville Horror, but stay away.

Room Tip: Steer Clear. Too many other, better -staffed Hilton properties nearby to waste your time and money w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mkcp5597,
Thank You fior taking the time to inform me of the expreience you had at my hotel. I apologize for the lack of customer service while you were here. This is not our normal service level and have taken action with the managwement team to correct the situation.
Again I aplogize and hope you give us another chance for a positive and enjoyable experience on your next trip to Tampa.

boca raton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

we had two rooms. check in was efficient. Hotel was within minutes of the park and science museum, as well as minutes from a variety of restaurants. Staff was extremely helpful directing us to options other than the park i.e. outlet malls etc. the breakfast was amazing omelets, fresh fruit cereals, just about anything adult or child would want. a nice perk was the complimentary cocktail hour offering mixed drinks as well as beer and wine. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: we were on the 6th floor close to the elevators. no noise excellent location
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear nan j,
Thank You for the nice comments about my hotels location and service. I have shared these with the team as they appreciate you taking the time to comment on how you enjoyed the property and people. We hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had business at USF so this hotel was very convenient, plus I am a Hilton Diamond member, so I gave it a try. Check in was quick once the front desk clerk finished logging in to the computer or whatever she was doing. Room was typical Embassy Suites and fine, nice selection of HD channels on the TVs. Sometimes I dread the happy hour at ES because of the long lines, but Happy Hour at this Embassy Suites was very efficient. It seemed as if a manager was there pitching in, and the two bartenders were cheerful and efficient. Breakfast, on the other hand, left something to be desired. When I strayed over to the "restaurant" area as I was looking for the rest of the hot buffet, one of the women working essentially shooed me back over to the right tables. English was not her first language (so there may have been a language issue), but it was "What you want? Buffet over there!" Incidentally, I speak Spanish quite well though I may not look like I would. Then, when I put down my juice and newspapers to save my table, I returned to find the server and another woman leaning against my table, in an atrium full of empty tables. They did let me sit down and eat, but it felt like I was imposing on them to have taken up their favorite loitering spot. To top it off, this Embassy Suites did not seem to have either glasses or ceramic mugs for breakfast, relying only on plastic cups for cold beverages and take out cups for coffee/tea. Could be classier.

Not much within walking distance, and traffic on Fowler is a mess, but there are strip shopping malls and chain eateries a little bit further west.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Trotamundos09,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay at my hotel. I was pleased to read that you are a loyal Embassy Suites customer. I aplogize for the inconsistant service and have addressed this with the team. We appreciate you as a loyal customer and hope you stay again when returning to Tampa.

Genral Manager
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family of 5 stayed here about 2 weeks ago for three nights. Each night we had to call down for additional towels, because they failed to put enough in the room. One night I called failed to bring them that night. So, I called the next morning and they assured me the towels would be there shortly. After 30 minutes, I called again and finally, someone brought the towels about 10 minutes later.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Stephen C,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I apologize for the lack of service recieving towels to your room. I have addressed this with the staff to improve and make sure there are plenty of towels in the rooms when guest arrive. Again thank you and hope you return to the hotel on your next trip to Tampa.

Larry Cooper

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!