“Night Shift Rude - Dried Nasal Discharge on the Sheets” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Falcon's Fury Package
Ranked #19 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, Georgia
“Night Shift Rude - Dried Nasal Discharge on the Sheets”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We booked and stayed at this Hilton Property twice within 3 weeks due to a family emergency.
The first stay in late March was mediocre, but serviceable. The front desk staff was very pleasant.
The "free" breakfast was bad and chaotic, but the second time we visited made the first time look like a trip to Monaco.

I have been a preferred/gold, now silver Hilton Honors member since 1992 and have stayed in Hilton properties as disparate as the Palmer House in Chicago to the Hampton Inn in Gainesville , FL. and have always gotten the same level of excellent service until the second stay at this Embassy Suites-USF.

We had a long day driving in from Atlanta and were dog tired. As we opened the sofa bed for my teen, we found dried snot n the sheets and other various dried detritus on the blanket.

When I called down to "guest" services, and told them what I was holding, I basically got blown off by this guy on the night shift (About 1100 PM). Not once did he apologize for this gross find, but he treated me in a very condescending manner and made me feel as though I was interrupting his night. I once again asked for replacement bedding and was told that "It's late and I'll get to it when I can"..Lovely, after about 20 minutes, my wife called down again and he was even more rude to her. Honestly, he is lucky that I was so beat, otherwise I would have gone downstairs and given him some New Jersey.

When the "fresh" (and I use that word loosely) bedding eventually showed up, the guy didn't even want to take the snot -filled stuff with him...In addition, the room smelled like someone had poured an entire gallon of ammonia in the bathroom, so net-net a 4 day stay turned into a check out the next day..After we fought through the near-riotous crowds in the dining area arm-wrestling over the last stale waffle....All -around worst experience I have ever had at a Hilton property.

We then checked into a nearby Hilton Suites on Fletcher Avenue and the staff and accommodations there saved our stay.
Don't know what turned this Embassy Suites into the Amityville Horror, but stay away.

Room Tip: Steer Clear. Too many other, better -staffed Hilton properties nearby to waste your time and money w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Mkcp5597,
Thank You fior taking the time to inform me of the expreience you had at my hotel. I apologize for the lack of customer service while you were here. This is not our normal service level and have taken action with the managwement team to correct the situation.
Again I aplogize and hope you give us another chance for a positive and enjoyable experience on your next trip to Tampa.

491 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
boca raton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

we had two rooms. check in was efficient. Hotel was within minutes of the park and science museum, as well as minutes from a variety of restaurants. Staff was extremely helpful directing us to options other than the park i.e. outlet malls etc. the breakfast was amazing omelets, fresh fruit cereals, just about anything adult or child would want. a nice perk was the complimentary cocktail hour offering mixed drinks as well as beer and wine. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: we were on the 6th floor close to the elevators. no noise excellent location
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear nan j,
Thank You for the nice comments about my hotels location and service. I have shared these with the team as they appreciate you taking the time to comment on how you enjoyed the property and people. We hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had business at USF so this hotel was very convenient, plus I am a Hilton Diamond member, so I gave it a try. Check in was quick once the front desk clerk finished logging in to the computer or whatever she was doing. Room was typical Embassy Suites and fine, nice selection of HD channels on the TVs. Sometimes I dread the happy hour at ES because of the long lines, but Happy Hour at this Embassy Suites was very efficient. It seemed as if a manager was there pitching in, and the two bartenders were cheerful and efficient. Breakfast, on the other hand, left something to be desired. When I strayed over to the "restaurant" area as I was looking for the rest of the hot buffet, one of the women working essentially shooed me back over to the right tables. English was not her first language (so there may have been a language issue), but it was "What you want? Buffet over there!" Incidentally, I speak Spanish quite well though I may not look like I would. Then, when I put down my juice and newspapers to save my table, I returned to find the server and another woman leaning against my table, in an atrium full of empty tables. They did let me sit down and eat, but it felt like I was imposing on them to have taken up their favorite loitering spot. To top it off, this Embassy Suites did not seem to have either glasses or ceramic mugs for breakfast, relying only on plastic cups for cold beverages and take out cups for coffee/tea. Could be classier.

Not much within walking distance, and traffic on Fowler is a mess, but there are strip shopping malls and chain eateries a little bit further west.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Trotamundos09,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay at my hotel. I was pleased to read that you are a loyal Embassy Suites customer. I aplogize for the inconsistant service and have addressed this with the team. We appreciate you as a loyal customer and hope you stay again when returning to Tampa.

Genral Manager
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family of 5 stayed here about 2 weeks ago for three nights. Each night we had to call down for additional towels, because they failed to put enough in the room. One night I called failed to bring them that night. So, I called the next morning and they assured me the towels would be there shortly. After 30 minutes, I called again and finally, someone brought the towels about 10 minutes later.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Stephen C,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I apologize for the lack of service recieving towels to your room. I have addressed this with the staff to improve and make sure there are plenty of towels in the rooms when guest arrive. Again thank you and hope you return to the hotel on your next trip to Tampa.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed our time at the Embassy Suites USF; excellent location near to many restaurants and attractions. The room was comfortable and clean. For breakfast try to go early because gets crazy and busy at 8:30. And for sure we will come back again.

• Stayed April 2013
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear 3LM,
Thank You for commenting on your recent stay. It was nice to read how you enjoyed the hotel service, cleanliness and location. I was also pleased that you will return on your next trip to the area.
Again thank you and looking forward to your return.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a friendly welcome we were given at the Registration desk for this, our first visit to Embassy Suites in Tampa. Our room with a King-sized bed was spacious and immaculate We arrived on Saturday afternoon and were told about the Manager's Cocktail reception. Thinking it would be just beer and wine, we were pleasantly surprised to be able to order martinis and partake of the several snacks that were put out. The next morning we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (the coffee was just ok but the food was quite good) before heading home. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear cruzluvers,
Than You I was pleased to read how you enjoyed the hotel from the time you checked in. I have shared these great comments with the team and hope you return to the hotel soon when visiting Tampa.
Thank You and hope to see you soon.

Albany, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The location of this property is very convenient if planning to visit Busch Gardens. For those with kids there is an outstanding kid’s museum located less than three miles from the property as well. The hotel shows it age in the guest rooms, but is very well maintained and clean. In summary our family had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jeff B,
Thank You for taking the time to write those nice comments about my hotel. I was pleased that you enjoyed the amenities, service and great location to Busch Gardens we have to offer. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.

Larry Cooper

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!