“Next door to USF, mixed service for Embassy Suites” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3705 Spectrum Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Budapest, Hungary
“Next door to USF, mixed service for Embassy Suites”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had business at USF so this hotel was very convenient, plus I am a Hilton Diamond member, so I gave it a try. Check in was quick once the front desk clerk finished logging in to the computer or whatever she was doing. Room was typical Embassy Suites and fine, nice selection of HD channels on the TVs. Sometimes I dread the happy hour at ES because of the long lines, but Happy Hour at this Embassy Suites was very efficient. It seemed as if a manager was there pitching in, and the two bartenders were cheerful and efficient. Breakfast, on the other hand, left something to be desired. When I strayed over to the "restaurant" area as I was looking for the rest of the hot buffet, one of the women working essentially shooed me back over to the right tables. English was not her first language (so there may have been a language issue), but it was "What you want? Buffet over there!" Incidentally, I speak Spanish quite well though I may not look like I would. Then, when I put down my juice and newspapers to save my table, I returned to find the server and another woman leaning against my table, in an atrium full of empty tables. They did let me sit down and eat, but it felt like I was imposing on them to have taken up their favorite loitering spot. To top it off, this Embassy Suites did not seem to have either glasses or ceramic mugs for breakfast, relying only on plastic cups for cold beverages and take out cups for coffee/tea. Could be classier.

Not much within walking distance, and traffic on Fowler is a mess, but there are strip shopping malls and chain eateries a little bit further west.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Trotamundos09
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Trotamundos09,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay at my hotel. I was pleased to read that you are a loyal Embassy Suites customer. I aplogize for the inconsistant service and have addressed this with the team. We appreciate you as a loyal customer and hope you stay again when returning to Tampa.

Genral Manager

Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family of 5 stayed here about 2 weeks ago for three nights. Each night we had to call down for additional towels, because they failed to put enough in the room. One night I called failed to bring them that night. So, I called the next morning and they assured me the towels would be there shortly. After 30 minutes, I called again and finally, someone brought the towels about 10 minutes later.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Stephen C,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I apologize for the lack of service recieving towels to your room. I have addressed this with the staff to improve and make sure there are plenty of towels in the rooms when guest arrive. Again thank you and hope you return to the hotel on your next trip to Tampa.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our time at the Embassy Suites USF; excellent location near to many restaurants and attractions. The room was comfortable and clean. For breakfast try to go early because gets crazy and busy at 8:30. And for sure we will come back again.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear 3LM,
Thank You for commenting on your recent stay. It was nice to read how you enjoyed the hotel service, cleanliness and location. I was also pleased that you will return on your next trip to the area.
Again thank you and looking forward to your return.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a friendly welcome we were given at the Registration desk for this, our first visit to Embassy Suites in Tampa. Our room with a King-sized bed was spacious and immaculate We arrived on Saturday afternoon and were told about the Manager's Cocktail reception. Thinking it would be just beer and wine, we were pleasantly surprised to be able to order martinis and partake of the several snacks that were put out. The next morning we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (the coffee was just ok but the food was quite good) before heading home. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Albany, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The location of this property is very convenient if planning to visit Busch Gardens. For those with kids there is an outstanding kid’s museum located less than three miles from the property as well. The hotel shows it age in the guest rooms, but is very well maintained and clean. In summary our family had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jeff B,
Thank You for taking the time to write those nice comments about my hotel. I was pleased that you enjoyed the amenities, service and great location to Busch Gardens we have to offer. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.

Hialeah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

After a fiasco at the Holiday Inn Express, the person on duty was able to squeeze me in and gave me a killer price as well. It was 0200 in the morning and everything was booked but he made it work and saved my weekend birthday trip for me.

They offer free breakfast with cook to order. They also had happy hour with free drinks, had several screwdrivers that afternoon. The shuttle service was prompt and they pretty much take you anywhere within a 5 miles radius. This location is inside USF so it's very safe. The pool was heated and the staff was helpful and courteous.

• 5 of 5 stars
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear JX1,
Thank You for commenting on your the service you recieved while at my hotel. I was pleased that the associate was able to help and save your birthday weekend. Again Thank You and hope you stay with again soon.

Jax
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a really nice hotel to stay at if you are going to Busch Gardens. There shuttle runs constantly so no need to drive to the park. The accommodations were great and the staff was very friendly. We did not partake in the complimentary breakfast so I am not sure how that was but the in suite dining was great. Lots of restaurants near by as well.

Dear flutterbyelife,
Thank You for the positive comments about the hotel. I was pleased that you enjoyed the free shuttle to Busch Gardens and the friendly service. You will have to return and enjoy our fabulous breakfast in the mornings. Again thank you and hope you return to the hotel on your next trip to Tampa.