“Very disappointed. Unfriendly staff. Poor breakfast buffet.” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Howl-O-Scream 2014
Ranked #14 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Very disappointed. Unfriendly staff. Poor breakfast buffet.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Don't expect good breakfast or customer service. Very, very disappointed. We felt as if we were always imposing on the satff and we are very low maintenance.Breakfast items were stale, low or out. Utensils were always low or out. Staff made you feel like an [--] when asked to clean a table which was never clean. Very low staff which is strange because it was spring break for many. Will NOT stay here nor recommend to anyone,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Lwalk201,
Thank You for staying at my hotel and taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I apologize for the lack of service at breakfast and items not promptly stocked. I have shared this with the team who take these review very sreious and want to improve the results. This is not our normal service level and hope that you stay at the hotel again on your next visit to Tampa.

Larry Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Studio City CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

In addition to enjoying the sights of Tampa Florida we did enjoy our stay at the Embassy Suites.
We plan to keep the Embassy Suites at the top our travel list. Renting a car was a must as there were more things to see than Busch Gardens. We found the complimentary breakfast was enjoyable and sufficient to meet most dietary needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear pattimaser,
Thank You, it ws a pleasure to read how you enjoyed your stay at my hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on the hotel. I have shared this with the team and hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.

warwick, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Positives-Large two room suites. Five minutes to Busch Gardens. Excellent shuttle service-Clay, the shuttle driver, was very professional and reliable.

Neutral-Breakfast was ok. Bland.

Negative- Unidentifiable stains on carpet and chairs in room. Grout on floor in bathroom filthy. Shower curtain too small for rod, wet floors. Tables in breakfast area always seemed sticky.
Traffic in this area is awful!!

Room Tip: Room 220 was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear ksa4,
Thank for for the comments concerning your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback and have shared this with the management team. I was pleased that you enjoyed the service provided and we have addressed the cleanliness concerns to correct. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

coppell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Over all experience great. Check in staff very accommodating. Even though we came in early, they had a room ready for us right away. Typically hotels will make us wait while a wheelchair accessible room is prepped. Not hte case this time. All Embassy Suites "extras" (complimentary breakfast and happy) hour were great. They really do need to provide free wireless internet access in rooms. Beware of the shuttle driver if you are in a wheelchair. Driver drove off while we were waiting for it. We were in a very visible sight so claims of not seeing us would not be viable. Busch Gardens only 1.3 miles away(entrance) so not that big a deal(still annoying). Definitely recommend hotel for busch Gardeners. Orland attractions a little over an hour away

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Sammybob,
Thank You for sharing your experience at the experience at the hotel. I was pleased that you enjoy the amenities the Embassy Suites has to offer and the staff was accomidating to your needs. I hope you return again on your next trip to Busch Gardens.

Gainesville, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

During our stay, we found excessive hairs in the bathroom, on the floor, on the shower curtain and in the bathtub area. The first evening of our stay, there was a roach crawling across the bathroom floor. The shower curtain rod was circular and loose, which did not allow the shower curtain to stay in tact while bathing, and water leaked onto the floor at the front and back of the bathtub. There was some type of red stain on the suite floor rug, spanning from the bedroom to the sitting area. I imagined the hotel suites to be a little nicer and cleaner than this, and I was disappointed. I would choose another hotel if I were to stay in the Tampa/USF/Busch Gardens area again.

Dear Amym2785,
Thank You for staying at my hotel on your recent trip to Tampa. I appreciate you takijg time to comment on the hotel. I apologize for the comments on cleanliness of your suite, I have shared these with the housekeepng and maintenance departments. The staff has reacted to correct this condition and want you to leave the property with a positive impression of the hotel. I hope when you return to Tampa you choose to stay with us depart with a great experience.

General Manager.
Tampa Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I picked this hotel bc it was close to family and I always try to stay at a embassy bc the quality is typically always good. The rooms where a good size but it was apparent that the floor needs to be steam cleaned (I travel with small children and it matter bc they are always laid around on the floor) aside from that I was overall we pleased until the morning of checkout. After eating the breakfest I returned to my room 8:25am and housekeeping saw me walk in. She taps the door twice and proceeds to WALKIN excuses me. We exchange words about it being 8:25 and check out isnt until 12 why did she just walk in? She argues in her tounge with me and I then call '0' to report it. He then tells me 'they like to clean early' and basically there isn't much for him to do. I was undressed heading for the shower and this women walks into my room.....beyond mad. So if your staying here be aware. Anyone with a key can just walk in and the front desk doesn't care....Oh I stayed in room 616....

Room Tip: Don't stay unless you don't care about staff walkin when they like to.
Dear MJ,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay at my hotel. I apologize for the housekeeper walking into your room so early. I can understand your disappointment and have discussed this with them. Thank You for bringing this to my attention so it can be corrected. I hope on your next trip to my area you stay with us again.

Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Government rate of $112 was great for this property, although the days of a large conference, the property seemed overcrowded and the public areas and buffet were jammed. The suites themselves were very comfortable, although I was surprised to learn the internet cost $9.95 per day! Not conducive to conducting business in my room! I had a couple of maintenance issues while there, but for the most part it was a very pleasant stay and I would do it again for that price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Podie,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay at the hotel. I was pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and would return to the property. I appreciate you staying with us and hope to meet you soon in the hotel.

Larry Cooper

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!