Save Saved
Ranked #19 of 158 hotels in Tampa
warwick, ny
“Worn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Positives-Large two room suites. Five minutes to Busch Gardens. Excellent shuttle service-Clay, the shuttle driver, was very professional and reliable.

Neutral-Breakfast was ok. Bland.

Negative- Unidentifiable stains on carpet and chairs in room. Grout on floor in bathroom filthy. Shower curtain too small for rod, wet floors. Tables in breakfast area always seemed sticky.
Traffic in this area is awful!!

Room Tip: Room 220 was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear ksa4,
Thank for for the comments concerning your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback and have shared this with the management team. I was pleased that you enjoyed the service provided and we have addressed the cleanliness concerns to correct. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

489 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
coppell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Over all experience great. Check in staff very accommodating. Even though we came in early, they had a room ready for us right away. Typically hotels will make us wait while a wheelchair accessible room is prepped. Not hte case this time. All Embassy Suites "extras" (complimentary breakfast and happy) hour were great. They really do need to provide free wireless internet access in rooms. Beware of the shuttle driver if you are in a wheelchair. Driver drove off while we were waiting for it. We were in a very visible sight so claims of not seeing us would not be viable. Busch Gardens only 1.3 miles away(entrance) so not that big a deal(still annoying). Definitely recommend hotel for busch Gardeners. Orland attractions a little over an hour away

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Sammybob,
Thank You for sharing your experience at the experience at the hotel. I was pleased that you enjoy the amenities the Embassy Suites has to offer and the staff was accomidating to your needs. I hope you return again on your next trip to Busch Gardens.

Gainesville, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

During our stay, we found excessive hairs in the bathroom, on the floor, on the shower curtain and in the bathtub area. The first evening of our stay, there was a roach crawling across the bathroom floor. The shower curtain rod was circular and loose, which did not allow the shower curtain to stay in tact while bathing, and water leaked onto the floor at the front and back of the bathtub. There was some type of red stain on the suite floor rug, spanning from the bedroom to the sitting area. I imagined the hotel suites to be a little nicer and cleaner than this, and I was disappointed. I would choose another hotel if I were to stay in the Tampa/USF/Busch Gardens area again.

Dear Amym2785,
Thank You for staying at my hotel on your recent trip to Tampa. I appreciate you takijg time to comment on the hotel. I apologize for the comments on cleanliness of your suite, I have shared these with the housekeepng and maintenance departments. The staff has reacted to correct this condition and want you to leave the property with a positive impression of the hotel. I hope when you return to Tampa you choose to stay with us depart with a great experience.

General Manager.
Tampa Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I picked this hotel bc it was close to family and I always try to stay at a embassy bc the quality is typically always good. The rooms where a good size but it was apparent that the floor needs to be steam cleaned (I travel with small children and it matter bc they are always laid around on the floor) aside from that I was overall we pleased until the morning of checkout. After eating the breakfest I returned to my room 8:25am and housekeeping saw me walk in. She taps the door twice and proceeds to WALKIN excuses me. We exchange words about it being 8:25 and check out isnt until 12 why did she just walk in? She argues in her tounge with me and I then call '0' to report it. He then tells me 'they like to clean early' and basically there isn't much for him to do. I was undressed heading for the shower and this women walks into my room.....beyond mad. So if your staying here be aware. Anyone with a key can just walk in and the front desk doesn't care....Oh I stayed in room 616....

Room Tip: Don't stay unless you don't care about staff walkin when they like to.
Dear MJ,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay at my hotel. I apologize for the housekeeper walking into your room so early. I can understand your disappointment and have discussed this with them. Thank You for bringing this to my attention so it can be corrected. I hope on your next trip to my area you stay with us again.

Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Government rate of $112 was great for this property, although the days of a large conference, the property seemed overcrowded and the public areas and buffet were jammed. The suites themselves were very comfortable, although I was surprised to learn the internet cost $9.95 per day! Not conducive to conducting business in my room! I had a couple of maintenance issues while there, but for the most part it was a very pleasant stay and I would do it again for that price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Podie,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay at the hotel. I was pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and would return to the property. I appreciate you staying with us and hope to meet you soon in the hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I probably should wait until I check out, but I am waiting for my room to be cleaned (4:30p) so I am sitting at the hotel bar using the internet access that I paid for. About ten bucks for 24 hrs. That's a gripe -- should be complimentary. (I tried the public access connection in these common areas. It's spotty. The slow pay-for-use service is more reliable.)

Anyhow, it's a pretty nice property. I guess I'm here pretty close following the rehab other reviewers were describing. Things look new and clean except for the light switches and other small bits of the rooms. Also, when I did my post-check-in bed bug check of the sheets there was a spot of blood on the sheet. I had them changed the next day. Not a big thing, but I'd rather not see blood on the sheets.

This is one of those hotels whose rooms are set around an atrium where the free breakfast and manager's reception take place. I was lucky that my room was set off in a little corridor, so even though I was on the second floor, I didn't here a lot of the atrium nose. However, I was right above the sliding, automated entrance doors, so my floor rumbled every time someone entered of left the lobby. One plus of being on the second floor, I could come and go just using the stairs. On floors three and higher, you have to wait for the elevator.

The breakfast is great - lots of choices. The manager's reception even has hard liquor! The finger food was disappointing. But, as a friend and co-worker said once, cut up a turd and put it in a common area and say it's free and it'll draw a crowd.

When you stay here, nothing -- except the USF campus-- is in walking distance. But Embassy will shuttle you within a limited distance of the hotel, so that;s handy. I used it to go to the supermarket. I learned that the tiny microwave in the room is weak, so I had to cook the items twice as long as the instructions said, Also, the little sink in the "kitchen area" dripped constantly. Once I had my ear plugs in for sleeping, that didn't matter. I even kind of got used to the regular rumblings from the lobby door.

The bathroom was clean. So far the cleaning staff has done a good job. The front desk folks and shuttle drivers are friendly. There is a littl "pantry" where you can buy a pop, snack, etc. The selection is sparse, but the prices seem reasonable.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear allefe,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience so for with the hotel. If you need anything further while here please don't hesitate to contact me. I have shared your comments with the management team and hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay.
We look forward to you becoming a repeat customer of the hotel.

Downers Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Traveled here in January and really enjoyed our stay. If you don't like being stuck in your room this hotel has great common areas. The bar/eating area is large and comfortable. Tvs and business center for use in lobby area. Shuttle service from the airport was great.

Stayed January 2013
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Andrea B,
Thank You for choosing my hotel when visiting Tampa. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay and was pleased that you enjoyed the layout and amenities of the property.
I have passed along your comments to the team and hope to see you in the hotel soon.

Larry Cooper

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!