“Great customer service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #17 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Fredonia, New York, United States
“Great customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The rooms were great (and huge). Free drinks during happy hour, and free FULL breakfast buffet.
Best of all? Wanda was persistent in calling me back when I left my jacket and requested they mail it back to me. Wonderful customer service, and very friendly!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Jill R
Thank You for sharing the wonderful comments about your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the suite size and Embassy Amenities while here at the hotel. I have shared the nice comments about Wanda and returninng your jacket with the team. I hope the next time your in Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

Larry Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Branford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

stayed for one night last nov. very nice hotel, great location, shuttle took us to busch gardens & picked us up, friendly driver, they held our luggage for us, accommodating staff. we loved the free breakfast, lots of good choices & food was good. rm was nice as well. would def rec & would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear travelingrose64,
Thank you for staying with us when visiting Tampa. I appreciate the nice comments about the hotel breakfast and shuttle service. I will share this with the team as they enjoy exceeding the guest expections and having them leave satified then retuirn.
Again, Thank You,

Woburn, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was surprised how lop-sided my stay was in January. The people working at the hotel were generally very helpful, but it’s clear to me that the management needs to be upgraded! Here’s the skinny:

Pros: Friendly, helpful, young staff. Room was adequate, wi-fi worked fine. Pool area & jacuzzi is small but clean.

Cons: This hotel does not serve coffee! It’s a brown syrup that tastes vaguely like coffee (we went to the mini-Starbucks across the street). Men’s room stall (when I used it) was out of TP and paper towels. Service was short-staffed, so wait at the bar was 10+ minutes. Hotel food was not good, but the breakfast buffet is acceptable. The business center's internet was not working!

Tip: the hotel shuttle will drop you off at nearby locations. I highly recommend the Indian restaurant nearby, as well as Jason’s Deli. The shuttle will also drive you back to the airport for $40 (flat fee).

Room Tip: I stayed in the top floor in the corner -- very quiet indeed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Richard L
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I appreciate you staying with us and have addressed the issues with the Bar, Housekeeping and Food Quality. We as a team want to exceed your expections and your feedback help us to improve. I hope on your next trip to the area you choose to stay with us again and have a positive experience.

Boulder CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Rooms were very big, with a nice front room. They were clean and in good condition, the bathroom was clean but was in the very early stage of starting to show wear. It would have been nice to have a little better desk area for working on the computer. Also charging for in room internet is a negative in my book. The business center was down two days while I was there.

The staff was really nice and always really to help with any questions I had,. The breakfast had a wide selection of food and there staff greeted you and took your order right away.

Room Tip: The hotel was mostly by itself so it didn't appear to have a bad side. Stayed opposite the road...
Dear Bumbless,
Thank You for staying with us on your recent trip to Tampa. I was pleased that you enjoyed the hotel service, breakfast and location. I have shared your comments with the management team and we hope you return to the property soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I live locally, but stayed at this hotel for a conference. It was very nice. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and it is a very safe and secure location. I don't think there is a nicer place to stay if you want to visit Busch Gardens. Your not too far from some good chain restaurants, but it can get busy on the weekends due to the college town and traffic can be horrible. The breakfast buffet is great and a wonderful treat. We did do the lunch buffet too and it was very nice. There is something for everyone on it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear ztlsgal,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay while attending a conference. I was pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and stayed here even though you live locally. I hope you return again and enjoy the hotel and area things to do around us.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel ranks at the top of all hotels because of 1) complimentary cook-to-order omelets, bacon and sausage; 2) complimentary evening drinks with snaks; and, 3) complimentary shuttle within a three-mile radius but which even took us to the airport at 5:30 a.m. on the day of our departure. The rooms are spacious, clean and beds comfortable. There are many restaurants in the area and especially Busch Gardens that the shuttle will take you to and pick you up with just a phone call. Moffett Cancer Center is a short walk across the campus of USF. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who would like a first class hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor on the North side and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Mindipin,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on how you enjoyed the hotel and service. We appreciate your business and hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently visited this hotel on the USF campus for business. The hotel is surrounded by USF, highways and strip malls, so if you're looking for a Florida vacation spot is not for you.

The hotel itself has recently undergone some renovations. Rooms were spacious and beds were comfortable. A large atrium centers the hotel and houses check in, breakfast/manager's cocktail space and a small bar/lounge serving food. Some staff members were very nice and helpful.

On the evening of our stay, my colleagues and I returned to the hotel around 10:40 pm and headed to the bar area for a beer and something to eat. The kitchen must have been closing around 11 because the waiter was completely irritated that he had to serve us. We asked if we could still order food and he said "I guess so" and proceeded to show his annoyance with us through the entire process. I ordered hummus, a colleague asked for a grilled chicken salad, etc. so it's not like we asked for a full meal. The waiter also never told us that the area would be closing. I have worked in the food industry, so I get it. If he had said something like "we're starting to close the kitchen, but I'll see what we can do" or "we can serve [1, 2, 3, ...8] choices" we would have been totally understanding and happy with our less then full menu selections.

The next morning - the day we were checking out - housekeeping slipped my room receipt under the door and proceeded to bang on the door loudly until I arrived to answer it. When I did answer the woman had nothing to say. I suppose they were just checking to see if I was still occupying the space. I confirmed with my colleagues they received the same wake up.

We arrived around 9 am for the complimentary breakfast. The food was quite good and I appreciated the omlettes made-to-order especially for a free breakfast. There is a large HD TV at one end of the breakfast area and serveral speaker stations to listen to the broadcast. The Today Show was playing - I thought it was a nice touch. During the week the breakfast ends at 9:30 am. I expected the staff to shut down the omlette station at that time and start cleaning up the buffet. Instead, while we and many others were still eating at 9:30, a member of the staff abruptly turns off the tv and begins to collect ketchup, salt and pepper from all tables, including those occupied by hotel guests who were still eating.

The hotel, while generic, is clean and rooms were fine. However, I can't imagine ever staying here again unless I have to do business at/around USF.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear MomTravels,
Thank You for responding about your recent stay at my hotel. I appreciate your comments on the service and have shared these with the team to improve on making sure we exceeed your expectations. I was pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and location of the hotel for your business. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.