“Very nice hotel and great location for Busch Gardens” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Falcon's Fury Package
Ranked #19 of 159 hotels in Tampa
“Very nice hotel and great location for Busch Gardens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I live locally, but stayed at this hotel for a conference. It was very nice. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and it is a very safe and secure location. I don't think there is a nicer place to stay if you want to visit Busch Gardens. Your not too far from some good chain restaurants, but it can get busy on the weekends due to the college town and traffic can be horrible. The breakfast buffet is great and a wonderful treat. We did do the lunch buffet too and it was very nice. There is something for everyone on it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear ztlsgal,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay while attending a conference. I was pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and stayed here even though you live locally. I hope you return again and enjoy the hotel and area things to do around us.

589 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel ranks at the top of all hotels because of 1) complimentary cook-to-order omelets, bacon and sausage; 2) complimentary evening drinks with snaks; and, 3) complimentary shuttle within a three-mile radius but which even took us to the airport at 5:30 a.m. on the day of our departure. The rooms are spacious, clean and beds comfortable. There are many restaurants in the area and especially Busch Gardens that the shuttle will take you to and pick you up with just a phone call. Moffett Cancer Center is a short walk across the campus of USF. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who would like a first class hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor on the North side and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Mindipin,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on how you enjoyed the hotel and service. We appreciate your business and hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently visited this hotel on the USF campus for business. The hotel is surrounded by USF, highways and strip malls, so if you're looking for a Florida vacation spot is not for you.

The hotel itself has recently undergone some renovations. Rooms were spacious and beds were comfortable. A large atrium centers the hotel and houses check in, breakfast/manager's cocktail space and a small bar/lounge serving food. Some staff members were very nice and helpful.

On the evening of our stay, my colleagues and I returned to the hotel around 10:40 pm and headed to the bar area for a beer and something to eat. The kitchen must have been closing around 11 because the waiter was completely irritated that he had to serve us. We asked if we could still order food and he said "I guess so" and proceeded to show his annoyance with us through the entire process. I ordered hummus, a colleague asked for a grilled chicken salad, etc. so it's not like we asked for a full meal. The waiter also never told us that the area would be closing. I have worked in the food industry, so I get it. If he had said something like "we're starting to close the kitchen, but I'll see what we can do" or "we can serve [1, 2, 3, ...8] choices" we would have been totally understanding and happy with our less then full menu selections.

The next morning - the day we were checking out - housekeeping slipped my room receipt under the door and proceeded to bang on the door loudly until I arrived to answer it. When I did answer the woman had nothing to say. I suppose they were just checking to see if I was still occupying the space. I confirmed with my colleagues they received the same wake up.

We arrived around 9 am for the complimentary breakfast. The food was quite good and I appreciated the omlettes made-to-order especially for a free breakfast. There is a large HD TV at one end of the breakfast area and serveral speaker stations to listen to the broadcast. The Today Show was playing - I thought it was a nice touch. During the week the breakfast ends at 9:30 am. I expected the staff to shut down the omlette station at that time and start cleaning up the buffet. Instead, while we and many others were still eating at 9:30, a member of the staff abruptly turns off the tv and begins to collect ketchup, salt and pepper from all tables, including those occupied by hotel guests who were still eating.

The hotel, while generic, is clean and rooms were fine. However, I can't imagine ever staying here again unless I have to do business at/around USF.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear MomTravels,
Thank You for responding about your recent stay at my hotel. I appreciate your comments on the service and have shared these with the team to improve on making sure we exceeed your expectations. I was pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and location of the hotel for your business. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

West Redding, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We took my Daughter to see the USF campus and the hotel stay went without a hitch. I even called for pillows around 11:00PM and was promptly provided 3 as requested. It is a pleasure when everything goes as planned with a stay and this hotel did not disappoint us. Pleasant stay and the hot breakfast started off our day at the campus on the right foot. We will return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Noles103
Thank You, I was pleased to read that while visiting USF the hotel met you expectations. We appreciate your feedback and hope on your next trip to campus you stay here again.

Saint Augustine, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This hotel was great. The breakfast was excellent, the rooms are comfortable, and the location is convenient. The only problem I encountered was that housekeeping came into the room before I checked out and cleaned all of my food out of the fridge (full, unopened drinks and snacks) and actually came back a 2nd time while I was actually in the room changing. They should definitely leave the guests alone until they can verify check out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear jessjacknickliam

Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay at the hotel. I appreciate you comments about waiting til the guest checks out to come in the room and have shared with housekeeping. I was pleased that you enjoy the breakfast and rest of the hotel. I hope when you return to the area you choose to stay with us again.

Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I enjoyed staying here recently.Room was nice and clean,breakfast was good and shuttle service they provide within a 5 miles radius was excellent.I would stay here again.Good location close to USF;Busch Gardens,not far from downtown Tampa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Sabrina3665,
Thank You taking the time to comment how nice your recent stay was at the hotel. I was pleased and have shared this with the management team. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay here again.
Thanks,

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed recently for several nights. Checked in at approximately 2:30 pm and was sent to two rooms that were occupied by housekeeping and/or construction personnel. I was ready to ask for a refund and finally got a key for an unoccupied room. Hotel is under reconstruction and the noise is unbearable during the day when workers are present (jackhammering the tile). Only one of the three elevators is operable, so request a room on a lower floor or wait forever for a crowded ride. Staff is not friendly or engaging. The location is the best part of this hotel......

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear h w
Thank You for your comments on the recent stay. I have shared your response with the Management Team to correct for the future. We appreciate the feedback and have responded to your concerns. The renovation is now completed and service culture is being addressed. Thank You and hope to see you in the near future in the hotel.

Larry Cooper

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!