“Only hotel in Tampa I would stay in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3705 Spectrum Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Tampa Bay City Pass
Ranked #17 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
miami
“Only hotel in Tampa I would stay in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed here before for 1 day a couple of weeks ago, and again 2 days ago for 1 night, just so my husband and I could go to Busch Gardens. The location couldnt be any better. Literally 5 mins away from Busch gardens. They have a shuttlle that takes you there, and they give you their card to call them whenever youre ready to be picked up again. The breakfast buffet they have its amazing. everything you could possibly think of, they have it. And its FREE! When we checked in, the front desk agent that helped us was Mark, he was so professional and courteous with us, we really felt welcomed. A couple of minutes after i got to my room, he gave us a courtesy call to make sure everything was ok, and if we needed anything to call him. I have never experienced that in any hotel. This is really the only hotel in tampa i would go to again, and again. Thank you!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Maria A
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay. I was pleased to read that you are a return guest and again enjoyed the hotel. I have passed along to Mark how you mentioned the excellent service he provided. I hope the next time you come to Busch Gardens you choose to stay here again.

Larry Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Helena, Mt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights on business. Location is on edge of Univ. of S Florida campus with positives of a multitude of safe area for walking or running and would be very convenient for attendance at Busch Gardens; drawbacks of the location are that it is a difficult, long distance from the Tampa airport and restaurants or fast food aren't within reasonable walking distance, although the hotel does provide a shuttle. Service and amenities were excellent, including the usual Embassy Suites cooked-to-order breakfast and an evening reception with a decent variety of light snacks (not enough for a meal). Hotel was clean and meeting room was good. When I found I had to leave a day early, the hotel let me out of the reservation without charging the cancellation fee.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear ClarkCreek,
Thank for the positve comments concerning your stay at my hotel. I appreciate your feedback and glad that the staff was accomidating during your meeting. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is a very busy area and we were looking for a hotel that would be central to everything we wanted to do. This hotel was close to both I-75 and I-275 as well as all the attractions. The rooms were clean, spacious and the free breakfast was outstanding. Better than any Denny's or Bob Evans. The free cocktails in the evening was a nice touch and included snacks for that after dinner nibbles alert. This was not our first stay and we plan to go back. The staff was very friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators are much quieter. Higher floors facing Fowler provides a beautiful vi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Cynthia-Rick J
Thank You for sharing your positive stay at the hotel. I was pleased that you enjoyed the service and location of the hotel. We pride ourselvers in servinga quality breakfast with the suite to start your day. It was nice to read that this wasn't your first visit and hope you stay again on your next trip to Tampa.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a very busy hotel, located close to both the University of South Florida and Busch Gardens. I was expecting a difficult time here as I knew the staff would be busy keeping up with all the activity. I was pleasantly surprised that the staff addressed my every need in a timely and professional manner. Just one example: I was about to leave the hotel to give a speech when a button fell off my suit coat. Normally, my coat would be sent to a cleaners to put the button back on. Instead, the manager found someone on the staff who could sew the button back on immediately. I was so grateful.

The facilities are a bit tired from so much use and renovation is in order, as noted by some others. But for all intents and purposes, this is an ideal hotel for tourists as well as business travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Anthony-Susan,
Thank You for taking the time to share your experience at my hotel. I was pleased that you enjoyed the service and we were able to fix your button. I have shared your comments with the staff and hope the next time your in Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Whenever I visit Busch Gardens (my last trip was in Sept) I stay at this hotel. It is very close to Busch Gardens, includes breakfast and free cocktails from 5-7. The ambiance is great and this is one of my favorite Embassy Hotels in Florida. I'm recommending it for business travel or couples visiting the Busch Gardens area. I didn't check out the pool so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed September 2012
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Octorafest,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the property. I appreciate how you enjoy staying here when visiting Busch Gardens. I have shared your comments with the staff and hope you have the chance to return and see Christmas Town. Again Thank You and hope to see you soon in the hotel.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was here for two nights for a conference. The hotel is on the USF campus and is near any number of chain restaurants on Fowler Avenue. The hotel is attractive and well-landscaped. Check-in was quick and the staff very pleasant. I had an executive suite which comes with a conference table. I don't have conferences in the room but use the large table to spread out my work documents. Plus these rooms have an extra window, making the room quite bright.

The furniture and decorations are standard-issue Embassy Suites. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff quite nice. The bathrooms are large and brightly lit, a plus for putting on makeup. It was also spotless.

I didn't eat in their restaurant but the free breakfast is nice enough and they'll cook eggs-to-order if you wish. My only complaint is that they were running out of to-go coffee cups and creamer for the coffee too regularly. Some of the buffet items didn't appear to be refreshed regularly enough either. But these are small complaints in my book.

I've always enjoyed the atrium lobby and look forward to the free drinks and snacks at the end of a workday. Altogether an expected pleasure to stay here.

Room Tip: I prefer the executive suites which come with the large conference table.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear rbirds49,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on the hotel. I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay during your conference. As you commented the Embassy Suites are a nice desiogn and the Breakfast and Managers Reception are nice amenities of the brand. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a really nice hotel and I enjoyed staying here. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was perfect. I particularly enjoyed the elevators as they were super fast and also provided a nice view of the hotel atrium.

Many people have commented on the hotel’s age and I think it might be time for management to consider a face lift.

In my room, the bathroom sink faucet was so old that it was very difficult for me to turn the water on much less twist the faucet to change the water temperature. In the bedroom, there was duct tape along the edge of the window. It appeared that a gap has opened up in the window and they were trying to keep bugs, rain, leaves, etc. out.

In the fitness center, there were two machines broken when I wanted to work out (a treadmill and an elliptical I think). The elliptical machines did not look like they were taken care of because the rubber grips on the handles was mostly peeled off.

For the price I paid, I would have expected better facilities. But, nonetheless, these did not dampen my stay enough to discourage me from coming back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Taniguck,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was pleased that you enjoyed the property and and amenities it offers. I have shared your comments with the team and look forward to your return to the hotel.