“Best hotel close to Busch Gardens!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Falcon's Fury Package
Ranked #19 of 158 hotels in Tampa
“Best hotel close to Busch Gardens!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Whenever I visit Busch Gardens (my last trip was in Sept) I stay at this hotel. It is very close to Busch Gardens, includes breakfast and free cocktails from 5-7. The ambiance is great and this is one of my favorite Embassy Hotels in Florida. I'm recommending it for business travel or couples visiting the Busch Gardens area. I didn't check out the pool so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed September 2012
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Octorafest,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the property. I appreciate how you enjoy staying here when visiting Busch Gardens. I have shared your comments with the staff and hope you have the chance to return and see Christmas Town. Again Thank You and hope to see you soon in the hotel.

498 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was here for two nights for a conference. The hotel is on the USF campus and is near any number of chain restaurants on Fowler Avenue. The hotel is attractive and well-landscaped. Check-in was quick and the staff very pleasant. I had an executive suite which comes with a conference table. I don't have conferences in the room but use the large table to spread out my work documents. Plus these rooms have an extra window, making the room quite bright.

The furniture and decorations are standard-issue Embassy Suites. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff quite nice. The bathrooms are large and brightly lit, a plus for putting on makeup. It was also spotless.

I didn't eat in their restaurant but the free breakfast is nice enough and they'll cook eggs-to-order if you wish. My only complaint is that they were running out of to-go coffee cups and creamer for the coffee too regularly. Some of the buffet items didn't appear to be refreshed regularly enough either. But these are small complaints in my book.

I've always enjoyed the atrium lobby and look forward to the free drinks and snacks at the end of a workday. Altogether an expected pleasure to stay here.

Room Tip: I prefer the executive suites which come with the large conference table.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear rbirds49,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on the hotel. I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay during your conference. As you commented the Embassy Suites are a nice desiogn and the Breakfast and Managers Reception are nice amenities of the brand. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a really nice hotel and I enjoyed staying here. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was perfect. I particularly enjoyed the elevators as they were super fast and also provided a nice view of the hotel atrium.

Many people have commented on the hotel’s age and I think it might be time for management to consider a face lift.

In my room, the bathroom sink faucet was so old that it was very difficult for me to turn the water on much less twist the faucet to change the water temperature. In the bedroom, there was duct tape along the edge of the window. It appeared that a gap has opened up in the window and they were trying to keep bugs, rain, leaves, etc. out.

In the fitness center, there were two machines broken when I wanted to work out (a treadmill and an elliptical I think). The elliptical machines did not look like they were taken care of because the rubber grips on the handles was mostly peeled off.

For the price I paid, I would have expected better facilities. But, nonetheless, these did not dampen my stay enough to discourage me from coming back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Taniguck,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was pleased that you enjoyed the property and and amenities it offers. I have shared your comments with the team and look forward to your return to the hotel.

Fort Meade MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently and enjoyed our stay. It is very near busch gardens and other fun entertainment. The best thing this hotel has to offer is their free shuttle service! The guy who drove the bus was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good and we enjoyed their happy hour. Overall it was a very nice hotel. The staff was not as helpful as other hotels we have stayed and I think the rooms could have been cleaner. I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

Dear Meghan H,
Thank you for the response on tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments and glad that you shared your experience with us. The staff looks forward to hearing what the guest have to say, as to help us improve the operations. We are glad that you enjoyed the stay and we look forward to your return.

Milton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed at this Embassy Suites several times for conferences over the years. The rooms are nice and clean and the housekeeping staff is the best! Very accommodating and friendly! I want to mention Ms. Wanda in particular. I left my I Phone charger in the room and didn't realize it until I got back home. I called the hotel and was transferred to Ms. Wanda in housekeeping and she was kind enough to check on this and found my charger!! She was truly a professional and was so sweet. The breakfast was very good too! I would definitely recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Theresa P,
Thank You for taking the time to write the nice comments about your stay. I was pleased that Wanda was able to find your charger and return it to you. I have shared your comments with the management team and look forward to your return.

Pompano Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We love this Embassy Suites! Right on campus, great breakfasts and happy hours and really great rooms, especially if you have additional children! Rooms are comfortable, clean--staff is very pleasant. Overall a really great place to stay if you have a student at USF.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear mimzy4,

Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the hospitality. I have shared your comments with the team and we hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have stayed at this Embassy Suites many times over the past few years because our granddaughter is a student at USF and this hotel is located next to the campus. We had been on a two week vacation and we stopped here on our last night to visit her before returning home to South Florida. As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by the hotel manager and a couple of his staff. I found that the suite that we were assigned was very clean and spacious. The manager had two bottles of water delivered to our room shortly after we arrived. They have a free afternoon happy hour with various dips and snacks. Although we didn't eat in their restaurant, we have eated in the it before and found that the food was pretty good. The breakfast in the morning was excellent and the staff was dressed up for Halloween, which was kind of cute.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Andytown,
Thank You for staying with us. I was pleased to read that you are a frequent guest as you granddaughter goes to USF. I have shared your positive feedback with the team has they enjoy hearing what the customer has to say. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa.

Larry Cooper

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!