“Very good hotel, might be time for a renovation” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Howl-O-Scream 2014
Ranked #15 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Hawaii
“Very good hotel, might be time for a renovation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a really nice hotel and I enjoyed staying here. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was perfect. I particularly enjoyed the elevators as they were super fast and also provided a nice view of the hotel atrium.

Many people have commented on the hotel’s age and I think it might be time for management to consider a face lift.

In my room, the bathroom sink faucet was so old that it was very difficult for me to turn the water on much less twist the faucet to change the water temperature. In the bedroom, there was duct tape along the edge of the window. It appeared that a gap has opened up in the window and they were trying to keep bugs, rain, leaves, etc. out.

In the fitness center, there were two machines broken when I wanted to work out (a treadmill and an elliptical I think). The elliptical machines did not look like they were taken care of because the rubber grips on the handles was mostly peeled off.

For the price I paid, I would have expected better facilities. But, nonetheless, these did not dampen my stay enough to discourage me from coming back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Taniguck,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was pleased that you enjoyed the property and and amenities it offers. I have shared your comments with the team and look forward to your return to the hotel.

Larry Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Fort Meade MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently and enjoyed our stay. It is very near busch gardens and other fun entertainment. The best thing this hotel has to offer is their free shuttle service! The guy who drove the bus was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good and we enjoyed their happy hour. Overall it was a very nice hotel. The staff was not as helpful as other hotels we have stayed and I think the rooms could have been cleaner. I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Meghan H,
Thank you for the response on tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments and glad that you shared your experience with us. The staff looks forward to hearing what the guest have to say, as to help us improve the operations. We are glad that you enjoyed the stay and we look forward to your return.

Milton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed at this Embassy Suites several times for conferences over the years. The rooms are nice and clean and the housekeeping staff is the best! Very accommodating and friendly! I want to mention Ms. Wanda in particular. I left my I Phone charger in the room and didn't realize it until I got back home. I called the hotel and was transferred to Ms. Wanda in housekeeping and she was kind enough to check on this and found my charger!! She was truly a professional and was so sweet. The breakfast was very good too! I would definitely recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Theresa P,
Thank You for taking the time to write the nice comments about your stay. I was pleased that Wanda was able to find your charger and return it to you. I have shared your comments with the management team and look forward to your return.

Pompano Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We love this Embassy Suites! Right on campus, great breakfasts and happy hours and really great rooms, especially if you have additional children! Rooms are comfortable, clean--staff is very pleasant. Overall a really great place to stay if you have a student at USF.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear mimzy4,

Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the hospitality. I have shared your comments with the team and we hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have stayed at this Embassy Suites many times over the past few years because our granddaughter is a student at USF and this hotel is located next to the campus. We had been on a two week vacation and we stopped here on our last night to visit her before returning home to South Florida. As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by the hotel manager and a couple of his staff. I found that the suite that we were assigned was very clean and spacious. The manager had two bottles of water delivered to our room shortly after we arrived. They have a free afternoon happy hour with various dips and snacks. Although we didn't eat in their restaurant, we have eated in the it before and found that the food was pretty good. The breakfast in the morning was excellent and the staff was dressed up for Halloween, which was kind of cute.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Andytown,
Thank You for staying with us. I was pleased to read that you are a frequent guest as you granddaughter goes to USF. I have shared your positive feedback with the team has they enjoy hearing what the customer has to say. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here before and was didn't want to again, but I did because of the close proximity to Busch Gardens. There the room was old an run down. There was hair on the sink, tub and shower curtain. There were lime stains around the bathroom sink faucet. The tub and surround had mold, chips and just looked really old. If I had a choice I wouldn't shower in there. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Natalie 2074,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I apologize for the condition of your suite and have addressed this with my team. We strive to exceed the customers expectations in service and conditions of the property. Your comments and pictures are appreciated and hope on your nextr trip to Busch Gardens you will stay with us again and have a pleasant experience.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotes is clean, the rooms are quiet, and the staff is terrific. It is very convenient to USF, the medical school, the Tampa VA, and many other medical facilities. Surrounding streets are busy and the traffic can be a problem at rush hour. However, this property is an oasis in the midst of all the bustle. As a bonus, the USF Botanical garden is right nearby, and you can easily walk to it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
AlanBachrach,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate you commenting on how nice your stay was and the convience of the location. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose the hotel again.

Larry Cooper

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!