“"Great Hotel"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Milton, Florida
“"Great Hotel"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed at this Embassy Suites several times for conferences over the years. The rooms are nice and clean and the housekeeping staff is the best! Very accommodating and friendly! I want to mention Ms. Wanda in particular. I left my I Phone charger in the room and didn't realize it until I got back home. I called the hotel and was transferred to Ms. Wanda in housekeeping and she was kind enough to check on this and found my charger!! She was truly a professional and was so sweet. The breakfast was very good too! I would definitely recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Theresa P,
Thank You for taking the time to write the nice comments about your stay. I was pleased that Wanda was able to find your charger and return it to you. I have shared your comments with the management team and look forward to your return.

491 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Pompano Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We love this Embassy Suites! Right on campus, great breakfasts and happy hours and really great rooms, especially if you have additional children! Rooms are comfortable, clean--staff is very pleasant. Overall a really great place to stay if you have a student at USF.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear mimzy4,

Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the hospitality. I have shared your comments with the team and we hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have stayed at this Embassy Suites many times over the past few years because our granddaughter is a student at USF and this hotel is located next to the campus. We had been on a two week vacation and we stopped here on our last night to visit her before returning home to South Florida. As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by the hotel manager and a couple of his staff. I found that the suite that we were assigned was very clean and spacious. The manager had two bottles of water delivered to our room shortly after we arrived. They have a free afternoon happy hour with various dips and snacks. Although we didn't eat in their restaurant, we have eated in the it before and found that the food was pretty good. The breakfast in the morning was excellent and the staff was dressed up for Halloween, which was kind of cute.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Andytown,
Thank You for staying with us. I was pleased to read that you are a frequent guest as you granddaughter goes to USF. I have shared your positive feedback with the team has they enjoy hearing what the customer has to say. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here before and was didn't want to again, but I did because of the close proximity to Busch Gardens. There the room was old an run down. There was hair on the sink, tub and shower curtain. There were lime stains around the bathroom sink faucet. The tub and surround had mold, chips and just looked really old. If I had a choice I wouldn't shower in there. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Natalie 2074,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I apologize for the condition of your suite and have addressed this with my team. We strive to exceed the customers expectations in service and conditions of the property. Your comments and pictures are appreciated and hope on your nextr trip to Busch Gardens you will stay with us again and have a pleasant experience.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotes is clean, the rooms are quiet, and the staff is terrific. It is very convenient to USF, the medical school, the Tampa VA, and many other medical facilities. Surrounding streets are busy and the traffic can be a problem at rush hour. However, this property is an oasis in the midst of all the bustle. As a bonus, the USF Botanical garden is right nearby, and you can easily walk to it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
AlanBachrach,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate you commenting on how nice your stay was and the convience of the location. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose the hotel again.

Bayfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking to stay near Busch Gardens Tampa - The hotel staff as soon as you pull into the parking area, through check-in, housekeeping, bar and restaurant staff make you feel as if they are really very happy to see you! We arrived extra early - no problem - needed to take advantage of the shuttle service - more than happy - enjoyed the Manager's special as well as the custom cooked breakfast - again all served by very friendly staff! We will be back to this hotel when in the area again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Dritter955,
Thank You for the nice comments about your recent saty. I have shared your positive experiences with customer service while here with the management team. We strive to be the best and hope you will return on your next visit to Tampa.

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed 3 days at the Embassy Suites near Busch Gardens post-cruise off the Carnival Legend. The Embassy Suites is located approx. 20 minutes from the cruise ship terminal and within 5 minutes from Busch Gardens. From check in to check out we encountered extremely friendly staff (especially at the front desk) and wonderful service.

Upon entering the lobby I was amazed how similar it was to the Embassy Suites in Isla Verde, Puerto Rico. Although smaller than the Embassy Suites in Puerto Rico, the lobby Atrium is very nicely landscaped with tropical plants, ponds and waterfalls. There are three glass elevators, allowing its passengers to peer down up to 8 stories into the tropical beauty of the Atrium below.

We had a lovely and clean 2-room suite on the 7th floor complete with two queen beds, double sleeper sofa, two flat screen T.V’s, microwave and mini fridge.

Complimentary hot breakfast was available each weekday morning until 9:30 am (10:30 on the weekends). Breakfast included scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, sausage, bacon, breakfast potatoes, toast, bagels, pancakes, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, donuts, muffins and fresh fruit. Juices, coffee, tea and even soda were available for breakfast. There is also a made to order omelet and egg station. My husband thought the omelets here tasted even better than those made on the cruise ship. I really enjoyed the make it yourself waffles! They were so delicious especially topped off with fruit and whipped cream!

Each evening from 5:30-7:30 we enjoyed complimentary drinks (alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages) and light snacks (chips, popcorn, pretzels, veggies, crackers, cheese and dip) during the Manager’s Reception in the Atrium Lobby.

The Embassy Suites is also equipped with an outdoor heated pool and a very hot, hot tub. We only used the pool once and had the whole pool to ourselves!

We really appreciated the complimentary shuttle service (within a 5 mile radius) provided by the Embassy Suites. We took advantage of this service to get dropped off and picked up from Busch Gardens each day we were there. This was so convenient! We even took the shuttle to watch a movie one night at the University Mall!

Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend the Embassy Suites near Busch Gardens.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear cz63
Thank you for taking the time to share your enjoyable stay. We appreciate your comments and strive to make sure you enjoy the Embassy Suites. I have shared your comments with the staff as they like hearing what the customer has to say about the hotel. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

Larry Cooper

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!