Save Saved
Falcon's Fury Package
Ranked #19 of 158 hotels in Tampa
“Gross!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here before and was didn't want to again, but I did because of the close proximity to Busch Gardens. There the room was old an run down. There was hair on the sink, tub and shower curtain. There were lime stains around the bathroom sink faucet. The tub and surround had mold, chips and just looked really old. If I had a choice I wouldn't shower in there. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Natalie 2074,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I apologize for the condition of your suite and have addressed this with my team. We strive to exceed the customers expectations in service and conditions of the property. Your comments and pictures are appreciated and hope on your nextr trip to Busch Gardens you will stay with us again and have a pleasant experience.

501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotes is clean, the rooms are quiet, and the staff is terrific. It is very convenient to USF, the medical school, the Tampa VA, and many other medical facilities. Surrounding streets are busy and the traffic can be a problem at rush hour. However, this property is an oasis in the midst of all the bustle. As a bonus, the USF Botanical garden is right nearby, and you can easily walk to it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
AlanBachrach,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate you commenting on how nice your stay was and the convience of the location. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose the hotel again.

Bayfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking to stay near Busch Gardens Tampa - The hotel staff as soon as you pull into the parking area, through check-in, housekeeping, bar and restaurant staff make you feel as if they are really very happy to see you! We arrived extra early - no problem - needed to take advantage of the shuttle service - more than happy - enjoyed the Manager's special as well as the custom cooked breakfast - again all served by very friendly staff! We will be back to this hotel when in the area again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Dritter955,
Thank You for the nice comments about your recent saty. I have shared your positive experiences with customer service while here with the management team. We strive to be the best and hope you will return on your next visit to Tampa.

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed 3 days at the Embassy Suites near Busch Gardens post-cruise off the Carnival Legend. The Embassy Suites is located approx. 20 minutes from the cruise ship terminal and within 5 minutes from Busch Gardens. From check in to check out we encountered extremely friendly staff (especially at the front desk) and wonderful service.

Upon entering the lobby I was amazed how similar it was to the Embassy Suites in Isla Verde, Puerto Rico. Although smaller than the Embassy Suites in Puerto Rico, the lobby Atrium is very nicely landscaped with tropical plants, ponds and waterfalls. There are three glass elevators, allowing its passengers to peer down up to 8 stories into the tropical beauty of the Atrium below.

We had a lovely and clean 2-room suite on the 7th floor complete with two queen beds, double sleeper sofa, two flat screen T.V’s, microwave and mini fridge.

Complimentary hot breakfast was available each weekday morning until 9:30 am (10:30 on the weekends). Breakfast included scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, sausage, bacon, breakfast potatoes, toast, bagels, pancakes, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, donuts, muffins and fresh fruit. Juices, coffee, tea and even soda were available for breakfast. There is also a made to order omelet and egg station. My husband thought the omelets here tasted even better than those made on the cruise ship. I really enjoyed the make it yourself waffles! They were so delicious especially topped off with fruit and whipped cream!

Each evening from 5:30-7:30 we enjoyed complimentary drinks (alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages) and light snacks (chips, popcorn, pretzels, veggies, crackers, cheese and dip) during the Manager’s Reception in the Atrium Lobby.

The Embassy Suites is also equipped with an outdoor heated pool and a very hot, hot tub. We only used the pool once and had the whole pool to ourselves!

We really appreciated the complimentary shuttle service (within a 5 mile radius) provided by the Embassy Suites. We took advantage of this service to get dropped off and picked up from Busch Gardens each day we were there. This was so convenient! We even took the shuttle to watch a movie one night at the University Mall!

Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend the Embassy Suites near Busch Gardens.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear cz63
Thank you for taking the time to share your enjoyable stay. We appreciate your comments and strive to make sure you enjoy the Embassy Suites. I have shared your comments with the staff as they like hearing what the customer has to say about the hotel. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for four nights in August. I found the hotel dated and in need of a renovation. The carpets, both in the hallways and in my room, really needed to be replaced. But the worst was one night after dinner I returned to the room and it smelled like a sewer. I asked to be moved and was, only to find a huge cockroach on the toilet the next morning. I sent a fax to Larry Cooper (the manager) twice. No reply. Then I sent the same message to hilton.com. No reply.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Annapolis 21403,
Thank You for your comment on your stay in August. I apologize about not recieving your fax concerning your visit. I do appreciate your input and would have addessed these isuues immediately. Your comments and input in very valuable to the hotel. We want you to enjoy your stay and return again. I will look into your concerns with my management team as to correct the deficencies.
Again Thank You and hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

San Antonio, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

While it has been a years since I had stayed in an Embassy Suites, it looked like this hotel had not seen any TLC for a few years. The location was good, right near the university with lots of restaurants nearby. The not just continental breakfast was great, plentiful and best of all free. But there were a few things that needed attention. There was peeling wall paper all over the suite and in the bathroom the toilet paper holder as coming loose from the wall. While the room service food was good, the service was slow. The conveniences of this hotel make it a good choice for families with children but for my needs it was just okay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Claudia A,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was pleased that you enjoyed the location and breakfast. I have addressed the condition of your suite with my staff. We appreciate your comments to help improve the property. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

Bangor, NI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel from the 07 Aug 09 to 10 Aug 09. I have only started writing reviews so apologies for the lateness. I have stayed in 6 different Embassy Suites when travelling to the USA. The most recent stay was in Embassy Suites Secaucus. They could learn from the people who run this hotel.

Check In. We had the most pleasant check in experience I have ever had. The gentleman who checked us in was courteous beyond words. I wish I could remember this person's name.

Lobby. The nicest Embassy Suites Lobby we have experienced. Perfect in every detail and clean as a whistle.

Pool. Beautiful quiet clean pool. More to it than most Embassy Suites.

Breakfast & Managers Evening Reception. Excellent, good food, lovely drinks and great service.

Rooms. Beautiful, well appointed and clean. Maid service was excellent.

Restaurant. First class, huge portions that we are not used too.

Location. We loved the location. Beside Busch Gardens with a free shuttle service. Lots of family eateries on your doorstep. Handy to the interstate to get around.

Conclusion. The best Embassy Suites hotel we have stayed in. Ranks with any 5 star hotel I have stayed in.

Well Done

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Firedog44,
I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay at my hotel. I am pleased that you started commenting on Tripadvisor and sharing your experiences. I have shared your comments with the team as these help us improve at the property. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.

Larry Cooper

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!