“Best Place to stay if your going to Bush Gardens Tampa” 5 of 5 stars

Tampa Bay City Pass
Ranked #16 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston
“Best Place to stay if your going to Bush Gardens Tampa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

I went to Bush Gardens with my 2 teenage children for 2 day of Bush Gardens Tampa. I made reservations at the Embassy Suites right down the street from Bush Gardens. This was a great hotel. I couldn't have asked for more. They have services that the best hotels in the world don't have, and theirs are FREE.
They have a nice hotel, clean,right off the highway,close to Bush Gardens. The rooms are around a large floor to ceiling atrium. The kind with the glass elevators that kids love. The rooms are all suites. Large bedroom,livingroom area, table and little kitchen. There is a coffee maker, micro, and little fridge. I can't remember if there was a sink, and dishes, but I think there was. The hotel has an afternoon apps and drinks for everyone. The kids enjoyed the munchies before dinner. They have a free breakfast buffet, with make your own waffles or have omlets made to order. Lots of great stuff for everyone. There is a pool, but I really didn't check it out. The best part of the hotel services were a free shuttle to and from anywhere you wanted to go. They broght you right to the front gate of Buch Gardens and you called when you wanted a ride back. They brought us to a nice Italian place for dinner that night and we called for the ride home. The place was Antonios... good food way too much of it. The waitress told us to only order 2 meals for 3 of us... and I wish I had only ordered one. Giant portions.
Do bottom line... this was a great hotel for the family. No complaints at all.

• Liked — Free shuttle free breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Monson, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

My husband, 13 year old son, and myself stayed here for 4 nights in mid January. The hotel is in a great location to Busch Gardens. Our 1st choice for accomadations is usually an Embassy Suites. We like the 2 separate rooms, cooked to order breakfast, and complimentary drinks in the evening.

And, of course, this Embassy Suites gave us that. Our room was clean & comfortable and breakfast was fresh & tasty. Rafael Miranda mixed a nice drink in the evening. He was also very pleasant.

So why only an average rating?

Well, we are used to the staff at an Embassy Suites being above average in customer service. Last summer we stayed at the Embassy Suites in Colonial Williamsburg and their staff was exceptional The staff at this Embassy Suites was 50/50. 50% genuinely nice & pleasant; 50% "professionally dismissive" By that I mean, they were not rude, but they were not concerned about any questions you had or if you were enjoying your stay.

I received 2 statements under my door the night before check out. One statement had a room rate of $134 per night; the other a nightly rate of $199. Both statements indicated the balance due was zero and had been charged to a credit card.

I brought both statements to the front desk. The woman working the desk, looked at the statements, told me the one with the nightly rate of $134 was an error. She said the computer generates duplicate statements occassionally. I told her it wasn't a duplicate statement. The totals were different, since the nightly rate was different. I was concerned my credit card had been charged twice, finally she brought my reservation up on the computer screen. She told me only one charge had been applied to my credit card.

She wasn't rude, but she made me feel like I was annoying her by questioning these 2 statements, and not just accepting her explanation of a computer duplicate. When I told her I felt she was being dismissive of me, she said "I'm sorry you feel that way". However, she didn't make eye contact with me and turned away.

I work in a large c ity ER/Trauma center, and I know how difficult it can be talking with people at times, so I am always very careful of my tone of voice and body language. The way she handled the situation was poor customer service.

• Liked — Great location to Busch Gardens
  • Disliked — Dismissive attitude of woman at front desk, when questioned receiving 2 statements the night before checkout
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Flossmoor, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2008

We went with our two sons (ages 4 and 11 months) and it was great! Very clean, lovely atrium. The staff was remarkably pleasant, without exception. We had room service which was excellent (and the delivery was fast, courteous and both times ran back to get something for us, including a highchair they let us keep in the room.) Check in was great, business center fine, breakfasts super. The shuttle to Busch Gardens was perfect, and the drivers very nice.

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

We also got a crib and bedrails from Tampa Bay Baby Rentals and it was awesome -- nice full sized crib, very clean fresh bedding, etc. All waiting for us when we got there.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Pool was a little cold.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2008

I was disappointed in this hotel. I've stayed at this hotel several times a year for the past 5 years while teaching at the Univ. of South Florida. In several respects the hotel is becomming less appealing and now I am dissapointed.

The front desk and manager seem to be annoyed with simple requests and gave the impression that they were not to be bothered. Few smiles were evident and they gave the impression that they didn't appreciate visitors and didn't want to handle any requests.

Rooms had loud fans that seemed to go on and off with frrequency. This made it difficult to sleep, have conversations or watch TV.

The Internet conntections are very poor. In the past the internet was available in the rooms for free, and now it is free only in the busy business center. Not at all convenient if you plan to use a computer during your travel.

The costs have risen considerably over the past few years and in my opinion the other hotels in the area are a much better value and offer better service.

It's too bad to see the hotel decline. It was a nice place to stay in the past.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Internet connections, unfriendly staff, fan sound in room
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

We stayed here to bring in the new year. Talk about heaven! The beds are soooo comfortable and there is plenty of space in the suites to sleep 6. The breakfast in the morning is excellent and the snacks/drinks available from 5:30-7:30 are better than any other placed we've stayed. Although the hotel was crowded we rarely waited for an elevator or to use one of the computers in the business room.

If you are planning to go to Busch Gardens you can't get any better than here. We never waited more than 5 minutes either going or coming from Busch Gardens and not having to park a mile away and take the tram was great. They drop you right off at the entrance gate.

There is an excellent pool and whirlpool for the kids (or adults). Our room was very kept very clean.

I would highly recommend staying here.

• Liked — convenience to Busch Gardens
  • Disliked — liked everything
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

i stayed at this hotel various times in 2006, on business. The hotel is very clean and the staff are very helpful. The suites are nice and comfy, especially the beds. the tv will get all channels you want. The artium is so beautiful to have breakfast in the morning... which by the way is bountiful. anything you want.. omelets made to order, sausage, bacon.. grits... all made fresh, and all you can eat... all included with your stay. a great place for a family reunion. although the hotel caterers mostly to business clientele. i will recommend this hotel for other business partners visiting tampa!

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Counce, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

This is about the Embassy Suites, across from Busch Gardens. We were supposed to meet friends at the Embassy Suites Hotel on Saturday, October 20, 2007. The employees were all friendly and polite, the complementary breakfast buffet was good, but you'd think they would have a back up system in place for just such situations.
After driving all night from Tennessee, we were unable to check into our room, due to a problem with the computer system. Apparently, the computers had been out since 7 a.m., and it was after 12 noon. I watched them turn away several people. I struck up a conversation with one of the employees, and the bell hop let us into our room.
We got back to the hotel after Busch Gardens closed, at about 2:30 in the morning, and got our card keys at that time.
The next morning, close to check out time, the elevators all went down at the same time. We were on the sixth floor. Fortunately, one was running by the time it was time to check out. I watched many people carry their luggage down the stairs. If I didn't have a health condition that prevented me from doing it, I would have done the same.
The food is good, the staff is wonderful, but, oh, those computers!

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!