“Very Pleasant Hotel, Terrible Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3705 Spectrum Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Tampa Bay City Pass
Ranked #17 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
“Very Pleasant Hotel, Terrible Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here for business as downtown Tampa hotels were all sold out. Its a 30 min drive to downtown. I imagine it is mainly aimed at the family of people visiting students at the nearby university college. For that purposes it is excellent.

My room on the 6th floor was quiet and dark whilst sleeping - which is the most important aspect to me.

Beds are comfortable, bathroom was a decent size and cleaned well. Rooms are very large and the adjoining room has a pull down sofa, dinning/ meeting room table, microwave and coffee machine. There is an ironing board and iron in the (rather small) closet. One room would be fine for a small family group.

Breakfast was a substantial and tasty though healthy choices were very sadly lacking. There was no wholemeal bread, quality fresh fruit or sugar free cereals on offer. This should be fixed.

Staff are very friendly and for those who don't arrive by car, the option to be taken gratis anywhere in a 6 mile radius is useful.

Room Tip: If you want something healthy to eat, bring your own breakfast!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear James M,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was pleased that you enjoyed the service and amenities at the hotel. I hope the next time your in Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

Larry Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family and I decided to take a trip to Florida before school started up. We were thinking of going to Orlando/Disney, but after doing a little research we decided to go to Tampa/Busch Gardens. This was an excellent choice, our kids had been to Disney twice before. They really enjoyed it when they were younger, but not as much when we went for Christmas 2011. They are teenagers (17 & 14) and enjoy roller coasters, so Bush Gardens appealled more to them. It was a great choice. We selected the Embassy due to its location to BG, and was very pleased with the hotel. Check-in was a breeze, the staff was very friendly. Our room was spacious and very accommodating for our size family. The pool was very nice and relaxing, the kids went to the pool every night of our stay. The free buffet breakfast was AWESOME! The daily snacks each evening was just ok. We thorougly enjoyed our stay and are planning our next trip back to Tampa/Embassay/Busch Gardens!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear LouisianaBlessed,
Thank You for the nice comments on your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the loction of the hotel to Busch Gardens and the amenities we offer.
I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed at this Embassy Suites for two nights in August for a business trip and meeting.

It is a typical Embassy Suites with large central atrium. We were allowed to check in early at 1:00 upon arrival. Do not take the Super Shuttle from the airport. Our ride took over an hour because there were so many stops downtown prior to driving to our location uptown. In reality, the hotel is only 20 minutes from the airport (even in moderate traffic).

My room was a typical ES king room. The bed was super comfy. As usual, the refrigerator is always a welcome amenity to keep juice and soda. The bathroom was small. The shower head was on its last legs (it actually fell apart on the second day). Also on the second day, there was no water pressure for much of my shower (I attribute that to taking a shower later in the morning than the first morning). To be fair, I never notified the front desk that there was a problem with my shower head, but it was annoying none-the-less.

There were a few problems with the hotel. I was on the top floor (8th) and during my entire stay, there was a roof leak outside of my room. The carpeting was soaking wet (enough that it squished) and their solution was to put an orange warning cone on the carpet.

The fitness room was open 24/7, a big plus. There was a bike, 2 ellipticals, and 3 treadmills, along with free weights and assorted balls and mats. During my first workout, no towels were available. There were plenty of towels during my second morning.

The pool is located outside near the fitness center and is large and lovely. There is also a large jacuzzi here. The pool was perfect for swimming laps during the morning. There is a shower to rinse off, a nice feature.

I feel compelled to mention the lady who worked out next to me at the gym during my second morning. After my workout, I went upstairs to rinse off and change into my swimsuit. When I came down to swim laps, the lady from the workout room was swimming in the pool in her workout clothes. I haven't been that grossed out in a long time. Just when you think that you've seen it all, I guess.

The huge breakfast buffet starts at 6:30. During my first morning, I needed to eat at 6:00, since we were starting work at 6:30. There were lots of breads, fruits, juices, and pastries available at this time so that I didn't have to miss breakfast.

The complimentary happy hour is always a nice feature at the Embassy Suite. Brings dollar bills for tips.

We used the hotel shuttle service frequently. I also used the shuttle to return to the airport for a $40 fee, which seemed reasonable.

All in all, this hotel certainly provides a pleasant Embassy Suites experience, but they really need to get on top of maintenance and preventative maintenance issues.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Nittany & Fargo,
Thank You for the comments on your recent stay. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experiences. I have shared your review with the management team and hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The rooms are tired and quite boring. The living area is dark, having a window that looks into the centre of the building. The pullout sofa was, I'm told, not very comfortable. The bathroom is not 'private' as stated in the hotel's description - if you are sharing with someone that will be using the pullout sofa, there aren't any doors that separate both the living and bedroom area from the bathroom area so, you will most likely disturb them. There is just one door from the living area to the bedroom.

The check in experience was very poor. The receptionist seemed completely disinterested in her job. I had to ask a number of questions, rather than being offered information such as what time breakfast is at, where is breakfast served, how do I find my room, etc.

Breakfast was decent.

Busch gardens is quite close - just about walking distance if you're reasonably fit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Pascho2000uk,
Thank You for your recent comments. I have reviewed your comments on your stay and have shared these with the management team. I was pleased that to enjoyed how close we are to Busch Gardens and the complimentary Breakfast choices. Thank You for staying with us and I hope you return again on your next visit to Tampa.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The convention I attended was housed in this hotel. It was the perfect place because 3 could be slept to a room without anyone having to share a bed. There were two twin beds in the bedroom (with a TV), then a separate common area with a pullout sofa, table, chairs, TV, minifridge and a bathroom. The hotel rooms lined the perimeter of the hotel so you could see any room from any other room, from the reception, or from the elevator. This made it quite loud in the rooms. The service was not always great though, however. Housekeeping did not change the sheets unless you asked (we were there for 3 weeks!), and when you did ask, they would not bring clean sheets or change them prompty, rather, they would require us to call the front desk repeatedly in order to get them to respond. Overall, very good, though. Breakast buffet was great!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Anne N,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the breakfast each day and the size of the rooms. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We came down to visit family that were also visiting. Embassy Suites is always perfect for families with the large suites, separate rooms, 2 TVs, huge cook-to-order breakfast, and other amenities.

Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfasts were great. We also had dinner a few times at the hotel restaurant and we all liked the food very much. The Cobb Salad at times was almost a work of art!

The best part for us was the location. The hotel provides great, free on-demand shuttle service to Busch Gardens and other places within 5 miles. The other attraction we thoroughly enjoyed was the Museum of Science and Industry which is just a few blocks down from the hotel.

We can't wait to go back.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Dutch_Norwood,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotels amenities and service. Embassy Suites is proud to offer the two room suite, compimentary breakfast and managers reception. I was also pleased that you enjoyed the restaurant and complimentary shuttle. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

Lary Cooper
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Easy drive to and from Busch Gardens. Nice and helpful staff. Due to a late hour check in, I was offered late check out without having to ask. Room a little worn, as all but new or remodeled will be, but was clean and smelled nice. I love having a mini fridge, two tvs, and the extra space standard. Missed the included breakfast but got a much needed good night of sleep. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear 3DStiles,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and had a good nights rest. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again and have a chance to enjoy the complimentary breakfast.