“Overall - OK!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Overall - OK!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

After reading all the bad reviews, I didn't expect much from this hotel. My hubby and I stayed overnight at this hotel. The room was huge and clean, the bed was comfy, and the complimentary breakfast was decent. I would have to admit that some items need to be replaced (found stains on the shower curtain). Location was great, very close to Busch Gardens which was the main objective of our trip. Overall I'd say that this hotel is OK. Good place to stay if you get the room at a discounted rate ;)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Ellesor0709,
Thank you for teh comments on your visit. I am pleased you liked the size of the rooms and the breakfast. The location is great when going to Busch Gardens or around USF. Hope on your next Busch Gardens trip you stay with us again.

631 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Very noisy, kids run free all over place at all hours. Staff ignored the noise and kids even after complaints. Even in the bedroom with doors closed the noise would wake us up at all hours. Staff at the complimentary breakfast rude and lazy. Buffet line would be missing items for a long time while staff stood around talking. Took half hour and two requests to get syrup and milk refilled.

• Stayed May 2012
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear yummytummyfl
Thank You for responding about your recent stay at my hotel. I apologize for the noise from the children in the hotel. Also the breakfast staff not being up to the expected level. I have brought these items to the attention of the management team to improve. I hope on your next visit to Tampa you choose to stay with us again and experience the improvements.
Thank You and hopefully see you soon.

Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

So close to USF, this must be a popular hotel because it showed a lot of wear. The carpet and furniture in our room needed to be replaced. Both the toilet and a/c unit were excessively noisy and moreover, the room felt so humid it reminded me of the beach. Having stayed at numerous Embassy Suites across the country, I arrived with a certain expectations that were not met. The free breakfast is usually a plus, but at this place I was turned off by the white film on all the eating utensils in the buffet line and the scrambled eggs that really tasted like the powdered eggs they use to serve in the military. All that said, what really noticeable was the hotel staff who seemed oblivious to the guests --pretty lame!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Alantis 104,
Thank You for taking the time to write a response concerning your recent stay. I apologize we didn't exceed your expections. I have addressed these items with the managemnet and your comments helps to improve for the future. I hope the next time your in Tampa you choose to stay with us again and experience the service and quality you expect.
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

This Embassy Suites needs significant updates in decor. Furniture is old and broken however, the bed was comfortable. No complimentary internet in room. Must pay $10 per day for access which is rather absurd given that most hotels provide this for free nearly everywhere else. Can use WIFI in lobby, which is noisy and crowded. Breakfast in hum-drum although complimentary. Location is great if you are visiting Busch Gardens or USF (which I was) but the neighborhood is a bit seedy (as most neighborhoods are around college campuses). Customer service was inconsistent, and on one occasion the CSR was just rude as I witnessed with the person in front of me and with me as well. This is never acceptable behavior. Room rate is very pricey for the overall poor quality of the hotel. Overall, your money is much better spent at a different hotel and there are many in the area for a much better rate AND with free WIFI for guests. Don't waste your money on this one.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Travelingurl50,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at my hotel. I apologize we did not exceed your expectations. We value your comments and they help us improve for the future. I have shared the concerns with condition, service and the internet with the management team as to address going forward.
I hope on your next trip to Tampa you choose to stay with us again and experience the service you expect.

Scotland, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

This is the second time we've stayed here. The hotel is nice - the rooms are a little dated but are comfortable. We stay here because all the rooms are two room suites (and we can stay up while our daughter goes to bed) and because of the free shuttle to Busch Gardens. There is no other hotel I could see that provided both these facilities in the vicinity.

I like the hotel, but it is expensive for what you get (we paid $159.99 + tax per night). If you can get a good deal, go for it!

Room Tip: The top floor (floor 8) is quiet and has larger windows than the other floors.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear LMC_77,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the shuttle to Busch Gardens. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was amazing. I travelled there for work, and added a couple days just for fun. Breakfast bar and cook to order eggs was included each morning, and it was very good. Reception each evening with light snacks and complimentary drinks was a great way to end the day. The hotel provided a free shuttle to places in a 5 mile radius, which was nice because while there were restaurants and a mall in walking distance, crossing the very busy road was a bit scary. If you are looking to see the typical Tampa Bay sites, you really need a car. I had to pay $30 one way for a ride to the aquarium (which was nice). I am pretty adventurous, and figured out how to ride public transit back to the hotel for a few dollars. Back to hotel...nice pool area, good restaurant, including pizza hut onsite, good service. Room was very nice, only negative was that the AC was a bit loud.

• Stayed April 2012
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear marianneb1mom,
Thank you for your comments about my hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the Embassy Suites amenities. I hope the next time your in Tampa you choose to stay with us again.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

Close to Busch Gardens, this hotel is a clean, well stocked, well kept, and luxurious place to stay. Our room was stocked with a refrigerator and a coffee maker as well as a microwave and had an adjoining living room and breakfast nook (sofa, two arm chairs, coffee table, table and chairs.) Everything was high quality and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2012
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Addiemac32,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at my hotel. I have passed your comments along to the staff and hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.

Larry Cooper

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!