“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
New oRLEANS
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

I stayed at this hotel the people are very nice. The rooms are big and clean nice place to stay if you have a few kids with you they have room to run around. The staff was super nice and help me with all my needs. I didnt eat at the hotel but would of if I had time. I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

We were happy overall with this hotel, especially for the low rate we obtained through Priceline. Parking was $7/night and they wanted like $12.95/day for access to internet in the room. We stayed for two nights and paid $52/night via Priceline.

The place was clean but the rooms were a bit weathered - poor workmanship in general but functionally it was just fine. There was cracked caulking and worn walls (example: corner edges were worn and wallpaper was peeling away in some areas). The room was HUGE - bigger than some apartments!

No complaints about the staff at all and the free breakfast was outstanding. We are not picky or demanding so we really don't have too much to complain about. The only comment that I will make is that the television when powered on was pre-set at too loud of a volume - not good when others in the suite are trying to sleep.

The hotel was right across the street from a large shopping mall but there seemed to be nothing else of interest in the immediate area. Very convenient right at the exit of I-275. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
W-S, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

The staff was rather friendly and I was able to check-in early . . .so I was quite pleased with that aspect. The location is great if you need to be close to the airport.

I did find the hotel rather dated and in need of renovation.

It was a comfortable night’s sleep and a convenient hotel – but this Embassy Suites needs a serious makeover.

washington, dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

The beds at this hotel are extremely comfortable--- I rarely sleep deeply on the first night in any hotel room but had a really great sleep in this big, comfy bed. The rooms are also really large-- one of the biggest hotel rooms I've been in, even for being a suite. So it makes a good hotel for a work trip when sleep and work space are huge assets. The rooms do feel a little tired, though, with cheap-looking furniture, dated carpeting and generally a little worn. Also there's no towel bars in the bathroom which was a little weird-- there's a great cubby under the sink to store the clean towels but that leaves the towels way too far from the shower when you step out!

The hotel is very quiet, which surprised me given its location right off of a fairly major road. I wasn't crazy about the neighborhood-- it's not rough or anything, just very industrial/strip mall looking. The parking area is a little confusing--- most of the parking is in a garage that is past the hotel main entrance-- the garage is small, tight turns and not well lit so if you can get a spot in the uncovered parking you pass before the hotel main entrance, you might be happier there.

Staff has been consistently efficient and helpful. Breakfast was on par with other Embassy Suites free breakfasts (decent, not great, but also not bad)

Would stay here again but not my favorite business hotel in the Tampa area.

Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Although the staff was pleasant and helpful, the rooms were rather old and need a good refurbishing. Tampa could use some better options close to the airport

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

I went to Tampa to have laser spine surgery.Staff treated me excellent and helped me anyway they could. They went above and beyond to cater to me and my needs. It is an excellent hotel to stay at especially if you are going down there to LSI. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in, even better than my bed at home, it really helped to have such a comfortable bed after having surgery. I was there for 8 days, 7 nights and it was comfortable and homey.
My room was a king suite. It had a seperate room with sink, microwave, and refrigarator. I had a big living room with a balcony over-looking the pool which was nice. Seperate bedroom with a door and off of that was makeup area and bathroom.
The room was extremely clean and just comfortable.
In front of the hotel is a Waffle Shop and across the street is a big shopping mall with several restaruants that you can walk to. They were so nice at the hotel, even giving me a ride to Walgreens to pick up my prescriptions and taking me to my doctor appointment as well as to another mall to go eat at the Cheese Cake Factory. The shuttle drivers are very nice.
They also have a Manager's reception every night with free drinks and appetizers and also have free breakfast in morning with things like biscuits and gravy, bacon,and sausage.
It is a great place to stay whether traveling alone, with kids or on business. It caters to all.
I sadly wasn't crazy about my steak I ordered. It was extremely tender and juicy but had no flavor. They do offer alot on their menu, however I wasn't thrilled with the food but it could just be my taste buds because others seemed to be enjoying the food, especially the pizza.
So I definetely would stay here again and give it 9 out of 10 stars.
Hope this helps.
Lisa Sowders

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

To me, this hotel was in an excellent location. When you go to Tampa, Fl, they don't usually consider themselves in Tampa, they consider themselves in the Tampa Bay Area. This includes all three cities, Clearwater-Tampa-St. Petersburg.

This hotel is very strategically placed so that everything is close to you. I'll list them so that it's easier to understand.
_____________________________________________________________________

Walking Distance - Westshore Shopping Mall (lots of stores and restourants)
- Walgreens

5 Minute Drive - International Plaza (amazing mall with a lot of restourants and a plaza)

10 Minute Drive - Tampa International Airport
- Tampa Bay ( the actualy bay)
- South Tampa

15 Minute Drive - Downtown Tampa
- Ybor City (Small downtown: tons of bars and restourants to chose from)

20 Minute Drive - Small bay-beach on the Causway towards Clearwater
- MacDill Airforce Base
- Carollwood, Westchase, North Tampa

30 Minute Drive - Clearwater Downtown
- Brandon (suburbs west of Tampa)

45 MInute Drive - Clearwater Beach
- Saint Petersburg

Basically, there's a lot to do in the Tampa Bay area and this hotel is in the middle of everything. The staff is extremely nice and will cater to all of your needs. The buffett is also really amazing. My only complaint is that the restrooms didn't have any fans, but that's about it. The pool, jacuzzi, and gym were all also really nice.

I would recommend going to honey moon island and St. pete's beach if you're looking for quiet beaches. If you want more activity, go to Clearwater beach, but the parking will cost money. Here's a tip, when parking after 6 p.m., park in the marina because they won't charge $ after 6 p.m.

I would also recommend eating at Crabby Bills, the seafood is great over there. Another restourant/bar I went to was Frenchy's Rockaway. The food wasn't so great, but the best part is that you can sit right in front of the beach and watch the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico. It get's really croweded there though.

I highly recommend visitng the Tampa Bay area and staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!