“Excellent service-Comfortable beds-9out of 10 stars” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Valet & WiFi Package
Ranked #51 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Indiana
“Excellent service-Comfortable beds-9out of 10 stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

I went to Tampa to have laser spine surgery.Staff treated me excellent and helped me anyway they could. They went above and beyond to cater to me and my needs. It is an excellent hotel to stay at especially if you are going down there to LSI. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in, even better than my bed at home, it really helped to have such a comfortable bed after having surgery. I was there for 8 days, 7 nights and it was comfortable and homey.
My room was a king suite. It had a seperate room with sink, microwave, and refrigarator. I had a big living room with a balcony over-looking the pool which was nice. Seperate bedroom with a door and off of that was makeup area and bathroom.
The room was extremely clean and just comfortable.
In front of the hotel is a Waffle Shop and across the street is a big shopping mall with several restaruants that you can walk to. They were so nice at the hotel, even giving me a ride to Walgreens to pick up my prescriptions and taking me to my doctor appointment as well as to another mall to go eat at the Cheese Cake Factory. The shuttle drivers are very nice.
They also have a Manager's reception every night with free drinks and appetizers and also have free breakfast in morning with things like biscuits and gravy, bacon,and sausage.
It is a great place to stay whether traveling alone, with kids or on business. It caters to all.
I sadly wasn't crazy about my steak I ordered. It was extremely tender and juicy but had no flavor. They do offer alot on their menu, however I wasn't thrilled with the food but it could just be my taste buds because others seemed to be enjoying the food, especially the pizza.
So I definetely would stay here again and give it 9 out of 10 stars.
Hope this helps.
Lisa Sowders

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

503 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

To me, this hotel was in an excellent location. When you go to Tampa, Fl, they don't usually consider themselves in Tampa, they consider themselves in the Tampa Bay Area. This includes all three cities, Clearwater-Tampa-St. Petersburg.

This hotel is very strategically placed so that everything is close to you. I'll list them so that it's easier to understand.
_____________________________________________________________________

Walking Distance - Westshore Shopping Mall (lots of stores and restourants)
- Walgreens

5 Minute Drive - International Plaza (amazing mall with a lot of restourants and a plaza)

10 Minute Drive - Tampa International Airport
- Tampa Bay ( the actualy bay)
- South Tampa

15 Minute Drive - Downtown Tampa
- Ybor City (Small downtown: tons of bars and restourants to chose from)

20 Minute Drive - Small bay-beach on the Causway towards Clearwater
- MacDill Airforce Base
- Carollwood, Westchase, North Tampa

30 Minute Drive - Clearwater Downtown
- Brandon (suburbs west of Tampa)

45 MInute Drive - Clearwater Beach
- Saint Petersburg

Basically, there's a lot to do in the Tampa Bay area and this hotel is in the middle of everything. The staff is extremely nice and will cater to all of your needs. The buffett is also really amazing. My only complaint is that the restrooms didn't have any fans, but that's about it. The pool, jacuzzi, and gym were all also really nice.

I would recommend going to honey moon island and St. pete's beach if you're looking for quiet beaches. If you want more activity, go to Clearwater beach, but the parking will cost money. Here's a tip, when parking after 6 p.m., park in the marina because they won't charge $ after 6 p.m.

I would also recommend eating at Crabby Bills, the seafood is great over there. Another restourant/bar I went to was Frenchy's Rockaway. The food wasn't so great, but the best part is that you can sit right in front of the beach and watch the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico. It get's really croweded there though.

I highly recommend visitng the Tampa Bay area and staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
lolo1681
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

I was in a group of 5 women in town for a conference. We rented a 2 bedroom suite. Our check-in time was supposed to be 3:00pm, but when we arrived at 4:30, we were told that our room wasn't ready yet. The front desk attendant offered to stash our luggage in the office and sent us up to the 2nd floor restaurant, where we were all given a free meal, any item on the menu. She could have easily told us to go to the manager's reception where food was served. They went above and beyond to make us happy. A cot was promptly brought up to the room for the 5th person. The rooms were a little dated, but plenty spacious. Everything was clean and the bedding was incredible. The bartender in the lounge was nice and provided us with plastic cups so that we could take our drinks poolside. We all enjoyed a hot breakfast the next morning and an expediant checkout. The only thing I didn't like was the parking garage. It's small and the ceiling beams are so low that I only had about a 10 inch clearance with my SUV.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

My first impression of this hotel started with the parking experience. What a pain. The spaces in the garage are small, limited, & on multiple levels without an elevator. I had to be a contortionist to get out of my car without dinging the car next to me.

Check in was fine and getting to the room not an issue, however as other reviewers note, the rooms are very outdated. What’s up with the vinyl sofa? They have a partial kitchen, however no where to eat your meal. I had to move aside a lamp and keyboard to make space on the desk.

When showering that night, I heard a huge slam coming from the front room. It sounded as if someone tried to enter my room. When I rushed out of the shower to see what was going on, I noticed the security latch was not in the flat position; and was sitting as if someone did try to enter. I quickly through some clothes on so I could look out in the hall but by that time I did not see anyone there.

At 7:00 in the morning, I had a knock on the door. I was still in bed so it took me a little bit to get up. As I was headed towards the door, it opened up – again catching the security latch. This time, I was able to get there quick enough to find a housekeeper trying to get in. She did not have her cart with her. When I questioned what she wanted, she apologized and hurried away. No explanation was given regarding the disturbance.

When I checked out, I wanted to discuss these issues with the front desk staff; however I was continually interrupted by the employee taking calls. As I had a meeting to attend, I gave up on trying to address the issue.

I booked through Hotwire which is always a gamble but I was surprise by the overall experience with an Embassy Suites. Usually the quality is much better at this chain.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
EmbassyAirport, Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, May 29, 2009
Thank you for staying with us, and for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the parking garage situation. I also apologize for the interruptions to you in your suite. I would like to research that incident. Please contact me at phil.zawadzki@hilton.com so I can resolve that issue. Thank you again for staying with us.
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

This is so out of character for me - as one might expect with a handle like Travel Skeptic I tend to provide less than stellar reviews for hotels that others often rave about. In this case, the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport was not only the cheapest but the nicest (in many ways) hotel that I stayed in during my 18 day swing through the South East.

My wife and I drove in from Charleston SC where we'd stayed at the Harborview Inn which was pushing $450/night when valet parking and taxes were added. All of this for a hotel with a small room, two uncomfortable beds, and a tiny television (might have been 24"). See my review. After that, getting a suite with two big TV's, a nice shower, a cooked breakfast, and free airport shuttle for $118/night AAA rate was the deal of the year. I guess everything is relative.

We had a 6 PM flight the next day so we needed a reasonable place to stay. The Embassy Suites had a free business center so we could print our boarding passes and a major shopping mall across the street to kill time. It was also walking distance to our car rental place so we could ditch the car first thing in the morning to save some money, and had a free airport shuttle. These were the deciding factors.

I rate my hotel rooms based on 3 things: A good bed, a hot shower, and a quiet setting. The Embassy Suites Tampa Airport scored 5/5 on all accounts. The cooked breakfast was great, the checkin and checkout were fast and efficient, and the two big TV's were great. The room was extremely quiet to the point that I didn't even notice the usual airplane takeoff / landing noises you generally get at an airport hotel.

OK - so the room was a bit dated, and there were two big ottomans in front of the sofa instead of a table as other reviewers have commented, but I'm not sure I see the big deal. As a general rule when I stay in an airport hotel I'm not there for the view, don't need a balcony, and don't care if the furniture has a few dents. I'm likely camping out for a night or two before or after a long flight and need a good night's sleep at a reasonable cost. This hotel provides just that.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Lithonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

We loved this hotel!!! We were greeted with fresh cookies and cold bottled water. Check in was swift and attentive. The suite was very nice and had a pull out sofa. We had double beds and they were very comfy, we slept well. There is an excellent manager's happy hour with real food and great drinks, we loved that! They also serve a complimentary hot breakfast with omelets made to order and a waffle maker, the breakfast was great. The cookies are served daily. When we needed extra towels they were brought swiftly. There is a great pool area with a hot tub. This hotel is our first choice now for our stays in Tampa and I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
orlando, fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

Booked through Hotwire and after seeing the reviews I was a little afraid as to what I might get upon arrival. However, the rooms were large and clean with nice amenities and two new flat screen tvs.
You could tell it was an older property and certainly not as nice as some of the other Embassy suites in which I've stayed, but all that said, I would stay here again when on business.
The only other negative was paying 7.50 to park in an unsecured parking garage and of course the 12.50 to pay for wi-fi.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!