“Like a one-bedroom apartment” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Spring Training 2015
Ranked #45 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Houston
“Like a one-bedroom apartment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Full kitchen with all appliances. Separate living room from bedroom. Located across a mall with movies. Says it's near the waterfront but we didn't see water. Excellent free breakfast except for the cook who made a great omelet, but got upset when I added one more ingredient. Everyone else was very friendly and professional. It's also the quickest we've ever been checked in. Seemed like it only took the clerk a minute. Covered parking for $8 self park. Good for long stays but we only stayed one night. Everything was so wonderful, I'm not taking a star off for the omelet cook's bad attitude.

Room Tip: Very good for long term
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear ledaumas,

Thank you for the feedback regarding the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore! I was glad to see you enjoyed our spacious suites and your check in experience. While not all our suites have a full kitchen, we do have several available. My apologies for the experience you had with our cook and will be sure to research what may have happened. We hope next time you are in Tampa, you will stay with us again.

benjamin.howell@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Cocoa Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Great location for business and pleasure. The pool was great and located well to the hotel. The convenience of a complimentary breakfast was great. The mall is just across the street and a short ride to Hyde Park.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Susan Q,

Thanks for the great feedback on your stay at the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. It was nice to see you found the location, complimentary cooked to order breakfast, and pool to your enjoyment. We hope next time you visit Tampa, you will give us come see us again!

Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This hotel has a professional and helpful staff and an excellent complimentary breakfast. Rooms are clean and well furnished. Very close proximity to two malls and plenty of restaurants. I would stay here again without question.

Dear John U,

Thank you for the feeback on your stay at the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore! My team and I are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in the service we provide and are thrilled to see you found it, along with the complimentary breakfast and room cleanliness top notch. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Memphis, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stayed here recently after a lot of searching and went forward mostly based on reviews here on TA. Was pretty disappointed. If we hadn't Pre-Paid we would have moved, for sure. I can't believe I managed to last the whole week showering there, as I'm a bit of a clean freak. This place is in need of renovation -- bathrooms had mildew and guest rooms are seriously worn out. Beds were very uncomfortable. The common areas and lobby look wonderful but step on the elevator and it's over! The parking fees are ridiculous (it's Tampa, Fl?). The location is odd because the description implies it's "walkable" to the mall & restaurants.....the road is busy and not pedestrian friendly at all! The mall is tired and older and there are just 2 or 3 eating choices. The 2 pluses are the breakfast was pretty good and the staff was very friendly. We had family staying at the Embassy Suites downtown and went over a few times -- no comparison for the price -- stay there!!!! MUCH better choice for the money. The International is wonderful for shopping but since you have to drive anyway, just 3-4 miles difference and you can stay at the other EmbS. I would skip this one -- there are just too many hotels and options in the area that are better. I regretted the choice every day as we drove by the many other ones I had considered!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear ASRmomx3,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us and apologize that it was less than perfect. I certainly understand how the issues you expressed would cause your stay with us to be less than expected. We take great pride in the hotel and service we provide. While it was great to see that you enjoyed the breakfast and staff, I will be personally looking into the issues you mentioned. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this further. We would like for you to feel comfortable staying with us again next time you are in Tampa and I would like to personally invite you back.

Honolulu, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The hotel staff here is extremely friendly and accommodating. Have stayed at this hotel for a year for work and was very pleased with the quality of service provided by the staff here. The suites are well furnished and the maid service is prompt. This location is perfectly located to anywhere you need to go in Tampa. Would gladly stay here the next time I am in Tampa.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Jason B,

Thank you for the feedback on the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore! We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your stay with us. We truly value you and the relationship with the company you work for. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks again,

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This is a older hotel. The layout is not the typical atrium style you see with embassy, but, more a traditional suite hotel. While older it is clean & well maintained with larger rooms which is nice. The staff is courteous & helpful. Our check in was slow; we were given offered free internet as an unsolicited courtesy for our wait which was a nice touch.

The view of Tampa Bay was an added benefit & recommend asking for it.

Parking & check in can be challenging. The front entrance has limited spaces which always seem to be full with not much room to stop in front to unload/load as it appears always congested. Getting back to hotel later at night during our stay found the parking garage nearly full both nights with 1-2 spaces left. This was at 8pm. Not sure where the guests arriving later would stay. Overall would recommend this hotel.

One caution regarding Dollar rental car agency. Florida has put in toll roads. Apparently they are starting to eliminate the staffed booths. If a florida resident you just get a bill in the mail based on the photo taken of your license plate if you go through without their electronic payment system. Dollar rental car appears to use this as a revenue generator by either offering a $$/day fixed price to cover any tolls or charging a $15 administrative fee per toll if you do not use their per day fee. The prepay approach for our 12 day rental was $90. With either approach this results in hearty fees if you only use a few toll roads during your stay. We found out with the final receipt they also charge a $7 fee for communicating to your airline mileage program which I do not recall being discussed when asked for what milage program I wanted to use.

Stayed June 2014
Dear rhhjch,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I was happy to see you enjoyed the view we offer and that the staff service was what you expected. We take great pride in our team and am always pleased to give them positive feedback. I am sorry the experience you had with Dollar Rental at the airport wasn't great. Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any assistance.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This was my husband and I first vacation in awhile. We had a other business to attend to first.

We had early check in and our room was not ready. They tried to give us a room without a view instead. We were told another 35 minutes, so we left until they called us.

Once we got into the room and checked it out,you noticed the view of the bay was hindered by the huge Suntrust Bank building and as you walked in further the carpet had major spots in the living room, the carpet was so dirty that we were afraid to walk barefooted. The trim/molding on the wall was pilling back, a couple of holes in the wall, the bathroom tub filthy and stained, cracks in the bathroom floor tiles with missing pieces, kitchen counter sticky and sink dirty. Fan in bathroom didn't work, and refrigerator was slow in working. Elevators were filthy, at 10 am in the morning you had beer bottles and trash in the corner. We took pictures to authenticate the aforementioned.
Then on the last day we received knocks at the door and calls for check out at 8:00am and then at 11:00 am, when we had 2:00 pm check because of AARP when we registered and checked in.

My husband and I have been wanting to stay at an Embassy Suites forever and now we're not sure if we'll ever go back.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Paul J,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I certainly understand how the issues you describe could make such an important vacation with us less than you expect from our brand. Please understand that the experience you had is not common for our property and I would love the opportunity to Make it Right with you. Please feel free to reach out to me so I can be of further assistance. I would also like to make sure I know what room number you had so we can address all the room related issues in thorough detail.

benjamin.howell@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!