“Amazing Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Honolulu, United States
“Amazing Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The hotel staff here is extremely friendly and accommodating. Have stayed at this hotel for a year for work and was very pleased with the quality of service provided by the staff here. The suites are well furnished and the maid service is prompt. This location is perfectly located to anywhere you need to go in Tampa. Would gladly stay here the next time I am in Tampa.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Jason B,

Thank you for the feedback on the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore! We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your stay with us. We truly value you and the relationship with the company you work for. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks again,

benjamin.howell@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This is a older hotel. The layout is not the typical atrium style you see with embassy, but, more a traditional suite hotel. While older it is clean & well maintained with larger rooms which is nice. The staff is courteous & helpful. Our check in was slow; we were given offered free internet as an unsolicited courtesy for our wait which was a nice touch.

The view of Tampa Bay was an added benefit & recommend asking for it.

Parking & check in can be challenging. The front entrance has limited spaces which always seem to be full with not much room to stop in front to unload/load as it appears always congested. Getting back to hotel later at night during our stay found the parking garage nearly full both nights with 1-2 spaces left. This was at 8pm. Not sure where the guests arriving later would stay. Overall would recommend this hotel.

One caution regarding Dollar rental car agency. Florida has put in toll roads. Apparently they are starting to eliminate the staffed booths. If a florida resident you just get a bill in the mail based on the photo taken of your license plate if you go through without their electronic payment system. Dollar rental car appears to use this as a revenue generator by either offering a $$/day fixed price to cover any tolls or charging a $15 administrative fee per toll if you do not use their per day fee. The prepay approach for our 12 day rental was $90. With either approach this results in hearty fees if you only use a few toll roads during your stay. We found out with the final receipt they also charge a $7 fee for communicating to your airline mileage program which I do not recall being discussed when asked for what milage program I wanted to use.

Stayed June 2014
Dear rhhjch,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I was happy to see you enjoyed the view we offer and that the staff service was what you expected. We take great pride in our team and am always pleased to give them positive feedback. I am sorry the experience you had with Dollar Rental at the airport wasn't great. Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any assistance.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This was my husband and I first vacation in awhile. We had a other business to attend to first.

We had early check in and our room was not ready. They tried to give us a room without a view instead. We were told another 35 minutes, so we left until they called us.

Once we got into the room and checked it out,you noticed the view of the bay was hindered by the huge Suntrust Bank building and as you walked in further the carpet had major spots in the living room, the carpet was so dirty that we were afraid to walk barefooted. The trim/molding on the wall was pilling back, a couple of holes in the wall, the bathroom tub filthy and stained, cracks in the bathroom floor tiles with missing pieces, kitchen counter sticky and sink dirty. Fan in bathroom didn't work, and refrigerator was slow in working. Elevators were filthy, at 10 am in the morning you had beer bottles and trash in the corner. We took pictures to authenticate the aforementioned.
Then on the last day we received knocks at the door and calls for check out at 8:00am and then at 11:00 am, when we had 2:00 pm check because of AARP when we registered and checked in.

My husband and I have been wanting to stay at an Embassy Suites forever and now we're not sure if we'll ever go back.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Paul J,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I certainly understand how the issues you describe could make such an important vacation with us less than you expect from our brand. Please understand that the experience you had is not common for our property and I would love the opportunity to Make it Right with you. Please feel free to reach out to me so I can be of further assistance. I would also like to make sure I know what room number you had so we can address all the room related issues in thorough detail.

Wiesbaden, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Great hotel and service! The breakfast was great with omelets made the way you want them. I liked the complimentary dinner but would have preferred more variety as far as food is concerned. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Dominik D,

Thank you for the feedback on the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. My team and I are happy to see you enjoyed your stay and the service you received. We take great pride in our hotel and hope next time you are in Tampa, you will come see us again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

If you're used to staying at a typical Embassy Suites, this one definitely doesn't fit the mold. From what I understand this hotel was converted from condos. The rooms were big but very outdated. They definitely needed an upgrade. Did have issues with the toilet and we were offered a different room but we felt it would be too much of a hassle to move. The food was great and they had a great selection though I suggest getting there early as it fills up quick and seating is a challenge. The pool area was really nice and the hot tub was nice too though you had to walk across the driveway to get to it or through the eating area.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Caveman7570,

Thank you for the feedback of our hotel. I apologize the style of furnishings were not to your liking and you had an issue with the toilet. My team and I were happy to see you enjoyed the size of the rooms and the food. As you noted, our newly renovated pool and spa are a great amenity. Please feel free to let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

What a great hotel ! The room was so big! My daughter and her friend used the main bedroom and I used the living room.

They have free shuttle service to Raymond James, ( We went to see the soccer game.)

Room Tip: book early. If you wait, the price will go up so quickly!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear oyako3dai,

Thank you for the feedback on the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore! My team and I are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope next time you are in town you will come see us again.

Saint Petersburg, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Service wasn't up to par with I am use to having from Embassy Suites. What we has promised wasn't given things were changed at the last moment. The food wasn't up to par. The servicers took the food up before the event that we were having was over. We were told if we booked so many rooms that we would get free rooms that didn't happen.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Freddie H,

Thank you for the review of our hotel despite the issues you mentioned. We truly enjoyed having the Oliver Family Reunion with us. I know I spoke to you while you were here and addressed each of your concerns in person already. I apologize again that we did not read through with you in detail the section of your contract that clearly states our complimentary room policy. Also, we happily compensated you with a free meeting space on Sunday for two of your events. Regardess of the misinterpretation of the contracted expectations, we got some great feedback on our service from your family and wish you the best!

benjamin.howell@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!