“Embassy Suites” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Embassy Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Great hotel and service! The breakfast was great with omelets made the way you want them. I liked the complimentary dinner but would have preferred more variety as far as food is concerned. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Dominik D,

Thank you for the feedback on the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. My team and I are happy to see you enjoyed your stay and the service you received. We take great pride in our hotel and hope next time you are in Tampa, you will come see us again.

benjamin.howell@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

If you're used to staying at a typical Embassy Suites, this one definitely doesn't fit the mold. From what I understand this hotel was converted from condos. The rooms were big but very outdated. They definitely needed an upgrade. Did have issues with the toilet and we were offered a different room but we felt it would be too much of a hassle to move. The food was great and they had a great selection though I suggest getting there early as it fills up quick and seating is a challenge. The pool area was really nice and the hot tub was nice too though you had to walk across the driveway to get to it or through the eating area.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Caveman7570,

Thank you for the feedback of our hotel. I apologize the style of furnishings were not to your liking and you had an issue with the toilet. My team and I were happy to see you enjoyed the size of the rooms and the food. As you noted, our newly renovated pool and spa are a great amenity. Please feel free to let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

What a great hotel ! The room was so big! My daughter and her friend used the main bedroom and I used the living room.

They have free shuttle service to Raymond James, ( We went to see the soccer game.)

Room Tip: book early. If you wait, the price will go up so quickly!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear oyako3dai,

Thank you for the feedback on the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore! My team and I are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope next time you are in town you will come see us again.

Saint Petersburg, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Service wasn't up to par with I am use to having from Embassy Suites. What we has promised wasn't given things were changed at the last moment. The food wasn't up to par. The servicers took the food up before the event that we were having was over. We were told if we booked so many rooms that we would get free rooms that didn't happen.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Freddie H,

Thank you for the review of our hotel despite the issues you mentioned. We truly enjoyed having the Oliver Family Reunion with us. I know I spoke to you while you were here and addressed each of your concerns in person already. I apologize again that we did not read through with you in detail the section of your contract that clearly states our complimentary room policy. Also, we happily compensated you with a free meeting space on Sunday for two of your events. Regardess of the misinterpretation of the contracted expectations, we got some great feedback on our service from your family and wish you the best!

Montville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My daughter and I were in Tampa to attend a college open house with my granddaughter and decided to stay at this hotel since it was halfway between the airport and the school. We were very pleased with the rooms and found the staff to be pleasant and VERY accommodating. Being located across the street from a very nice shopping mall was also a plus. When we travel to Tampa again, we will definitely stay at the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/ Westshore.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear carol s,

Thank you for the review of the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. It is nice to see you enjoyed our convenient location and found our staff to be outstanding. We hope to see you on your next trip to Tampa while visiting your daughter!

Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The hotel was very clean. I enjoyed the reception and the way the hotel staff was. I just had a minimum issue which was the air conditioner was not cooling very fast in my room but I called the front desk and in a matter of minutes they had it fixed. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Way to go Embassy you guys are top notched.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Ines D,

Thank you for the great feedback on the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore! We take great pride in the cleanliness and service we provide our guests. I am happy to see we were able to exceed your expectations.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We booked this hotel using Hilton Honor's Points for a Pre Cruise Stay. The hotel wasn't originally an Embassy Suites so the rooms are a bit different and smaller then the typical ES but for our purposes it was fine. They offer free shuttle service from the Airport to the Hotel. Upon our arrive we called them for pick up and they were there in about 15/20 minutes. They do not offer shuttle service to the ports but they will call a cab for you and the fare is about $20. All very simple and easy to do the morning of the cruise. They are directly across from the Westshore Mall and will drive you to another mall and restaurants within a 3 mile radius. We did not use that service and just walked across the street to the Westshore Mall for lunch. The manager's reception with free drinks and light snacks (chips/dip) took place in the evening. We stopped in and had a few items. Their breakfast in the morning was excellent. Probably one of the best breakfasts I have had at an ES. Plenty to choose from and set up in a way that kept the lines at a minimum, I have to say overall the staff was extremely friendly. Everyone was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear KateRyder,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us! It was nice to see you enjoyed the complimentary full cooked to order breakfast, complimentary evening reception, and complimentary shuttle service. Our team at the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore take great pride in the service we offer and are happy to see you recognized that. We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Tampa and you enjoyed your cruise.

benjamin.howell@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!